Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2019, 02:25 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times

Advertisements

Trump Derangement Syndrome

when a democrat president breaks the law, acts unconstitutionally, chases every female he can find, you make excuses.

When a republican gets elected you lose your freaking mind, start screaming "fascist" "pervert" and "nixonian law breaker"

you are so predictable you are boring. hey get this, we elected Donald Trump because of how horrible the left has become.

the left is the issue. the left is off the rails.

Old 07-05-2019, 07:51 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Fascinating stuff...but very troubling. Explains a lot though.

This post is not worth the internet it is typed on.

God Bless President Donald Trump ....2020....woo...hoo....

Old 07-05-2019, 09:38 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Trump is, of course, worse than Nixon - something that most people didn't think was possible.

Interesting that they're both connected to the scummy Roy Cohn.

Old 07-05-2019, 10:25 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I remember when Nixon spent quite a bit of time designing resplendent uniforms for a White House "Palace Guard". He'd seen the fancy uniforms worn in Europe and was envious.

For some reason, I've thinking about that whenever I've heard Trump talking about militarizing the Fourth of July festivities in DC.
https://washingtonmonthly.com/2013/0...-palace-guard/

I really don't think that having the most powerful military in the world is the best argument to prove we are a great nation. Anymore than I think owning the fanciest weapon of any guy you know is the best argument to prove you are a great person.
I remember that too. The new uniforms were universally ridiculed. Then mothballed for several years before eventually being sold to a marching band in Iowa.

Old 07-06-2019, 06:49 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Trump is similar to Nixon in a lot of ways.

Nixon was an authoritarian backlash against the hippie movement, anti-Vietnam movement, and civil rights movement. Trump is an authoritarian backlash against the SJW movement, gay marriage decision, and the increasingly secular culture of American youth. Both Presidencies were basically the older generation showing the younger generation who is still in charge.

Nixon was at least smart though and didn't make America look like a banana republic.
I totally agree, especially what you state about Nixon being smart and Trump NOT...that is a given, but Trump certainly would be willing to do anything as long as it benefitted him which makes him quite a good choice for such a twisted and nefarious agenda. The fact that Roger Stone has a tattoo of Nixon on his back and has aligned himself with Trump does give one pause.

Old 07-06-2019, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Glad you find it so fascinating. Wake me up when there is really something to talk about!!!!!
Roger Stone's obvious obsession and ties to Nixon and the fact that he is facing charges and under scrutiny in connection to Trump is of no consequence and not worth delving into at all. How absolutely disingenuous you sound. The party that proliferated Pizzagate, BENGHAZI and birtherism, has a real hard time seeing any dots to connect with this one. Right!

Old 07-06-2019, 06:56 AM

7,241 posts, read 4,549,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
This post is not worth the internet it is typed on.

God Bless President Donald Trump ....2020....woo...hoo....
Right on. I grew up after Nixon but now I think that Nixon was, like Trump, targeted unfairly and, in the end, they got Nixon. I hope Trump never bows to that. Any dislike for Nixon was purely political. Nixon was not going to do what the crazies wanted so they made up some "horrible" bull. The truth is, after that, the crazys did much much worse but with their control over the media, no one will ever hear about it.

Liberals have to understand Trump has done just 1/4 of what the people, your neighbors, want him to do. They will not longer be fooled by the lies told to disrupt this country.

I cannot wait until November of 2020 when Trump is elected again.

Old 07-06-2019, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Right on. I grew up after Nixon but now I think that Nixon was, like Trump, targeted unfairly and, in the end, they got Nixon. I hope Trump never bows to that. Any dislike for Nixon was purely political. Nixon was not going to do what the crazies wanted so they made up some "horrible" bull. The truth is, after that, the crazys did much much worse but with their control over the media, no one will ever hear about it.

Liberals have to understand Trump has done just 1/4 of what the people, your neighbors, want him to do. They will not longer be fooled by the lies told to disrupt this country.

I cannot wait until November of 2020 when Trump is elected again.
How lame this sounds. For the moment and Nixon's corruption aside, one must be living under a rock to not be aware of Trump's lifelong racketeering, grifting and thievery. C'mon man, this crook bilked hard working fellow Americans out of their savings at his bogus university, has a history of stiffing contractors for services rendered and siphoned off money from a charity meant for kids with cancer and you want to carry water for him? Seriously?

Old 07-06-2019, 07:11 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
So much TDS, so little time.

Old 07-06-2019, 07:13 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So much TDS, so little time.
Did Obama fulfill Stalin's legacy? I think he did. Just another TDS from the TDS Queen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies