Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 09:09 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
First time this happened to me was today, but is this a nationwide precaution or just something instituted state to state?

All i wanted was some Claritin-D. Walmart not only had it behind the pharmacy kiosk, but I had to show my license and then they actually ran my license through a database!

I told my wife about it, and she was saying that in some states, they’re doing the same thing with DRAINO!! WTH?? DRAINO?

I’m starting to realize that I’m living in a bubble...I’m seriously disconnected from what’s going on. The Walmart employee was surprised that I was shocked at having to have my ID run for allergy meds. She was looking at me like I had two heads! Lol
Years ago I had to show my license (Georgia) to buy some cough medicine but hasn't happened since.

Old 06-29-2019, 09:11 PM

14,773 posts, read 8,103,690 times
You can thank all the freaks out there making meth at home for it.

Old 06-29-2019, 09:14 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,140,268 times
Quote:
First time this happened to me was today, but is this a nationwide precaution or just something instituted state to state?

All i wanted was some Claritin-D. Walmart not only had it behind the pharmacy kiosk, but I had to show my license and then they actually ran my license through a database! I told my wife about it, and she was saying that in some states, they’re doing the same thing with DRAINO!! WTH?? DRAINO?

I’m starting to realize that I’m living in a bubble...I’m seriously disconnected from what’s going on. The Walmart employee was surprised that I was shocked at having to have my ID run for allergy meds. She was looking at me like I had two heads! Lol
Personally, I avoid Walmart. I haven't bought anything there in maybe a decade. So maybe you should switch to another source. I've never been asked for that. Why didn't you ask, Why do you want my license? I've certainly refused mine. And what would they have done if you didn't have a drivers' license?

However, that said, I know there are some medications that are experiencing a crack-down because they'd been co-opted for illegalities.

Old 06-29-2019, 09:44 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
You can thank all the freaks out there making meth at home for it.
I prefer to hang it all on the politicians and their idiotic war on drugs. If someone wants to make meth out of whatever, its no one elses business.

Old 06-29-2019, 09:57 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I prefer to hang it all on the politicians and their idiotic war on drugs. If someone wants to make meth out of whatever, its no one elses business.
I agree. It definitely seems to be pretty lame to me.

Old 06-29-2019, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I don't know what it's like where you live, but where I live, meth labs have been impacted to the point they are no longer in business, and their proprietors are sitting in prison or have been paroled. There were some biker gangs who ran a few operations and those dudes got hard time, a couple of them got life.
Where there’s a will, there’s a way. Meth production will continue unabated as long as the demand remains strong.

Old 06-29-2019, 10:27 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,765,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
lol - Yep, I touched a nerve, and I think you like it. So now are you saying Detroit is better than Arizona? What evils? If so, why do you claim to live in AZ? And def get out more. (insert rolls eyes here)
The OP does live in Arizona. He hasn’t stated that Detroit is better than Arizona.

It appears the OP hit one of your nerves.

Old 06-29-2019, 10:51 PM

15,528 posts, read 10,496,731 times
I get a couple of sinus infections every year and Actifed was the only thing that really worked. It's been gone for probably ten years. Sudafed doesn't quite cut it, neither does Claritin. I dread cold and flu season now. Thanks stupid druggies and politicians.

Old 06-29-2019, 10:52 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:

All i wanted was some Claritin-D. Walmart not only had it behind the pharmacy kiosk, but I had to show my license and then they actually ran my license through a database!

I told my wife about it, and she was saying that in some states, they’re doing the same thing with DRAINO!! WTH?? DRAINO?

It's almost as bad just to buy a can of spray paint.

Old 06-30-2019, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
The OP does live in Arizona. He hasn’t stated that Detroit is better than Arizona.

It appears the OP hit one of your nerves.
The guy sees me post anything, he immediately starts up with the bullhockey. Don’t know who pyssed in his Wheaties.

He’s only been in Arizona for 2 hours, and acts as if he’s some expert on the state just because he slipped and fell down with his ass landing on a prickly pear cactus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It's almost as bad just to buy a can of spray paint.
I bought some spray paint at Ace about a year ago. They didn’t say anything, but it could be because I’m in there at least once every two weeks to either buy some miscellaneous household item or to exchange my 5 gallon water bottles. Pretty much the same people have worked there for the last 15 years so there’s a familiarity.

Supposedly, stores are cracking down on glue sales too. Lotta rigmarole going down these days just to keep folks from getting high. The United States has gotta get off of this obsession to stop folks from getting stoned. It’s ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies