Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 07:25 PM

274 posts, read 852,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Voluntary euthanasia for those who are ill and have had enough.
Voluntary program giving money to drug addicts and welfare recipients to get sterilized.
For states giving driver's licenses to illegals, driving without a license or insurance should be a deportable offense.
Only tax payers should be able to vote
For this and the other comments talking about employment and paying taxes as a prerequisite to vote, should stay at home parents not vote? What about people on disability or who are full time caregivers for elderly parents? What about retired people who are on Social Security? I'm a bit confused on how this would play out in your ideal world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2019, 07:41 PM

8 posts, read 5,168 times
I'm conservative on most, if not all, fiscal AND social issues and I like Trump. (it is true) This is probably as unpopular to the left as one can get.

Old 06-29-2019, 07:50 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,473,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Whelan View Post
I'm conservative on most, if not all, fiscal AND social issues and I like Trump. (it is true) This is probably as unpopular to the left as one can get.
Half of the country supports Trump.

For something to be unpopular, it needs to **** off everybody.

Old 06-30-2019, 01:25 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,509,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I have several unpopular views.

Homeless people are not victims of capitalism. they are drug addicts, mentally ill people who refuse to take meds, and/or criminals who choose to be homeless.

American women are the most pampered and privileged citizens.

a good marriage and being a good parent are the most emotionally fulfilling roles in life.

physical beauty isn't very important. character is very important.

cats are more affectionate than dogs.
Well, true how physical beauty is everything to most people. At any rate, it's by far the best way to make a great first impression.

Old 06-30-2019, 01:28 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,509,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattering Heights View Post
Doctors may be unavailable or unaffordable. Abortion after birth could become a common practice.
There's is no such thing as abortion after birth. After birth it's called infanticide.

Old 06-30-2019, 03:28 AM

37,055 posts, read 42,006,001 times
I think people trying to erase our history and remove all indications of it from the public space because it offends them are idiots. It doesn't offend them either, they are lying.

Old 12-06-2019, 09:02 AM

20,733 posts, read 9,348,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
There was a nearly identical thread on this topic last year so I'll just repeat what I wrote there ...

I have a whole bunch of things I think should be banned that would be really unpopular. I have no illusions these would ever realistically happen, but in my ideal world I think they should. Not going to bother explaining why I think these should be banned, that would be too lengthy an explanation in many cases. If the reason isn't obvious, too bad. Here we go ...

1. All tobacco products, and vaping or any other kind of smoking substitute.
2. All drugs, and anywhere that legalized marijuana should make it illegal again.
3. Tattoos and tattoo parlors. Good lord, I would just love to ban tattoos!
4. Hair dye. You read that correct, I would just love to ban all kinds of hair dye. Bleaching one's hair would be illegal as well.
5. Any surgery done for aesthetic reasons only. There would be lots of debatable ones, but stuff like breast implants, except after a mastectomy, would be banned in my ideal world.
6. The death penalty.
7. Loud mufflers, including on motorcycles. This might be the first thing I ban. I consider it one of the biggest public nuisances anywhere.
I want to bump up this old post of mine because I just read some news that illustrates exactly what I was talking about. Note the item I put in red.

The news out today is:

Study links hair dyes and chemical straighteners to higher breast cancer risk, particularly among black women
Quote:
Permanent hair dye and chemical hair straightener use was linked to a higher risk of breast cancer in a new study from researchers at the National Institutes of Health. The risk is more than six times higher for black women.

The study, published Wednesday in the International Journal of Cancer, followed 46,709 women, all part of the Sister Study, a National Institute of Environmental Health cohort of women whose sisters had been diagnosed with breast cancer. (Family history of breast cancer is considered a risk for developing breast cancer.)

It found that, overall, women who said they used permanent hair dye in the year before enrolling in the study were 9% more likely to develop breast cancer when compared with women who did not.
The risk was substantially higher among black women.
People think I'm crazy for wanting to ban such a trivial thing, but as it turns out, my suspicion about it is correct. Anytime you start messing with your body - even your hair - for pure vanity's sake, you're starting to mess with things you didn't intend to mess with.

Old 12-09-2019, 07:48 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,794,289 times
What counts as political? I have many but I'm not sure what is political aside from the actual politicians and their policies so the only thing I can think of is that I had little to no problem with any of the previous candidates/presidents. All the Democrats seemed to hate Bush Jr. on a personal level before Trump

Old 12-09-2019, 09:26 PM

36,858 posts, read 17,240,304 times
I'm apolitical. I have no "political" views because I don't believe in the moral & logical legitimacy of politics.

That in itself is the most unpopular thing anyone can believe in. Trust me.

Old 12-09-2019, 09:31 PM

1,097 posts, read 732,452 times
Completely gut social welfare programs for anyone who can physically work. For those with minor disabilities, create specific accessible jobs for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies