Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 10:44 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,081,658 times

Advertisements

Do people really allow politics to dictate where they get their grass seeds and 2x4s from?

Do liberals really avoid Chik Fil A and Home Depot? Do conservatives really avoid Amazon and Target?

It's one thing to be passionate about politics, but are there a lot of people who actually go far enough to where they don't shop at certain places solely because of the ownership's political beliefs?

Genuine question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2019, 10:44 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I doubt whether most liberals visit Home Depot as often as conservatives do, anyway.

And remember Chik-Fil-A and the call to boycott them? Now they are in third place in sales for fast food (and they are closed on Sundays!) and rank highest in customer satisfaction.

https://www.christianpost.com/news/c...opularity.html
Huh? Why do you doubt that?
Maybe Home Depot should provide actual training for their employees. Literally anytime I go there, none of the employees are helpful. They all pretty much suck. It’s too bad that neighborhood hardware stores have pretty much gone the way of the dodo bird.

Old 07-09-2019, 10:45 AM

37,164 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzNTv10SJO4

Lunatic Liberal Boycotts have all backfired.
WHY?
I quit dealing with HD in 2016 when that jackass came out for Trump. I deal with Ace now, and Lowes for whatever Ace doesn't have. He treats his employees like animals as well, from a friend who worked there for a while.

Old 07-09-2019, 10:47 AM

37,164 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I doubt whether most liberals visit Home Depot as often as conservatives do, anyway.

And remember Chik-Fil-A and the call to boycott them? Now they are in third place in sales for fast food (and they are closed on Sundays!) and rank highest in customer satisfaction.

https://www.christianpost.com/news/c...opularity.html
I'm in a hardware or lumber store at least twice a week building movie sets. HD has lost probably $20-25,000 in sales since I quit shopping hter in 2016.

Old 07-09-2019, 10:49 AM

17,297 posts, read 12,228,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Do people really allow politics to dictate where they get their grass seeds and 2x4s from?

Do liberals really avoid Chik Fil A and Home Depot? Do conservatives really avoid Amazon and Target?

It's one thing to be passionate about politics, but are there a lot of people who actually go far enough to where they don't shop at certain places solely because of the ownership's political beliefs?
I'm pretty much equidistant between a Lowes and a Home Depot, as I'm sure that's the case for a lot of suburbia. So no real impact on me to choose one over the other for whatever reason. I generally choose Lowes for their better military support.

But this guy isn't even involved in Home Depot anymore, so yeah, nonsense.

Old 07-09-2019, 10:52 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Who started this - Jeff Bezos?

Old 07-09-2019, 10:54 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,795,207 times
This whole boycott is so laughable. Where were all the haters back in June 2016 when he announced his support of Trump then? Also has been retired from HD since 2002. He is also Jewish.

Does anyone else see the false anger in all this?

Old 07-09-2019, 10:58 AM

18,453 posts, read 15,236,363 times
I’m a lot closer to Home Depot than I am to Loews, but even if I wasn’t, I cant think of a dumber reason to choose or not choose which company to deal with.

Old 07-09-2019, 10:59 AM

17,297 posts, read 12,228,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
This whole boycott is so laughable. Where were all the haters back in June 2016 when he announced his support of Trump then? Also has been retired from HD since 2002. He is also Jewish.

Does anyone else see the false anger in all this?
They were there. Know plenty of people who still refuse to shop there.

This boycott isn't well grounded in reason. However, boycotts in general are something capitalists should buy into. That's how regulation is supposed to work in a pure capitalist economy, just a collective of people voting with their wallets to root out bad behavior.

Old 07-09-2019, 11:00 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post

Genuine question.
I stopped going to Chick-Fil-A after Dan Cathy opened his fat mouth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies