Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 03:15 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,765,878 times

Advertisements

This lying low life is an incredible embarrassment to NY. Her representation does not reflect well on the intelligence of NY voters.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/01/aoc-sa...-border-visit/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2019, 03:21 AM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times
Antisemites AOC, Ilhan Omar, and Rashida Talib need to be expelled from Congress. I direct my disgust particularly at AOC, however, as she is from my "home state." What a disgrace and embarrassment she is.

Old 07-02-2019, 03:22 AM

709 posts, read 656,561 times
https://youtu.be/-YZnORoAWkA?t=16

Old 07-02-2019, 03:55 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,409,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
This lying low life is an incredible embarrassment to NY. Her representation does not reflect well on the intelligence of NY voters.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/01/aoc-sa...-border-visit/
So let's see. A Representative from New York is, as a member of the House of Representatives, investigating a matter that should matter to all Americans; and finds a problem, and reports it to all Americans.

I'm not seeing a problem here. What should she have done? Stay silent and ignore the problem, be outspoken about the problem, be barefoot and pregnant in her own home, or what? Oh, that's right; she was a bartender, so her word carries no weight in politics.

Kind of like a real estate developer's word; you know, a real estate developer who has no political experience and who has repeatedly stiffed his contractors. Like his word carries any weight. He will reverse today's remarks tomorrow anyway, while sitting on the can and tweeting. And change them again in a week. Yeah, there's a role model for Americans to follow.

AOC, as a representative of her constituents, is representing those constituents. Rightly or wrongly, she is representing those constituents as best as she can. You may not like what she has to say, but dammit, she's going to say something about what she sees in America's current political discourse in front of Congress. That's her job.

Old 07-02-2019, 04:12 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,097,188 times
Whether you like her or not. There should be an investigation and if true then ALL Americans regardless of Party affiliation should be up in arms. This is NOT what are nation stands for. We can enforce our borders legally and humanely

Old 07-02-2019, 04:18 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
I'd like to hear from the BP agents that accompanied her on her tour and not the leaders that weren't there !!! Surely they wouldn't let the scumbag AOC tour any facilities unaccompanied !!!

Old 07-02-2019, 04:27 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,097,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I'd like to hear from the BP agents that accompanied her on her tour and not the leaders that weren't there !!! Surely they wouldn't let the scumbag AOC tour any facilities unaccompanied !!!
I hope you don’t mean the scumbags on the Facebook group that were laughing at the deaths and conditions of those they oversee. Those are the true scumbags and should be fired.

Old 07-02-2019, 04:53 AM

15,529 posts, read 10,496,731 times
Considering that there is a sink by the toilet, this makes no sense. The only explanation I can see is them not understanding how to work the faucet. If they are not used to running water or ignorant, that's possible. No way is anyone forcing them to drink from a toilet.

Old 07-02-2019, 04:57 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
So let's see. A Representative from New York is, as a member of the House of Representatives, investigating a matter that should matter to all Americans; and finds a problem, and reports it to all Americans.

I'm not seeing a problem here. What should she have done? Stay silent and ignore the problem, be outspoken about the problem, be barefoot and pregnant in her own home, or what? Oh, that's right; she was a bartender, so her word carries no weight in politics.

Kind of like a real estate developer's word; you know, a real estate developer who has no political experience and who has repeatedly stiffed his contractors. Like his word carries any weight. He will reverse today's remarks tomorrow anyway, while sitting on the can and tweeting. And change them again in a week. Yeah, there's a role model for Americans to follow.

AOC, as a representative of her constituents, is representing those constituents. Rightly or wrongly, she is representing those constituents as best as she can. You may not like what she has to say, but dammit, she's going to say something about what she sees in America's current political discourse in front of Congress. That's her job.
My problem is.
She may be lying.
Given that ?most? media is lying, I am not sure who to believe.

Given how cheap water is, I have my doubts about the story. But I may not be correct.

Old 07-02-2019, 05:00 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,380,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Whether you like her or not. There should be an investigation and if true then ALL Americans regardless of Party affiliation should be up in arms. This is NOT what are nation stands for. We can enforce our borders legally and humanely
Good for you! I'm sure you were upset when Obama did it too, right?

What should we do instead? Where would you like these people to be housed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies