Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 10:19 PM

8,503 posts, read 10,916,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
Almost ashamed to say this but I'm really looking forward to seeing the look on Maddow's face when it happens.. And it will happen. The Democratic platform is an absolute train wreck. They've simply lost track of what's important to your average American.
The Dem platform is not about the average American, it is aimed at one class of people, those being in their mid twenties to mid thirties.
These college dropouts, that probably don't work, are still living with mom and dad, and want everything for free.
That is the base of the democratic party, plain and simple.
Promise them the moon, and they will buy into it.
Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2019, 10:32 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,780,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Slavery preparation, open border, free healthcare for illegals will definitely not get you any votes from the moderates.
Are moderates satisfied with Trump though? Is right-wing Christofascist authoritarianism more appealing than the left to them?

I live in an extremely Trump-supporting area and what you say is true here, but the culture in other parts of the country is different. Trump will certainly win Oklahoma at like 66%/30%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
The Dem platform is not about the average American, it is aimed at one class of people, those being in their mid twenties to mid thirties.
These college dropouts, that probably don't work, are still living with mom and dad, and want everything for free.
That is the base of the democratic party, plain and simple.
Promise them the moon, and they will buy into it.
Bob.
You know we aren't going to be a baby boomer focused society forever. In fact, 2020 will probably be the last election that is decided by baby boomers.

Old 07-03-2019, 10:36 PM

14,181 posts, read 4,543,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Are moderates satisfied with Trump though? Is right-wing Christofascist authoritarianism more appealing than the left to them?

I live in an extremely Trump-supporting area and what you say is true here, but the culture in other parts of the country is different. Trump will certainly win Oklahoma at like 66%/30%.

You know we aren't going to be a baby boomer focused society forever. In fact, 2020 will probably be the last election that is decided by baby boomers.
Bonus points for Trump:
The economy is doing well under Trump.
Trump hasn’t start a war or drone strike any brown people yet like his last 2 predecessors .

At this point the moderates are going to vote for someone who is not all out there to the left or right field.

Old 07-03-2019, 11:05 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,657,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InchingWest View Post
Nah, by the time you count ballot stuffing in California, Illinois and the crap they tried in Broward County Florida you can easily account for 3 million "votes".

In California anyone who's a "resident" can vote, and no one bothers with ID's. Citizen? If you or I tried to go vote in any other country from Paraguay to Macedonia they'd laugh us out of their with a kick in the rear at a minimum or we'd be thrown in prison with a hefty fine. But in the USA it's alright to just show up, fill out some bubbles and shove it into a machine and no one bothers to check.

There are places in urban areas, New York, Philadelphia, Detroit, etc. where precincts vote 100% or nearly 100% for the left, so there's no disincentive for the people running the polling stations to stuff a few hundred extra ballots into machines, no one's watching, there are no cameras, and they have no moral qualms about doing it as it's a means to their ends.

And how hard is it to fill out multiple fake names with multiple addresses and cast several ballots? There is no one checking. Did anyone check you or I when we registered to vote? If you change addresses does anyone truly check?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginge McFantaPants View Post
I can only speak for my experience, voting in NY for over 20 years: I show up at my assigned polling location (the only place I am allowed to vote), present my ID which is checked against the log of all registered voters for that polling location, and am again directed to the table assigned for my neighborhood. I get handed one paper ballot, complete it, and then hand it back to a representative from my table, who feeds the ballot into the scanner, and then deposits my ballot into a shred bin. My husband once neglected to update his address with the DMV, and was unceremoniously turned away from the polling station designated for our neighborhood, and had to travel back to our old polling location in order to vote. He didn’t make it there before the polls closed, so he was unable to vote that year.
I agree with Ginge, that it is very organized and controlled. One would not HAVE access to more ballots or be able to vote several times. I vote by absentee ballot nowadays and surely, even if possible, a duplicate ballot would not be accepted for the same voter / address, even if by mail. Then the idea that several ballots are just inserted Willy-nilly is absurd. Fake names or addresses? Ballot stuffing in CA??

I don't know what some people are thinking, only having heard something about machines somewhere being tampered with. And we have all heard about what occurred this last time, having had outside interference.

The bottom line is, Drumpf is not going to get anywhere in the next election.

Last edited by In2itive_1; 07-03-2019 at 11:24 PM.. Reason: Addition

Old 07-04-2019, 02:32 AM

34,755 posts, read 16,775,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Even my liberal neighbors are agreeing that Trump is almost guaranteed a win in 2020, after they watched the disastrous debates last week!
As a 15 year old I was in Students for McGovern in March-May 1972. This election has that same sickening feeling. I am a progressive extremist and see us heading for the cliff.

Old 07-04-2019, 04:50 AM

11,932 posts, read 6,522,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post

Good grief...you are exemplifying why the left has become so embarrassing....
Show us even one example of Christian Fascism happening since Trump became president?
Show us one example of authoritarianism happening now in your life under Trump —one freedom taken away from you.
Actually it’s the left that is working hard to limit our political freedoms......

Definition:
Authoritarianism is a form of government characterized by strong central power and limited political freedoms. Under an authoritarian regime, individual freedoms are subordinate to the state, and there is no constitutional accountability and no rule of law. Authoritarian regimes can be autocratic, with power concentrated in one person, or can be a committee, with power shared among officials and government institutions.[1]

Old 07-04-2019, 05:51 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,484,702 times
If Trump wins again it’s eight more years of being the embarrassment of the world.

Old 07-04-2019, 06:16 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,614,475 times
I don't think all Democrats want free healthcare for illegal immigrants. And, I don't think free education will happen anytime soon...

Old 07-04-2019, 06:33 AM

5,526 posts, read 7,083,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
......liberals cry and scream at the sky

I'll be investing in Kimberly Clark.

Old 07-04-2019, 06:41 AM

15,596 posts, read 10,340,827 times
I think the democrats will do what they did in 2016 if trump wins again in 2020. the day after trump won in 2016, before he was even inaugurated, there were protests and near riots which have continued to this day.

If trump loses in 2020, I think the Leftists' behavior will become even worse than it has been for the last three years. they will double down on protesting, intimidation, and violence towards anyone they disagree with. as we've seen recently, these radicals become even more violent and agitated when they get their way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies