Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2019, 09:37 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,405,818 times

Advertisements

This thread was of course as predictable as the sun rising in the East. Never mind that the vast majority of Californians - especially those in the impacted areas - are conservatives; other conservatives are always wishing for maximum suffering by anyone in CA. If a far smaller event happened in a red state, there would be no questions asked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2019, 10:00 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,577,976 times
The premise of this thread is disgusting. Whenever I hear of a disaster to any of our states or communities the last thing I'm ever thinking about is if it's liberal or conservative.

Old 07-07-2019, 10:14 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,833,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Answer: NO

Not until they start cooperating on immigration.
So your position is that any American who lives in a state whose politics you disagree with should be denied aid by their own government and made to suffer? Or don't you consider people who live in blue states "real Americans"?

Old 07-07-2019, 10:25 PM

33,818 posts, read 16,836,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
As much as I dislike California, their liberal politics, and their dirtbag governor, if they truly needed emergency funds, give it to them.

Just make sure they have an itemized list of every nickel they spend. I wouldn't really trust that the funds would go where they were supposed to go.

I'd prefer if funds are needed, Ca list what was destroyed by the quakes, who will repair them, and have federal gov pay suppliers directly w/o trusting Ca with a penny of it.

Old 07-07-2019, 11:16 PM

46,842 posts, read 25,785,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Those states haven't whined about wanting to separate from the rest of us, have they?
Neither has CA. Crackpots, sure. And of course the rednecks in the embarrassing states aren't going to vote themselves off the gravy train. You seem to miss the fact that CA puts money into the collection plate, and the good-ol-boys take it out.

Old 07-07-2019, 11:28 PM

17,929 posts, read 27,336,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
FEMA should be dealing ONLY with the areas impacted by the Earthquake - Money should go to those areas and not into the California fund for their Sanctuary cities and giveaways.

Money goes to where it's needed and not to the Governor.

Oh look, an adult in the room.

To the rest of y'all, Waa! Not My Pwesident! Waa!

Old 07-08-2019, 05:04 AM

2,649 posts, read 1,833,664 times
Trump will declare that the earthquakes are "fake news," just as he has said the conditions in the cages for children at the border are "beautiful." That's what happens, when you select an inept person to run your country.

Old 07-08-2019, 05:51 AM

3,835 posts, read 3,046,626 times
Federal relief money will go straight toward illegals. The dRAT CA governor is trying to pull a fast one.

Old 07-08-2019, 05:58 AM

50,108 posts, read 46,707,873 times
One trailer house fell off it's foundation. Federal funds? Nope. I have home owners insurance if my crappy chimney collapses.

Unless you live out in the desert you didn't even feel it. Nothing like the Easter quake.

Old 07-08-2019, 06:03 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,180,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
The governor is begging for federal money. Should Trump do it? Frankly, the quake hit in a rural area and California politicians have a history of turning any money they get into their personal slush funds so I say no. Unless California agrees to cooperate with illegal immigration enforcement. Treat them like Mexico. No handouts. Must negotiate.
So you advise the federal government BLACKMAIL states? But only states that YOU don't like?

You advise that this admin start a precedent of denying disaster aid based on which states voted for it? Yeah-great idea.

If you advise the president to act like a dictator, then I would advise Californians not to pay federal income tax, and stop supporting the poorer states.

But, hey -- next Dem president can deny disaster aid to all those red states that get hit by tornadoes and floods every year? Is that the system you are advocating?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies