Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 08:58 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I can’t imagine having sex with a man. I would say the vast majority of people who have had consensual sex with a same sex partner are gay or bi.
If a "gay person" has sex with an opposite sex partner does that make them heterosexual?

Old 07-02-2019, 09:17 AM

628 posts, read 662,792 times
Because media is all propaganda. Gays are 3%, Jews less than 2%, blacks are 13% and only 30% of them have a father in the home. Yet, look at any piece of “culture” whether it be film, television, commercials, novels, and they are all dominated by these people. Why? Because the media is controlled by a very small subgroup of people who have historically used propoganda and “culture” to undermine their host country. A quick google search of who are these MSM executives will be very informative.

Old 07-02-2019, 09:21 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montydean View Post
Because media is all propaganda. Gays are 3%, Jews less than 2%, blacks are 13% and only 30% of them have a father in the home. Yet, look at any piece of “culture” whether it be film, television, commercials, novels, and they are all dominated by these people. Why? Because the media is controlled by a very small subgroup of people who have historically used propoganda and “culture” to undermine their host country. A quick google search of who are these MSM executives will be very informative.
I rarely hear this other than in my own ramblings. The purposeful, and deceptive use of often extreme minorities in order to "normalize", promote, and glorify those activities, or small segments of society. Now the real question. Who is behind those MSM execs like Brian Roberts, Bob Igor, Michael Bloomberg, etc?

Old 07-02-2019, 09:22 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
This post nailed it.

I'm gay but in 2019 I don't understand why I would waste my time advocating for gay rights, when we've essentially already won that battle. Just live your life.

In general I also dislike social justice warriors who have to make everything into a political issue.
Because the Republican Party is in control and a large number of Republicans believe gay people are abominations and should be forced back in the closet by an authoritarian state.

Old 07-02-2019, 09:44 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Because the Republican Party is in control and a large number of Republicans believe gay people are abominations and should be forced back in the closet by an authoritarian state.
The "closet" had nothing to do with the state, authoritarian or otherwise. It came to be simply as a voluntary response to the negative judgement of others.

The authoritarian state came in and prohibited personal judgement, as though it was Constitutional to do so and could ever succeed in the long run. And, by association, that (your) authoritarian state banned personal thought. Because you can't ban one without the other.

The attempted policing of thought by the state is the abomination here.

Old 07-02-2019, 09:47 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
The "closet" had nothing to do with the state, authoritarian or otherwise. It came to be simply as a voluntary response to the negative judgement of others.
Wrong. Homosexual sex was illegal in many states as recently as 2003 (see Lawrence v Texas). Police raids on gay bars were common as recently as the 1980s. In the 1950s there were gay witch hunts. Without evidence, if you were suspected of being gay you could be targeted.

That is the society Republicans want to return to. That's why gay pride and the gay rights movement are needed now more than ever.

And why policing of thought by the state? Nobody says you can't hate homosexuals with every bone in your body. You can't physically assault them but you can hate. Nobody is stopping you.

Old 07-02-2019, 10:00 AM

725 posts, read 804,916 times
Given how much public companies, academia, the media, and Hollywood have jumped on the LGBTQAPI bandwagon of worship and denounced any mention of straight praise or normal lifestyle I see why the public is confused.

Old 07-02-2019, 10:05 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john620 View Post
Given how much public companies, academia, the media, and Hollywood have jumped on the LGBTQAPI bandwagon of worship and denounced any mention of straight praise or normal lifestyle I see why the public is confused.
about a month ago there was a thread about the left going berserk about a 'straight pride' parade.
sure enough, the leftists on this forum also went berserk about it, and it was closed.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ght-pride.html

Old 07-02-2019, 10:22 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Wrong. Homosexual sex was illegal in many states as recently as 2003 (see Lawrence v Texas). Police raids on gay bars were common as recently as the 1980s. In the 1950s there were gay witch hunts. Without evidence, if you were suspected of being gay you could be targeted.

That is the society Republicans want to return to. That's why gay pride and the gay rights movement are needed now more than ever.

And why policing of thought by the state? Nobody says you can't hate homosexuals with every bone in your body. You can't physically assault them but you can hate. Nobody is stopping you.
Uh, no. Not even close. You are saying that the Republican party and the majority of Republicans fully endorse beating up people who are gay whenever and wherever they feel like it with no punishment whatsoever for the crime?

Maybe you better take a look at how the leftists feel. They just beat up a gay journalist and put him in the hospital.

delusion. get out of your SFL (social feedback loop). it's a biiiiiiiig world out there.

Old 07-02-2019, 11:16 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,296,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Right. You think a lot of people are gay because they sometimes hook up with someone of the opposite sex. While leading a heterosexual life.

So 1 same sex encounter a year makes a person gay? Is it 2? 4? What's your objective definition of number of sex encounters before you determine a person is gay?

If a 60 y old man had sex his entire life with women, and then has ONE ENCOUNTER with a man, do you automatically determine that he has been a closeted gay his entire lifetime?

If a 60 y old man had sex his entire life with men, and then has ONE ENCOUNTER with a woman, do you automatically determine that he has been a closeted heterosexual his entire lifetime?

If a white person has sex with 1 black person a year, does it make the person black?

F E T I S H

What I am saying is those that lead a hetero-sexual life style but on occasion have an encounter with a member of the same sex are in fact bi-sexual. Now if you want to call that a fetish so be it, but whether they admit to it or not they are part of the LGBT community and if closeted are not being counted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies