Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 07:01 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
But why are you talking as if there aren’t any black immigrants? There are a number of black immigrants, especially up North in places like where this occurred. We have no idea what the entire circumstances were here. Up north it can be ethnicity vs. ethnicity
It could be a black immigrant, but I think odds are probably against that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2019, 07:02 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,622,948 times
Why is anybody surprised at these type of attacks? They are happening in the era of Trump's racial hostility towards Mexicans.
It was only a matter of time especially when you have a President that demonizes a whole segment of society.

Old 06-28-2019, 07:04 PM

1,660 posts, read 1,209,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
odds are you are right, as well all know immigrants commit very little crimes compared to citizens

Old 06-28-2019, 07:06 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
Can't we all just get along...................obviously not.

That poor Lady looks like she got beaten quite badly.

Old 06-28-2019, 07:06 PM

662 posts, read 313,250 times
Quote:
The 13-year-old suspect is African American, Santiago said.
About 2/3 of the way through the article.

Old 06-28-2019, 07:10 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
Quote:
Yeah, I found it interesting that two black posters referred to the attacker as AA. I don't think reporters dig that deep when reporting a story.
It’s Jersey so you ever know. Too much of everyone to assume. I’ve seen where a Puerto Rican was labeled as an African-American up north in a police report because he was obviously of African descent. So we really don’t know the ethnicity other than the child was of African descent. That county has a lot of Dominicans as well so...

Old 06-28-2019, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFit View Post
That means nothing. People label black people of other ethnicities as African-American all the time. They think it is interchangeable with black and that doesn’t mean they are African-American at all.

Old 06-28-2019, 07:12 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFit View Post
Thanks, I missed that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldJTrump View Post
odds are you are right, as well all know immigrants commit very little crimes compared to citizens
My thoughts exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Why is anybody surprised at these type of attacks? They are happening in the era of Trump's racial hostility towards Mexicans.
It was only a matter of time especially when you have a President that demonizes a whole segment of society.
Yeah, these attacks never happened while Obama was President.

Trump sure has a lot of power. He can make a person who is likely a Democrat attack another person. No wonder Russia wanted him in the White House.

Old 06-28-2019, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Could be a child whose parents are from somewhere else. They aren’t an immigrant but they aren’t African-American either. Up north sometimes the new ethnic groups are rough with each other. It’s a different dynamic.

If you think that other recent groups wouldn’t bully a Mexican kid about their people coming over a wall, I don’t know what to say. You know how many Haitians got teased about coming over in rafts? That was from other Caribbean groups too.

Old 06-28-2019, 07:16 PM

662 posts, read 313,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
That means nothing. People label black people of other ethnicities as African-American all the time. They think it is interchangeable with black and that doesn’t mean they are African-American at all.
It came from the victim's lawyer. You can assume whatever you like about the ethnicity, I'm just providing the information from the article.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies