Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2019, 02:32 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times

Advertisements

If every rock star who gave a teenage groupie what she wanted was to be prosecuted for it we'd need to have a separate prison just for rock stars. I think every band from the 80's would be in it, and I'm sure that wouldn't be the only decade that was well represented. I feel bad for the rock stars of today. Everyone streams their music instead of buying it and groupies are now off limits. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2019, 06:18 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Pretty common, actually. I think it was well knows that Jimmy page liked 14 year old girls. Of course there is Gary Glitter, Michael Jackson, etc. This one actually seems a bit tame. Did he know that a 14 year old was going to be on the other side of the door?

Problem is that that same ****bag leftists who claim to be driving Mettoo# and all of that turn around and defend the Polanskis, Yarrows, and Pages of the world. Most recent example was that piece of human feces Barbara Streisand talking about Michael Jackson's "sexual needs." Let's stop giving some people get-out-of-jail free cards because they are famous.

Crikey, I missed that.

Poor Jim.

Old 07-07-2019, 09:36 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,945,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Who knows? I don't have much tolerance for grown men interacting sexually with kids....so he or his ilk get no slack from me.
What about your tolerance for teenage girls going to the hotel rooms of men they don't even know? That type of behavior doesn't speak well of either them or of the parents who raised them. I grew up in the 1980s-1990s and my parents would have been chaparoning me to any concerts I went to as a teenager living under their roof. My mother definitely taught me about what knocking on a strange man's hotel room door makes a woman look like. It's a worse look for a teenager, to be sure.

Old 07-07-2019, 12:13 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
Quite interesting, as this means nobody can ever be redeemed, even after they’ve completed their sentence. He probably never dreamed that this incident would still be haunting him and affecting his life almost 50 years later.
except a Supreme Court Judge.

Old 07-07-2019, 12:46 PM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
Quite interesting, as this means nobody can ever be redeemed, even after they’ve completed their sentence. He probably never dreamed that this incident would still be haunting him and affecting his life almost 50 years later.
except a Supreme Court Judge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
What about your tolerance for teenage girls going to the hotel rooms of men they don't even know? That type of behavior doesn't speak well of either them or of the parents who raised them. I grew up in the 1980s-1990s and my parents would have been chaparoning me to any concerts I went to as a teenager living under their roof. My mother definitely taught me about what knocking on a strange man's hotel room door makes a woman look like. It's a worse look for a teenager, to be sure.
What sticks in my craw here is the ancient nature of both Mr. Yarrow's offense and Judge Kavanaugh's alleged offenses. Both have, from all accounts, led decent lives thereafter. This seems an effort to impose standards retroactively, with no cutoff date.

Old 07-07-2019, 12:51 PM

6,569 posts, read 6,732,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
That's why they are children. They lack mature judgment. Good men don't take advantage of that. It's why we have laws against men sexually interacting with underage girls. Does this really need explaining?

Old 07-07-2019, 01:38 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times
What a creep. We’re talking about someone in their thirties and a 14-year-old girl.

Old 07-07-2019, 01:58 PM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
That's why they are children. They lack mature judgment. Good men don't take advantage of that. It's why we have laws against men sexually interacting with underage girls. Does this really need explaining?
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
What a creep. We’re talking about someone in their thirties and a 14-year-old girl.
He served serious jail time for C___t's sake.

Old 07-07-2019, 02:17 PM

6,569 posts, read 6,732,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
He served serious jail time for C___t's sake.
So...what's that have to do with my post. He, like most predators of underage kids, don't just grow out of those sexual proclivities. It's the most difficult pathology to cure.

If he's stayed clean, great, but people like him are always going to be looked upon with a jaundiced eye. He's earned the stink-eyes that look his way. No pity from me.

Old 07-07-2019, 03:16 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,945,611 times
Quote:
That's also why parents need to be parenting children of that age, as well! All I keep hearing from people who lived through that generation was how much tougher the parents were. Well, not in this girl's case, obviously! Looks like she was allowed to run rampant and do what she wanted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies