Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 08:20 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times

Advertisements

This is news?

The former POTUS sent the AG to Michael Brown's home to "console" with the family after the "gentle giant" tried to get a cops gun to kill him. This black hatred and prejudice towards other peoples is legendary....

Old 07-02-2019, 08:24 AM

3,073 posts, read 3,260,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Sorry to disagree...
But as you yourself addressed in your response "It just makes people comfortable" and that is what you need
to sit down at the table to discuss in a civil matter rather than meeting on a street corner with bats and chains
and drawing the fine line between us and them.................Income equality is an absolute water tamer to the violent ocean of racism.
I would also strongly disagree. I even disagree that "it just makes people comfortable". If those statements were true, then you'd see very little racism in the middle/upper middle/upper class, and that isn't even close to being true. Rich racists are just as disinclined to "sit down at the table to discuss in a civil matter" with a minority counterpart as a poor racist.

Old 07-02-2019, 08:26 AM

45,541 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Sorry to disagree...
But as you yourself addressed in your response "It just makes people comfortable" and that is what you need
to sit down at the table to discuss in a civil matter rather than meeting on a street corner with bats and chains
and drawing the fine line between us and them.................Income equality is an absolute water tamer to the violent ocean of racism.
Yes - money makes people comfortable (implying that they are less likely to focus on negative issues). But when the next crisis comes, old thought patterns that have not been dealt with bubble up to the surface.

The fact that you mentioned that people have to sit down at the table and discuss proves my statement that good relationships are what change minds. If it was just about income, as you suggest, then it would not be necessary to sit at the table.

Old 07-02-2019, 08:38 AM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
I would also strongly disagree. I even disagree that "it just makes people comfortable". If those statements were true, then you'd see very little racism in the middle/upper middle/upper class, and that isn't even close to being true. Rich racists are just as disinclined to "sit down at the table to discuss in a civil matter" with a minority counterpart as a poor racist.

You are absolutely right!
Watching the news every night of murder ,gunfire ,criminal acts of
violence coming straight from the millionaires that walk the streets at night.
Should have known. ( sarcasm )

Old 07-02-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:
You are absolutely right!
Watching the news every night of murder ,gunfire ,criminal acts of
violence coming straight from the millionaires that walk the streets at night.
Should have known. ( sarcasm )
Millionaires do pay people to do their dirty work...

Harrison County man offered to pay teens $9M to commit murder, take photos

Old 07-02-2019, 08:45 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
This is an older article. I remember reading it a while ago.

I'll note that not all black people think that African Americans cannot be racist so the idea that we all believe that we can't be is incorrect.

I think black people in general talk about the different types of racism and race in general more than other demographics though in this country. It is very common in black families to speak of color and race and what racism is and how it impacts how we are seen in the world.

That said, today a lot of people (including black people) think anytime you mention someone's color or race that it is "racism." Folks have a lot of ignorance and have warped what racism is, which simply is believing that someone/a group of people is inferior or superior based on their color or race.

Based on this definition, I agree that many black people are and can be racist. However, I think of it in a different way than this woman and probably most of the posters here in that I feel that a large amount of black people inherently believe that black people are inferior to whites. I've observed/heard it my whole life and IMO it is our biggest "issue" and not all these faux, made up statistical things that most racist whites like to cite. When you are black and you think most black people are: bad parents, poor, uneducated, criminals, or any other negative characteristic that our society deems is how a black person is from a white supremacy/racist perspective, then said black person is suffering from internalized racism or the black inferiority complex. This is way too common of a complex IMO in black America.

From what I remember reading about this woman is that she thinks that black people are racist against her because they have something negative to say about her white husband. Unless they say something that deems her superior/inferior or her husband in relation to race, IMO it is not racism - it is just prejudice and everyone is prejudiced about something or has their own opinions about inter-racial relationships. Many people against them are nutty IMO but I'd not say they are racist just because they don't agree with inter-racial relationships. They may have valid reasons (I know people in my own family wouldn't prevent them from occurring but they don't want their kids to have bi-racial children mostly because they think they will be "confused" in a racially charged society like America is. I've had interesting conversations with them about this, including with relatives who do have bi-racial children and grandchildren and they have no issues with the family members and in-laws but they still think their kids/grandkids are "confused" about racial identity and it makes them harder to fit into our society).

Old 07-02-2019, 08:49 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
I'll just say this. I don't doubt for a moment that there are Black people doing some bad things to their own. I'm Black and I've dealt with some bad things from other Black people. I've gotten flack for being "lame". On the other hand, I do feel that this thread was started as a "see, Black people are so troublesome, even Black people don't like Black people". Just my opinion.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-02-2019 at 12:36 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 07-02-2019, 08:50 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
I'll note it is interesting that the OP and the article, which had nothing to do with crime, turned to a racist stereotypical topic about black people - crime and violence and associating us with that.

As noted, I observe a lot of this everyday. It is interesting to me that an article where a black woman says that black people are racist, automatically seems to give other posters the idea that black people are violent criminals. All the racist stereotypes come out.

Wonder what the purpose was of posting the article (which was from 2018 BTW). Seems it was just a thread to get people to bash black people and display prejudice.

Old 07-02-2019, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I'll note it is interesting that the OP and the article, which had nothing to do with crime, turned to a racist stereotypical topic about black people - crime and violence and associating us with that.

As noted, I observe a lot of this everyday. It is interesting to me that an article where a black woman says that black people are racist, automatically seems to give other posters the idea that black people are violent criminals. All the racist stereotypes come out.

Wonder what the purpose was of posting the article (which was from 2018 BTW). Seems it was just a thread to get people to bash black people and display prejudice.
Actually - it was 2017 when she originally expressed her opinion. I did a thread on it.

ESPN: Sage Steele - Most Racism from "Black People"

Old 07-02-2019, 09:08 AM

2,180 posts, read 639,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I find it sad that the media keeps running stories about how many Trans-women have been killed with the majority of them being black.
(Latest was an incident at stonewall over pride week, but I've seen several articles all throw a sheet over the elephant in the room and say it's a piano. )

But they steer very very clear of touching on whom is killing them.

Hint: Black men have as about as many hate crimes (FBI stats) vs. gays as White men despite a 6:1 population ratio.

Failing to address cultural hate issues like this because the target isn't a bunch of convenient stereotypes like Jethro with a gunrack in his truck is pretty evil imo.

I can only imagine if there are editors out there, "mmmmmkay, the article is good...but we do not need to add to stereotypes by telling people that they're almost all being killed by gay-phobic black guys so lets leave that out.

P.S. Professional sports is way ahead of the curve on this one. Calling people gay slurs became a large fine for the offenders and they've even run tolerance PSA's because they know there is a culture problem of hate there. News media? Nope. Hiding from it.

Exactly. The trans activitists and media are trying to make the tragic deaths of trans women a "white people" (and especially, a "white gay male" problem).... meanwhile the vast majority of these deaths are not at the hands of white people or white men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies