Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 10:56 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,138,783 times

Advertisements

I actually think they're not mentally ill leftists at all. I think they're secretly in on helping the establishment by deliberately making liberals look like unlikable lunatics.

I'm an actual liberal, and I cannot relate AT ALL to the priorities and actions taken by the current smorgasbord of Democrats. They obviously don't intend to be taken seriously.

Democrats and Republicans are just two sides of the same coin.

Last edited by ohhwanderlust; 07-02-2019 at 11:04 AM..

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You're always prattling on and on about the Christian right. They don't have anywhere near the control like they did back in the 50's.

Utter nonsense here. No one on any scale worth mentioning is doing any of that stuff listed.
Bawac lives in OK with his Preacher family IIRC. Yet he refuses or will not leave for better situations.

So in his eyes probably everyone does see this way. I've told him now for several years he needs to move to Dallas and he's talked about CO but no.

Misery means happiness.

2,267 posts, read 1,945,491 times
Dunning-Kruger.

Old 07-02-2019, 11:01 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Well the right wants to force us all to live in 1955 with gays back in the closet, women back in the kitchen, and a Bible in every classroom. They think the founding fathers were wrong when they set up separation of church and state. They think that pastors know more about climate science than climate scientists. They think that foreign policy should be about preparing America and the world for the second coming of Christ. I would say that's its own kind of insanity.
Examples, please.
Any surveys to back up these statements?
Any proof that this is how HALF of the country collectively thinks?

A leftist group just beat up a GAY JOURNALIST so bad that he had to go to the hospital.

I think the gays should be afraid of the left, not the right. /Shrug/

Old 07-02-2019, 11:04 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
With the recent actions of full nutter AOC and now I see SJW Nike Corp. is pulling American flag sneakers because Kaep says they are 'racist', it is time to admit the left is no longer sane.
It's extreme ideology. It isn't "nuts" and there's a logical basis behind it, just not one I support.

"My ancestors/blacks ancestors were brought here in slaves ships, so I hate everything that came before emancipation/1964/whatever"

"Noam Chomsky/Howard Zinn told me the West is responsible for most of the bad in the world and is enormously hypocritical, and thus America and its power structures need to be taken down"

There is at least some element of truth in those positions, I just don't support the extreme aspects of those who hold those beliefs, but I do support progress towards a better nation/society. .

Old 07-02-2019, 11:07 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,114,442 times
Some members if this site are scary.

Old 07-02-2019, 11:08 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I’m a conservative and I don’t know anyone who thinks any of what you just described. Where do you get your information?
It's just more evidence that the OP is correct. The left are delusional and have this little fantasy world running around in their heads that has no basis in reality.

Old 07-02-2019, 11:09 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,194 times
Quote:
Well the right wants to force us all to live in 1955 with gays back in the closet, women back in the kitchen, and a Bible in every classroom. They think the founding fathers were wrong when they set up separation of church and state. They think that pastors know more about climate science than climate scientists. They think that foreign policy should be about preparing America and the world for the second coming of Christ. I would say that's its own kind of insanity.
This post highlights the ignorance of those on the left and shows how they do not understand conservatives the way we do them.

Being a conservative means one believes in personal responsibility and understands that our actions have consequences. It is the belief in the sanctity of the individual over the collective. We believe in order to maintain liberty for the individual, small/local government, the rule of law and the free market are essential.

We fight collectivization not because we are racist, homophobic, sexist and the rest of what you believe, but because we understand history and appreciate the brilliance of the Founders in forging our system. While some conservatives are religious, I’m certainly not and the so-called religious right doesn’t make up a majority of conservative people.

Old 07-02-2019, 11:10 AM

2,985 posts, read 1,748,885 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I’m a conservative and I don’t know anyone who thinks any of what you just described. Where do you get your information?
That poster spews those lies on a daily basis.

Old 07-02-2019, 11:10 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
The Left (Democrats, Progressives ALL) have put us in BIZARRO WORLD due to them owning the Media, Entertainment, Social Media, Education, Tech, and now other facets of Corporate America. They not only accept, but promote the suspension of reality, rationality and logic in order to FEEL good about themselves and their motives.

It is sick, twisted, counterproductive and most of all DANGEROUS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies