Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 08:57 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,969,355 times

Advertisements

With so many prominent men in Hollywood getting MeTooed, the industry is becoming less male, White, and Jewish.

The same thing is going to happen to Wall Street and affects NYC. With the way things are going this is sure to affect the tech sector as well, and this directly affects the distribution of wealth in the city. Concentrating power in the hands of just a few people is always going to lead to abuse and disaster. But we have to give the Southern District of New York credited for busting Epstein after the Miami Herald’s investigation cane out with a story that had damning evidence evidence.

I think the board should explain why “ghetto” people and why undocumented immigrants get demonized while rich white Jewish males apparently seem to be free to do whatever, so long as they have money, education, and power. The double standard is precisely why we need social justice movements and MeToo. No poor person from the ghetto would stand a chance of being able to rape someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2019, 10:06 PM

931 posts, read 801,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
With so many prominent men in Hollywood getting MeTooed, the industry is becoming less male, White, and Jewish.

The same thing is going to happen to Wall Street and affects NYC. With the way things are going this is sure to affect the tech sector as well, and this directly affects the distribution of wealth in the city. Concentrating power in the hands of just a few people is always going to lead to abuse and disaster. But we have to give the Southern District of New York credited for busting Epstein after the Miami Herald’s investigation cane out with a story that had damning evidence evidence.

I think the board should explain why “ghetto” people and why undocumented immigrants get demonized while rich white Jewish males apparently seem to be free to do whatever, so long as they have money, education, and power. The double standard is precisely why we need social justice movements and MeToo. No poor person from the ghetto would stand a chance of being able to rape someone.
Between NXIVM and Epstein Island, a huge pedophile occult ring is about to be exposed and a lot of famous people worldwide will be exposed for being involved. Sadly this has been going on for decades. Poor innocent children.

Old 07-09-2019, 10:49 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,969,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro123 View Post
Between NXIVM and Epstein Island, a huge pedophile occult ring is about to be exposed and a lot of famous people worldwide will be exposed for being involved. Sadly this has been going on for decades. Poor innocent children.
True. And as I previously stated, a poor person from the hood could never have gotten away with anything remotely in this scale.

The same people here who demonize a women of color for getting ejected to office never demonize wealthy white make sexual predators.

Old 07-10-2019, 05:02 AM

19,039 posts, read 13,955,559 times
“Free to do whatever” <> Arrested and prosecuted.

As always, strange conclusions you reach.

Anyway. Not a NYC topic. Moved.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 07-10-2019, 05:07 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,469,490 times
Quote:

The president is a rich white Jewish male?

Old 07-10-2019, 07:06 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
Quote:

Quote:
True. And as I previously stated, a poor person from the hood could never have gotten away with anything remotely in this scale.

The same people here who demonize a women of color for getting ejected to office never demonize wealthy white make sexual predators.
Isn’t it interesting that the Social Justice Warriors running for President and sitting on the Judicial Committee couldn’t even be bothered to show up for the hearing on Child Predators?

Sens. Cory Booker of New Jersey, Kamala Harris of California and Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota all tweeted Tuesday that Acosta should step down after he cut billionaire Epstein an easy deal for two felony prostitution charges, one with a minor, in 2008. Epstein was arrested again on Saturday for allegedly sex trafficking minors between 2002 and 2005.

Despite Booker, Harris and Klobuchar showing outrage of Acosta’s involvement in helping a child predator remain free, they failed to attend the “Protecting Innocence In A Digital World” hearing held by the Senate Judiciary Committee, which discussed how to make the internet safer for children. The hearing also included talks on child predators. All three Sens. are members of the committee.

“Jewish males” have nothing to do with Epstein’s case. Epstein wasn’t trolling ghettos and kidnapping girls of color. Nobody has ever been able to figure out how this nobody became a Multi-Billionaire and get away with his criminal activity. I’m going to guess Blackmail/hidden cameras and a lot of help from friends in high places in both Government and Law Enforcement ... think FBI, CIA and a variety of Prosecutors and Judges.

Old 07-10-2019, 07:37 AM

24,401 posts, read 23,056,554 times
Quote:

>>> Or they do and the left says they're tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorists. Like the ones defending the Clintons even as they try to make Trump the focus of the Epstein investigation. And the right makes less of an issue of a persons color than their attitudes and beliefs. Its the left that dismisses all criticism of a person as based on race and color or gender.
And a poor person from the hood wouldn't have the resources to do what the uber elite, entertainment moguls and politically connected are doing here.
BTW, look into Epstein's ex's sisters and who they have ties to. In a tribute to Arte Johnson( RIP) all I can say is it"s " Verrry interesting."

Old 07-10-2019, 07:40 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 12 hours ago)

27,160 posts, read 13,449,232 times
FinTech is going to radically change the banking and finance industry and not Epstein or Metoo.

Old 07-10-2019, 07:50 AM

25,567 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Who got away with something?
Epstein is being prosecuted. He will go to prison and lose everything. And he may drag some other people with him.

Old 07-10-2019, 07:50 AM

4,757 posts, read 3,365,054 times
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Isn’t it interesting that the Social Justice Warriors running for President and sitting on the Judicial Committee couldn’t even be bothered to show up for the hearing on Child Predators?

Sens. Cory Booker of New Jersey, Kamala Harris of California and Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota all tweeted Tuesday that Acosta should step down after he cut billionaire Epstein an easy deal for two felony prostitution charges, one with a minor, in 2008. Epstein was arrested again on Saturday for allegedly sex trafficking minors between 2002 and 2005.

Despite Booker, Harris and Klobuchar showing outrage of Acosta’s involvement in helping a child predator remain free, they failed to attend the “Protecting Innocence In A Digital World” hearing held by the Senate Judiciary Committee, which discussed how to make the internet safer for children. The hearing also included talks on child predators. All three Sens. are members of the committee.

“Jewish males” have nothing to do with Epstein’s case. Epstein wasn’t trolling ghettos and kidnapping girls of color. Nobody has ever been able to figure out how this nobody became a Multi-Billionaire and get away with his criminal activity. I’m going to guess Blackmail/hidden cameras and a lot of help from friends in high places in both Government and Law Enforcement ... think FBI, CIA and a variety of Prosecutors and Judges.

I just want to say how interesting it is that when a thread is created regarding someone who is white/Jewish who has committed a crime (usually white collar) it hardly gets any responses while crimes that involve black people or the assumption is that they are black, goes on for pages and pages.

NYCWriter: Have you seen the industry become less white/Jewish or is this what you expect to happen in the future? Yes, I was appreciative of the Southern District of NY and Miami Herald for doing their jobs. Epstein is the epitome of what wealth inequality, especially in terms of our "justice" system.

Yes, we do need these movements. It's really crazy the way the police see the people, especially blacks, Hispanics, and in some cases poor whites. It's as if they are the enemy. This kind of mentality is really unhealthy for any country and it's not just the police but ordinary citizens as well.

Allpro: I hope epstein talks and talks soon. I do believe his life may be in danger as I expect a lot of powerful people to be involved including the likes of former president Clinton and current Trump. It's very sad what these girls had/are going through...

Kibby: When NYCWriter said Jewish males, he was talking about white and Jewish males and their privilege in general. I read an article the other day and this kid's family was nowhere near as wealthy as epstein but because he "came from a good family" and had "good grades," rape charges were dismissed though the evidence was overwhelming against him. Came from a good family=white and in many of the cases I see, at least middle class.

I agree...I have a feeling there is a lot of money laundering involved and tax fraud. You may have read the same article I did. What's crazy is how easy it is for him to get away with having a firm and this firm not having to answer to the likes of the IRS for example. How there can be no paper trace for that much money is beyond me. The poor commoner can owe $100 and the IRS will swoop down and be on that person so fast and so hard.

I very much agree that the CIA, FBI and the rest could be involved. I am hoping that I don't see anything in this case come up as "classified" as it often does with the CIA. They are able to get away with a lot (have you read "The Ghost?").
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies