Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2019, 06:26 AM

12,956 posts, read 13,671,429 times

Advertisements

Only time will tell if he will be known as the first or the only President to do this. Trump has a way of giving despots what they want from America with out them first gaining our respect or trust.

But who knows, he probably couldn't resist meeting the son of a man who made 11 holes in one on his first golf outing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2019, 06:34 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
A photo op. Nothing more.
That is really the crux of the matter. Just like what has happened in every other encounter between Trump and kim, they will go home and each will say something 180 degrees different from what the other says. This won't even amount to any "first steps" in negotiations, both men have their own agendas and they are totally different.

But, even if we give Trump the benefit of the doubt, and try to believe he is doing this with his heart in the right place, he is in way over his head here. Kim is never going to be honest and trustworthy, and he is going to play Trump like a fiddle.

Old 06-30-2019, 06:35 AM

4,901 posts, read 2,055,276 times
Funny, I didn't see Trump handing over billions of dollars before, during or after this meeting.

I know it's killing the Far-Left to see Trump win a small, but important, victory... The Far-Left would rather see America fail than seeing something positive from Trump, which in turn, for the American people.

This is way the country is now divided basically into two camps... For Trump or Against Trump.

Sad!!

Old 06-30-2019, 06:36 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
You are just being negative about Trump. Not surprised. Trump went from a Tweet to Kim to a SUMMIT with him in ONE DAY. To me that shows guts, and determination. Trump set himself up for the Media to KILL him if Kim refused, but the gamble paid off.

Maybe Kim will return to doing what he's done in the past, especially what he's done to past Presidents, but at least for most of the Trump Administration he hasn't been threatening nuclear war, and is talking positives.
He showed determination (for a photo op), yes. I mean, Trump is usually determined about ways to get more publicity. I guess that’s something.

Regarding the media: Trump has no interest in anyone but his base (and only because you guys worship him), and he has you all conditioned to not believe any negative reports about him. If he got stood up by Kim, he’d scream, ”Fake news,” and you guys would immediately parrot it—with several of you claiming Trump was trolling libruls. My point is, in regards to Trump fans, there was absolutely no risk of Trump being exposed as the buffoon he is.

Old 06-30-2019, 06:39 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Sour grapes Lefties. Just sour grapes. Sad.

Old 06-30-2019, 06:39 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Diplomacy. Better than bombs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
There was never going to be a war except in your head.
Lol, go back and read the news from a few years ago. All your pundits, comrades and leaders would disagree

Old 06-30-2019, 06:40 AM

9,980 posts, read 5,677,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Whether you support him or hate him you have to acknowledge Trump has made a presidential historical first today. Over 60 years since a US President entered this country.
There's a reason for that.

I get that it's a standard Trump negotiating tactic but it's still really gross to watch him praise and glad-hand with despicable authoritarians so breezily.

Old 06-30-2019, 06:48 AM

46,276 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yeah because what we want is for eratic, deadly, dictators like Putin & Kim Jung Un to be operating in a state of confusion.

Yeah that's a brilliant strategy from a chaotic man.

In Trump's own words -- that meeting with Kim Jung Un was in the planning for a very long time...but Trump just got the idea the day before.

With that kind of strategy and logic....Trump guarantees to keep us all confused.

Yes, yes, yes....lets keep doing what we were doing prior to trump....because your boy obama....hell he fixed eve.....crap...he did nothing...

Ohhhhhhhhhh, and look at everything that bush did....crap...he did not do anything either..

Have you ever been setting something up for months and then on a whim, say today is the day....

MY GOD where has common sense gone....

Old 06-30-2019, 06:55 AM

733 posts, read 351,383 times
If it turns out Trump accomplished something positive over there, then he deserves credit. Right now it just looks like a photo-op for both of them.

Old 06-30-2019, 07:04 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,890 times
What is next? if Trump goes to Iran and talks to the mullahs does that mean they have him in their pocket. Would he be accused of groveling at their feet? would he be showing weakness to Iran?

I have stayed consistent that no matter who the POTUS is or which party they come from I want them to talk to everybody. It sure beats all the war mongering and dividing the world up with sanctions and pushing those countries against the wall.

I want Trump to talk to Kim, the mullahs,Maduro, and even Assad and Putin. Our foreign policy kills people if not bombs the sanctions spread death through hunger and people not getting medicines and civil unrest. So far I am against Trumps hard core stance against Iran but who knows if he talks to Kim maybe he will meet with the Iranians and I will be all for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies