Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: True or false?
True 13 37.14%
False 22 62.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 09:10 AM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times

Advertisements

have an open house for any of these events for teams and their families. don't want to go, don't. Nobody really cares and whether you did or not and it doesn't really matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2019, 09:19 AM

16,587 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Athletes are not known to be very intelligent. Hence, the jock image. I wouldn't put what these "jocks" have to say about the White House. With that said, there are plenty of athletes that are not against Trump (and maybe there are a few on this team as well) except the Leftist media don't give them the attention.
The sad thing about this new "phenomenon" (and I agree it is fueled by the leftist anti-Trump media) is that being invited to the White House is an honor, regardless of who the president is at the time.

If my team or I as an individual was invited, I'd go regardless of who the president was.
There have been instances of vocal loud mouths getting the liberal medias attention in similar situations, and them ignoring others on the team with the opposite point of view.

In the case of this particular person, she seems like a leftist activist to begin with, so she is likely doing it more for her own ideological furtherance than any other reason.

`

Old 07-11-2019, 09:41 AM

9,723 posts, read 14,262,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
In the case of this particular person, she seems like a leftist activist to begin with, so she is likely doing it more for her own ideological furtherance than any other reason.`
Translated: A snowflake throwing a temper tantrum

Old 07-11-2019, 10:04 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Let's address just two of those items you cite, the economy and children in cages. You must have been away in 2008, when record numbers of people were losing jobs and homes. I was not away, and I saw it happening. Evictions and repossessions were at record levels, and, through his hard work, Obama turned that around and handed your boy an improved economy where jobs were plentiful and people were able to pay their bills.

Now, as for children in cages...……….do you REALLY want to go there ? Your leader makes Hitler look like a piker......Hitler may have put Jews onto trains, but Trump has imprisoned entire families and has kept them in conditions that I would not wish for my worst enemy.

But, am I surprised at your spin on these "facts", not really, I would have expected no less of you, based on your past posts.
I really never bought into the whole TDS thing, but I think I might be wrong. For you to compare Trump to Hitler, is an absolute disgrace and and is an insult to those that lived thru the holocaust or lost love ones to it.

There is a huge difference, your ignorance is just blinding you.
https://youtu.be/zZNxesruXVM
https://youtu.be/J1nTIwHAjlw

To this
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/xxZ9U8NHIWo/hqdefault.jpg
https://youtu.be/U5FcqF_qu50
https://youtu.be/KGE231k62Bs

These people were being led to their deaths. The illegals at our border came here willingly knowing full well what would happen, they could have just turned around.

Old 07-11-2019, 10:52 AM

16,587 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
The sad thing about this new "phenomenon" (and I agree it is fueled by the leftist anti-Trump media) is that being invited to the White House is an honor, regardless of who the president is at the time.

If my team or I as an individual was invited, I'd go regardless of who the president was.
There have been instances of vocal loud mouths getting the liberal medias attention in similar situations, and them ignoring others on the team with the opposite point of view.

In the case of this particular person, she seems like a leftist activist to begin with, so she is likely doing it more for her own ideological furtherance than any other reason.

`
^

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Translated: A snowflake throwing a temper tantrum
I think it goes beyond TDS or other liberal mental malady some have. To some extent it is virtue signaling, by letting everyone know she is a SJW.
Some is obviously that she now has limited fame, and is trying to capitalize on it for both personal and ideological reasons.

Let us also not forget that many leftists are not genuinely "triggered" but use it as an excuse to be part of the "resistance", hoping to wound Trump with a thousand cuts for 2020.
Just look at the Kavanaugh hearings where just about every Hollywood and liberal/leftist claimed they believed Ford's absurd accusation.
Yet when the (D) Lt Gov of Virginia had much more credible accusations lodged against him, the same "I believe her crowd" was no where to be found.

So yes, this woman on the soccer team likely does not speak for all of them, but being a SJW on issues like homosexuality and the like is being given a mouthpiece by the complicit media, since essentially they are on the same side.

`

Old 07-11-2019, 11:01 AM

29,548 posts, read 9,716,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Can't speak for everyone else but no one is telling her or all the others that "protest" that they can't. My issue is doing it when she is representing a team, and her country.

How would you feel if you where one of her team mates and had values opposite of her's ? Whether she means to or not, what she does reflects on the team. Again, one is free to do as they choose, but not when they are at "work" , there are policies that one has to follow or pay the consequences.
I can't speak for anyone else either, but when someone represents a group and/or serves as their leader, you would like to think they actually DO represent the group and lead them accordingly, as written in the article I included to start this thread...

“I would not go, and every teammate that I’ve talked to explicitly about it would not go,” she said.

“I don’t think anyone on the team has any interest in lending the platform that we’ve worked so hard to build, and the things that we fight for, and the way that we live our life … I don’t think that we want that to be co-opted or corrupted by this administration,” Rapinoe told Cooper.

You seem concerned for anyone who might dissent or be in the minority, like many who don't support Trump might feel during his administration, but for me the focus is more about the actual reason for the protest, and for those who feel otherwise, it's to them to do as they feel strong enough to do, to promote right vs wrong.

Kaepernick, for example, did his thing all on his own and/or without care for what the rest of his team might do. He then the quarterback/leader of the team as well, and then too what's more important is the nature of the protest -- the reason(s) -- and of course the right to be heard regardless whether everyone is entirely comfortable with the message or venue, even at work. What the implications of those actions may be for any individual are for them to address and contend with in light of public opinion and the law.

Laws, of course, that protect free speech as a rule...

Old 07-11-2019, 11:05 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,431,986 times
After hearing the captain of the team curse and bad mouth our President and Commander and through our Flag on the ground, I have no respect for her whatsoever. I pulled for the USA to lose! She is not one of us in my opinion.

Old 07-11-2019, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Why would the White House waste time on inviting a girls soccer team? What’s next, basket weaving and knitting? Even those are more interested than girls soccer.
What's harder for me than to read such a comment is to believe you would actually post it!

Old 07-11-2019, 11:12 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I can't speak for anyone else either, but when someone represents a group and/or serves as their leader, you would like to think they actually DO represent the group and lead them accordingly, as written in the article I included to start this thread...

“I would not go, and every teammate that I’ve talked to explicitly about it would not go,” she said.

“I don’t think anyone on the team has any interest in lending the platform that we’ve worked so hard to build, and the things that we fight for, and the way that we live our life … I don’t think that we want that to be co-opted or corrupted by this administration,” Rapinoe told Cooper.

You seem concerned for anyone who might dissent or be in the minority, like many who don't support Trump might feel during his administration, but for me the focus is more about the actual reason for the protest, and for those who feel otherwise, it's to them to do as they feel strong enough to do, to promote right vs wrong.

Kaepernick, for example, did his thing all on his own and/or without care for what the rest of his team might do. He then the quarterback/leader of the team as well, and then too what's more important is the nature of the protest -- the reason(s) -- and of course the right to be heard regardless whether everyone is entirely comfortable with the message or venue, even at work. What the implications of those actions may be for any individual are for them to address and contend with in light of public opinion and the law.

Laws, of course, that protect free speech as a rule...

Except for at ones place of employment (in most cases), which is what you don't get. You seem concerned that I care what she is saying, I don't. While I disagree with her she is free to do as she wants, on her own time.

Old 07-11-2019, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Sports, athletes in sports, and the sports Media is largely very LEFT leaning and biased. That is why they have so much trouble with Trump. He has not done anything against LGBT, Blacks, nor Women, yet he is called racist, homophobic and misogynistic by these athletes. The general Media reinforces these lies.

Rapinoe is after notoriety and a Nike contract. It is all about money, and her personal greed, and narcissism.
Also amazing to read these sorts of twisted notions about what is going on. Twisted to fit the same sort of ideological leaning that tends to see Trump in this positive light and ignore all the reasons so many people don't. Works for some I suppose. Perhaps more than just some Trump supporters, but to sweep all the reasons people feel otherwise about Trump under the bus of "all about money" or the rest of the nonsense is just too blind a perspective to take seriously.

Ask Kaepernick about how his actions were "all about money."

Also not sure to what extent Trump is all you describe, but just read some of these comments written by Trump supporters and why do they seem to be the ones writing most of the misogynistic comments here? Or how is Trump's position on abortion not to do "anything against women?" Or what Trump has been caught on tape saying about them? Women's rights? Respect for women? Or gays? Or blacks, liking protesters against white supremacists with the white supremacists themselves as "some good people on both sides?"

Talk about "deaf, dumb and blind!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies