Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 10:47 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Free healthcare and decriminalizing illegal entry. What could possibly go wrong?
Sarcasm: Yeah, like nothing ever bad ever came about from implementing both of your points.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2019, 12:26 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,223,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Get a clue !!!

Democrats no longer believe in supporting citizens !!!

They are all in on supporting noncitizens !!! They are the party of hate for America !!!

I'm supposed to take advice from someone who only quotes FOX News. That's a laugh.

Old 06-28-2019, 12:29 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
I'm supposed to take advice from someone who only quotes FOX News. That's a laugh.
The fact is they seem to be jumping on both decriminalizing illegal entry and providing health care to illegals. Excuse me, undocumented aliens.

Old 06-28-2019, 01:10 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,223,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
REPUBLICANS hate Unions. This is a well-known fact. They long have because Unions normally vote Democratic. So republicans have spent YEARS trying to break unions and they have largely succeeded.

Any union member that votes Republican has to be crazy OR just hate their union.

When Janus v. AFSCME was argued a couple of years ago, our republican president sent an attorney to the Supreme Court to help the Koch Brothers overturn ABOOD. ABOOD was a decision reached decades ago to make sure that the public sector unions were fairly compensated when non union members benefited from collective bargaining.

Old 06-28-2019, 01:11 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Republicans ARE the party of union-busting and everyone knows that.
How long ago was that? Then Democrats are the party of Jim Crow and the KKK right?

Old 06-28-2019, 01:15 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,162,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Get a clue !!!

Democrats no longer believe in supporting citizens !!!

They are all in on supporting noncitizens !!! They are the party of hate for America !!!

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you!!!!!!!!! Placating to the fringe of America is a sure fire strategy on how to lose an election.

Old 06-28-2019, 01:27 PM

5,983 posts, read 2,236,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
When I was young the Democrats were the party of the average working person. Unions, Farmers and the little guy.

I have no idea what they are other than anarchists now.

When less that 10% are unionized your not going to get a ton of looks. Unions will stay low for a while but I do believe this will change some. I think we are in a new gilded age where money is concentrated to the top and little left for the rest.

As that unsustainable economic imbalance becomes increasing harder to maintain you will see "sweat shop" policies start to surface again. This will prompt some push back and increased union membership. But its all for not because automation is coming and will wipe a 1/5 of all jobs overnight (a little hyperbolic but its coming).

Just think about all the changes a century brings, compare 1911 to 2019, we are at the beginning of huge changes.

Old 06-28-2019, 01:33 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,162,800 times
Quote:
Republicans ARE the party of union-busting and everyone knows that.

Sure Ringo! Just open up the boarders and have all the Mexican workforce undermining and underbidding the few union members that still do exist and then ask, "hey y'all, how's that working for you??"

Old 06-28-2019, 02:13 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
I watched the Democratic debate on Wednesday and Thursday nights. I don't recall any of the NBC moderators asking about candidate union support or any of the candidates volunteering support for the union movement.
No one gives a damn about MAFIA-controlled unions. Unions are antiquated and far outlived their usefulness decades ago.

The only thing unions did was to allow MAFIA families to launder $Billions through union pension plans, and then later launder even more money through union healthcare plans.

Why do you think most union pension plans are bust or unstable? Because they're all Ponzi-schemes and their primary purpose was never to provide benefits, it was to launder money. Providing retirement benefits was merely incidental to the primary goal of laundering money.

Old 06-28-2019, 06:46 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,566,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
When I was young the Democrats were the party of the average working person. Unions, Farmers and the little guy.

I have no idea what they are other than anarchists now.
Too busy playing identity politics and playing super social justice warrior to care about the average working person. Have to pander to buy votes by promising freebies for everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies