Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 11:44 AM

19,839 posts, read 12,099,283 times

Advertisements

One would have to be nuts to eat in that woman’s restaurant.

Old 07-01-2019, 11:54 AM

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times
I read that trump is using stock photos to represent his supporters in his campaign ads. it doesn't surprise me. what normal person would want to be identified as a trump supporter and subject to being spit on, having their family run out of restaurant, doxxing for wearing a hat (even young teenagers), being beaten up by hooded thugs, or being screamed at while having a cup of coffee at a coffee shop.

the people who support or participate in intimidation and violence of American voters are scary. they are so proud of their incivility and intolerance that they give interviews to journalists and admit it.

whether people like trump or not, I don't understand how some americans can approve of these tactics and not realize the damage they are doing to themselves and the country.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 07-01-2019 at 12:08 PM..

Old 07-01-2019, 12:21 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Someone should spit in her face, not on her food.
In whose face?

Old 07-01-2019, 12:51 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,995 times
The following situation, though very uncommon, when I see it being justified for an employee to "assault" a customer. That is, company policies/rules might label that employee's behavior as "assault": Say a customer tries to physically harm (rape, stab, shooting, beating, etc.) another customer or employee. In this same situation, say an employee told that customer something like "Stop doing that! You are hurting that person!". However, but the customer doesn't. The employee fighting back might be necessary.

For clarification, it wasn't another person in that building that got that customer riled up. It was the customer who came looking to start trouble. In the case of someone else there getting that customer riled up, that arguably is where the self-defense claim could be thrown out the figurative window, depending on the circumstances. Also, we have to clearly prove the employee had to step and not the employee using that as an excuse to hit the customer.

This arguably raises the following point: O.K., for this particular situation, the employee may have been legally and morally justified in hitting the customer. Now whether or not company policy will make an exception for this and let the employee continue working there is debatable.

Old 07-02-2019, 08:56 AM

35,064 posts, read 17,006,525 times
My mother taught me, back in 1960 or 1961, that spitting was bad manners.

Old 07-02-2019, 09:13 AM

3,840 posts, read 3,066,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
My mother taught me, back in 1960 or 1961, that spitting was bad manners.

For 99% of people, spitting is bad manners. For those afflicted with stage 3 or 4 TDS, is it not bad manners.

Old 07-02-2019, 09:19 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
But just customers that you hate. Why would anyone eat at a restaurant that condones spitting on customers? Wouldn't it be reasonable to expect the Red Hen owner to spit in your food if she doesn't like your politics?

----------------

Remember that lady from the Red Hen who kicked Sarah Sanders out of her restaurant? Well, she's back and she wrote a nasty op-ed in the Washington Times that defends the behavior Eric Trump recently witnessed when he was spit on.

Her name is Stephanie Wilkinson and she kicked Sanders out of the Red Hen last summer. Now she's still running her mouth and talking bad about Trump's administration because of what happened with Eric Trump and the spitting fiasco.

https://trendingviews.co/red-hen-own...-dine-at-home/

Your boy Trump has created such a hostile environment that people are simply reacting. If he were a decent, sensible, controlled human being, a lot of this would not exist. But his nasty, ugly demeanor , always attacking others, has fed similar actions from others.

Put the blame where it belongs.

Old 07-02-2019, 09:49 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
For anyone who actually bothered to read what she wrote, there are no lines connecting the dots to spitting on customers!

Quote:
The high-profile clashes rarely involve one citizen fussing at another over the entrees. It’s more often a frustrated person (some of whom are restaurant employees) lashing out at the representatives of an administration that has made its name trashing norms and breaking backs. Not surprising, if you think about it: You can’t call people your enemies by day and expect hospitality from them in the evening.

So when the day comes that the world feels returned to its normal axis, I expect we’ll see fewer highly charged encounters making headlines. In the meantime, the new rules apply. If you’re directly complicit in spreading hate or perpetuating suffering, maybe you should consider dining at home.

Old 07-02-2019, 06:07 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Your boy Trump has created such a hostile environment that people are simply reacting. If he were a decent, sensible, controlled human being, a lot of this would not exist. But his nasty, ugly demeanor , always attacking others, has fed similar actions from others.

Put the blame where it belongs.
do you blame the woman who is raped for enticing her rapist by wearing a short skirt?

do you usually blame the victim of violence....not the perpetrator?

shame on you, wmak.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 07-02-2019 at 06:15 PM..

Old 07-02-2019, 10:07 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,141,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
But just customers that you hate. Why would anyone eat at a restaurant that condones spitting on customers? Wouldn't it be reasonable to expect the Red Hen owner to spit in your food if she doesn't like your politics?

----------------
It's certainly not "okay" to spit - on your customer, or your boss, or your neighbor, or anyone else.

On the other hand, for all the people who despise Trump and his family, there really aren't many avenues for making yourself known. Unlike Obama, who read citizen letters complaining, I'm sure Trump never does. He only lets supporters into rallies and he takes routes to avoid protesters. I suspect that's one reason he's in NYC so little these days. If Trump survives the presidency, I can see where there may be many who would dream of having the chance to express themselves in that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies