Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 04:35 PM

1,768 posts, read 715,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFit View Post
I take it you didn't read about the Republican Oregon senator. He's the tip of the iceberg and his statement is not uncommon with right wingers. I grew up in Mississippi and lived in Texas and Tennessee before moving out west, so I've spent almost 4 decades surrounded by religious right wingers. The Oregon senator's comments sounded like plenty of similar comments I've heard from gun nuts giving there cute little tough guy speeches about what will happen if the police try to do something they don't like.
You have the the Democrat Governor of Oregon threatening to Arrest every republican in the Oregon Senate.
I'm glad they are making a stand against this.

Democrats want to jail political opposition and silence free speech yet trump is the one threatening our democracy.....yeah right.

The "tough guy" you are referring to is ex military and served in the Iraq war. If you are not familiar with war it is basically where you try to kill someone before they kill you.

Old 06-26-2019, 04:41 PM

1,768 posts, read 715,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFit View Post
Of course, because thats what happened in Canada when they introduced simple, basic rules for gun ownership. Its hard to tell Montreal and Caracas apart, Canadians eating rats to survive their authoritarian oppressive leaders...
Your argument is terrible.

Venezuela banned private gun ownership.
A quarter of homes in Canada are gun owners.

Venezuela used to be the wealthiest country in South America.
Now they are the poorest.

Old 06-26-2019, 04:43 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,020 times
Media Matters, ShareBlue, Carlos Maza.

Old 06-26-2019, 04:49 PM

662 posts, read 313,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skezo View Post
You have the the Democrat Governor of Oregon threatening to Arrest every republican in the Oregon Senate.
I'm glad they are making a stand against this.

Democrats want to jail political opposition and silence free speech yet trump is the one threatening our democracy.....yeah right.

The "tough guy" you are referring to is ex military and served in the Iraq war. If you are not familiar with war it is basically where you try to kill someone before they kill you.
The Republicans did the same thing in Oregon in the 90's. Whatever you just said about D's goes for the R's, they did the exact same thing. Except the D's weren't giving veiled threats to law officers when the R's threatened to have them arrested.

The "tough guy" I am referring to are the people I've heard say garbage like that in person.

Quote:
Your argument is terrible.

Venezuela banned private gun ownership.
A quarter of homes in Canada are gun owners.
Your argument is even worse. Canada put a few common sense gun laws in place decades ago and isn't in the slightest danger of turning into Venezuela. No one is even proposing banning gun ownership in America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies