Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 12:08 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times

Advertisements

The reason why black folks can be racist are for two pronged reasons. For one, black academics say blacks can not be racist because they don't control the means of productivity, and don't control instititutions. 2. The white liberal allows black folks to say whatever negative crap that is not PC. I have seen black folks say horrible stuff about other races of peoples, and sexual orientation. Sadly they get a pass. However with the SJW culture, black folks are being held to task if they say something racist, SJW culture will excommunicate the people who they are designed to protect.

Old 07-02-2019, 02:00 PM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Not surprising. Although the worst racism and overall prejudice I have received was from whites, I’ve definite received it from Black, White/Mestizo Hispanics and Asians. People can be racist - period.

Old 07-02-2019, 02:12 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,081,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
“There are times that I believe that we, as African-Americans, can be hypocritical, and that is to not look ourselves in the mirror when we are saying certain things and blaming other groups for one thing when we are doing the exact same thing.”

good read. And I don't believe the myth that black people can't be racist.

https://blackamericaweb.com/2017/02/...-black-people/
Are you trying to say that this one person's account dealing with black people speaks for all black people?

And shocker...prepare for this: anybody can be racist, regardless of the color of their skin.

Old 07-02-2019, 02:32 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Yeah, we’re just the most terrible racists in America’s history. Look at all the terrible things we’ve done to so many other groups historically.

I feel incredibly guilty about it.

Old 07-02-2019, 02:37 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,182,679 times
Quote:
“There are times that I believe that we, as African-Americans, can be hypocritical, and that is to not look ourselves in the mirror when we are saying certain things and blaming other groups for one thing when we are doing the exact same thing.”

And?
Blacks are more racist than anyone, yes?
That should have given America all the more reason to avoid bringing them in, but it did not.

Old 07-02-2019, 02:39 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I have to admit that during the 2018 primaries, HIllary got something like 2/3rds of the white vote in some states like WV or VA and it started a firestorm of accusations about racial voting and Hillary supporters being racists.

Meanwhile, Obama was getting about 90% of the black vote in most states.

I even remember some of the excuses from posters here about how is was ok because they don't normally get to vote for a black man and it was historic etc. etc.

I would have been ok with it if it wasn't for the hypocrisy of then accusing the Hillary supporters of being racist.

P.S. I never like Hillary but am not registered with either party so I didn't get to vote in that primary.
We did what we were supposed to do, the Hillary thing not withstanding.

First black president? Yeah, wasn’t about to be on the wrong side of history for that one. I don’t even trust any black person that didn’t vote for Obama in 2008. If you switched up in 2012, that’s fine. But 2008? GTH away from me if you’re black and I find out that you didn’t vote for Obama. You’re dead to me.

Old 07-02-2019, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
If it is money. Then why, when I worked in a factory that was probably 50-50 black/white and we were all making the same wages, why were the blacks the most racist in there? And the black women were far worse than the men.

You might figure out they really don't like you and go with that. I still can't figure out why people expect the enemy to like them. They are, after all, the enemy.

Old 07-02-2019, 02:42 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,564,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Agreed. Group wise, black people say the most racist things about other black people more so than any other race. The filter just isn't there.
Would it be racism for whites who denigrate other whites? Hispanic isn't a race, so are whites who are anti-Latino racists? Are the terms "trailer trash" or "white trash" white-on-white racism?

Old 07-02-2019, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
We did what we were supposed to do, the Hillary thing not withstanding.

First black president? Yeah, wasn’t about to be on the wrong side of history for that one. I don’t even trust any black person that didn’t vote for Obama in 2008. If you switched up in 2012, that’s fine. But 2008? GTH away from me if you’re black and I find out that you didn’t vote for Obama. You’re dead to me.

Good to know.

Old 07-02-2019, 02:43 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:

I don't have to even read it to know that "racism" is built into our DNA based on 100,000+ years of experience.

We are all hypocrites. No doubt. I agree. Guilty as charged........

This particular issue is very much like eating well and exercising...we each have to do it to ourselves (the mirror you mention). Education is often at the heart of the issue. Understanding and tolerance are also important.

In the end they question is whether we follow our Better Angels or whether we are part of the Angry Mob. Listening to some people here on CD, you get the feeling they like being "bad". The problem is that this behavior rubs off on kids and future generations.

I like to think the general curve in the USA is more toward each of us developing more understanding. LOTS of exceptions, tho, and they tend to be very loud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies