Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 01:25 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,590,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Another sad commentary about how this country is so politically divided. Just one person acting out or a forewarning of a critical divide that could tear the country apart?

The United States is NOT being torn apart. But that doesn't mean there's some very deranged individuals out there who are violent & intolerant as demonstrated in this case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2019, 01:27 PM

15,622 posts, read 10,373,692 times
It is wrong to blame all democrats for the crazy, irresponsible behavior of a restaurant employee who has the impulse control of a grade schooler. Most dems don't spit on people and most republicans don't march around with tiki torches.

I wish some people would quit making one person's or a few people's behavior the exemplar for voters of an entire political party.

Old 06-26-2019, 01:45 PM

3,318 posts, read 2,333,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I wish some people would quit making one person's or a few people's behavior the exemplar for voters of an entire political party.
I do too, but sadly, I don't see it getting any better anytime soon.

Old 06-26-2019, 01:45 PM

30,608 posts, read 18,168,944 times
What a disgusting statement by the restaurant team. They attempt to please all sides by also calling out those who want to shut down the restaurant and those praise the act as "civil disobedience," before attacking the overall state of political discourse The only appropriate thing for the restaurant to comment on in this particular statement was the condemnation of its employee's disgraceful behavior. Of course, I'm not surprised that the restaurant hasn't fired, but only suspended, this employee. Par for the course for the left.

Old 06-26-2019, 02:08 PM

63 posts, read 27,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
What a disgusting statement by the restaurant team. They attempt to please all sides by also calling out those who want to shut down the restaurant and those praise the act as "civil disobedience," before attacking the overall state of political discourse The only appropriate thing for the restaurant to comment on in this particular statement was the condemnation of its employee's disgraceful behavior. Of course, I'm not surprised that the restaurant hasn't fired, but only suspended, this employee. Par for the course for the left.
I wonder if she spits in the food of all people she doesn't like or just Republicans .

Old 06-26-2019, 02:11 PM

37,085 posts, read 41,201,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little ben View Post
I wonder if she spits in the food of all people she doesn't like or just Republicans .
I would wonder that, too. The risk would certainly make me avoid the restaurant altogether.

Old 06-26-2019, 02:22 PM

12,026 posts, read 6,556,249 times
How long before the tolerant democrats create a job for her as a paid commentator on CNN?

Old 06-26-2019, 02:41 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,247,068 times
Sometimes the proper response to this stuff is the old fashioned response. A fist to the mouth. It will be remembered.

Old 06-26-2019, 03:25 PM

78,271 posts, read 60,479,229 times
Wow, only suspended and hiding behind the "we won't discuss an HR matter".

That's a load and everyone here knows it. The standard, "Person X is no longer working here" has been a neutral accepted response in many cases.

I lived in Chicago, they're afraid that if they fire her they're going to lose a predominantly democratic group of diners.

They'll probably quietly jettison the employee by keeping them suspended until they just find work somewhere else.

I can imagine that the owners and her co-workers (tips) are going to be none to happy with her as their business tanks for a while over fears that people are spitting in their food.

P.S. I note that the Restaurant is blaming both those demanding the restaurant be ruined or praising the spitter for being part of a toxic discourse.(I agree) Well, ya know not auto-firing an employee that spits on a customer at a high-end restaurant makes them a hypocrite and part of the problem as well. McDonalds would have fired her on the spot.

Last edited by Mathguy; 06-26-2019 at 03:46 PM..

Old 06-26-2019, 03:35 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,244,564 times
Oh my--poor attention-seeking Eric Trump. The Trump boys need to understand that if they choose to insult a wide swath of Americans on a large scale, insult experienced high level government officials and politicians, and insult people far more knowledgeable than they are, they should expect that people will react and respond.

If they would like to be left alone, they should get out of politics, rid themselves of the need for infinite attention, rid themselves of the notion that it matters who their father is, and stop publicly inserting themselves into matters that have nothing to do with them. I.e., live as private citizens do and nobody will bother them. Put themselves in the middle of everything and start publicly attacking people, and they are going to get crap thrown back in their face. That is the way the world works. They just eat it up and love it when they are basking in the Maralago attention of the sycophants. But disrespect them? How dare any of the little people do that!

These self-important attention hogs should understand that if they want to present themselves as public pundits who bash people and treat them in an extremely extremely disrespectful manner, then people will respond in kind. They are just more evidence of the cluelessness and bubble life of the Trump family.

If they can't stand the heat, they should get their irresponsible loudmouth butts out of the kitchen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies