Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2019, 08:27 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times

Advertisements

Nike does NOT set public policy. This flag is NOT Racist. Stop drinking their sick and twisted Koolaid Libs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2019, 08:34 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
So Betsy Ross was a racist monster and slave-driver herself. Thus her flag must be dropped by Nike and erased from history.

Let's see, the flag of a nation that practiced slavery in an era where it was fairly common must be torn from every corporate playbook. Which countries practiced slavery at the time? Was it JUST the good ol' U S of A? Or was it a bunch of nations in Europe, South America, the Mid East, and even Africa? How about in Asia? So which of the flags of those many nations should be considered taboo at this point? Guess we should expect to see a whole lot of national flags changed soon.
I saw a black man, a historian, this morning saying the Betsy Ross flag WAS our national flag at the time.

The famous painting ofGeneral Washington crossing the Delaware had the flag in it's bow WITH many black soldiers with him.

We went to WAR with England to get our freedom from them, so the flag IS a symbol of our FIGHTING for our freedom.

Also, I just saw a picture of BOTH obama inaugurations and on both sides of the stage were HUGE Betsy Ross flags.

Why didn't blacks and other dems PROTEST then about the flag?

Hypocrites, to the core!

Old 07-04-2019, 08:42 AM

25,731 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I saw a black man, a historian, this morning saying the Betsy Ross flag WAS our national flag at the time.

The famous painting ofGeneral Washington crossing the Delaware had the flag in it's bow WITH many black soldiers with him.

We went to WAR with England to get our freedom from them, so the flag IS a symbol of our FIGHTING for our freedom.

Also, I just saw a picture of BOTH obama inaugurations and on both sides of the stage were HUGE Betsy Ross flags.

Why didn't blacks and other dems PROTEST then about the flag?

Hypocrites, to the core!
Yep. It's interesting the way certain things can be suddenly demonized when a few months or years ago, everything was cool. It almost seems like the left is grasping at straws for a way to give everyone else the finger. Almost. It almost seems that they are being snotty little vindictive brats. Almost. It almost seems they are acting like two-year-olds who can't play nice in the sandbox and who throw sand in everyone's face. Almost.

Old 07-04-2019, 08:48 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,255,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
...you have the audacity to bash others who are actually not doing anything shameful, illegal or unpatriotic to fellow Americans. Unbelievable!
I used to admire Kapernick, especially when he played at UNR. I think what he is doing now is shameful and unpatriotic. It's unbelievable how much he has changed.

I don't admire him anymore.

Old 07-04-2019, 08:55 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Yep. It's interesting the way certain things can be suddenly demonized when a few months or years ago, everything was cool. It almost seems like the left is grasping at straws for a way to give everyone else the finger. Almost. It almost seems that they are being snotty little vindictive brats. Almost. It almost seems they are acting like two-year-olds who can't play nice in the sandbox and who throw sand in everyone's face. Almost.
They are desperate. Trump sent them over the edge. They realize that people are onto their Anti Americanism, and even the MEDIA can't cover for them anymore. This what happens when a movement called "Progressive" is exposed for what it is. Totalitarian OPPRESSION.

Part of the scheme of any totalitarian regime is to erase the history before the overthrow. The progressive leftist want all history erased and wiped out so no one questions them and their motives.

Old 07-04-2019, 01:23 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,052,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
I used to admire Kapernick, especially when he played at UNR. I think what he is doing now is shameful and unpatriotic. It's unbelievable how much he has changed.

I don't admire him anymore.
Since Colin Kaepernick claims to hate the USA so much, Why is he still here?

Old 07-04-2019, 04:09 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/s...18180123963392

Old 07-04-2019, 06:17 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
They would have been a terrible employer in AZ and probably just wanted to hire illegals. Thankfully of AZ the Gov stopped it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
The "emotional reaction to ugly shoes" was on the part of Colin K, and the Guv of AZ did exactly the right thing. FABO Nike
And Arizona's loss would be California and New Mexico's gain. I hope it happens and Ducey has to explain why he is defending white nationalists more so than their state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I can careless about Nike and its sneakers. But I find it amusing how the moral busy body right are outraged. You cant make this stuff up.
Yep, some people just gotta complain to make themselves feel better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
But AOC is a hero for driving away Amazon.

Got it.
I disagreed with her on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Can we just ship off people like Kaepernick and AOC to an overseas Nike factor or a garbage barge in the middle of the ocean without cell service and social media to feed their narcissistic personalities, and then let them figure out what it's like to be truly offended and outraged?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Many Democrats disagreed with her opinions on that matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Put it to you this way, if we could track where the money the consumers of Nike merchandise came from, I'm betting at least 90% of all sales came from illegal activities (drug dealing, prostitution, phone/internet scams) and government assistance.

Seriously, who do you usually see wearing Nike crap? I'm from the San Francisco Bay Area and the majority of those I see wearing this bright colored Nike crap are government assistance recipients and thug life. How many times have we read in the news kids falling victim to someone stealing their Nike shoes? I've read it a number of times over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinsey86 View Post
OMG. LMAO. This middle aged white Liberal Redneck and wife of Retired military man has more pairs of Nike shoes and clothes than I could begin to count. I did hear the Right side were going to boycott and send their dollars to Converse. LOL
Yeah, not every Nike wearer is a woke person. My brother is right leaning person, he was the first to put forth the idea of the Fair Tax which I disagreed with about ten years ago when I first heard of it. Guess what he didn't stop wearing Nikes during any of the kneeling controversy and still wears them.

As for going to Converse, don't they know All Stars and Chuck Taylor are owned by Nike, just not under the Nike branding. These people are idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
My two flags are Made in the USA!

Mine is going up first thing in the morning and won't be coming down until Sunday night.

This makes me want to buy a Betsy Ross flag!!! MitUSA of course.

Agreed! I think most of us are tired of these faux historians, who have no clue about our history, passing judgment on what is and what is not acceptable. FOOLS!

Here's a mind bend. They say the slaves built this country. Well, no, they helped keep the southern economy humming, made a lot of white and black masters wealthy. What about the Chinese, Irish, Slavs, Polish, Italians who built the railroads, mined coal and basically busted their asses for slave wages?

I think every poor ethnicity (that came here as LEGAL citizens BTW) were mistreated every bit as bad as the rest. The people to blame were the wealthiest of the wealthy, the robber barons and those pukes are long dead.

This white racist crap has to stop. There aren't many of them left, so blaming millions of whites (who do not have a racist bone in their bodies) and rubbing their noses in the long ago dark ages of this country is going full on the other way.

In 100 years, I think Americans will look back on this post-civil rights era as something shameful as well. Since when is it right to shame anyone for the color of their meat suit? If blacks hate whitey for the color of their skin, then they are every bit as racist as the few thousand white nationalist morons who are left to live their miserable lives behind a bush.
I think that last part is true. I know Andrew Jackson wouldn't be president in 60/70 years and Theodore Roosevelt wouldn't be Republican nominee after about 1960.

I also know it is true that the Irish and Chinese were sometimes treated like Blacks were if not worst, just look at the Chinese brought in to work on the rail roads.

The problem with "whitey is racist" is well we continue to see "whitey" be racist. It isn't even about blacks but with Hispanics. Many people think anyone who looks Hispanic is an illegal immigrant. An America's Got Talent American-born Mexican started a tweet storm by merely singing the national anthem at an NBA final. Sheriff Joe thought a Native American woman was Mexican and asked her for her papers when he patroned her restaurant.

Quote:
I didn't even realize what the gang's problem was and then I saw it and it is just like the Tea Party Movement adopting the Join or Die/Don't Thread on Me flag for themselves. I won't say it isn't overblown, but it is known about. Kaepernick wasn't even the first to address his concerns with that flag. He was just the most important person to do so and thus, the most impactful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
What a stupid post by an equally stupid person. If it wasn't for Daddy, nobody would care about Donnie Jr. and he would likely be in jail for in the Trump tower meeting.

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-04-2019 at 08:29 PM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 07-05-2019, 11:27 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,815,515 times
Did not know Obama was such a racist, given he had the flag at his inauguration.

Old 07-05-2019, 12:16 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Why doesn’t Nike build a plant in Chicago or New York and hire their moronic customer base to make these shoes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies