Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 06:19 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,554,441 times

Advertisements

When some poor rural churches can't afford an organ, they sometimes settle for a used piano.....or a harmonica.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2008, 06:26 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
Lots of Americans buy their organs in China since the wait here in the U.S is too long.
Shrug??? So if you had the bucks and needed an organ you wouldn't cheat to save your life?
How china conducts business in China so long as it doesn't harm americans is none of our business.
This idea that we are the worlds morality police is what keeps getting us in trouble.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:31 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,134,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Shrug??? So if you had the bucks and needed an organ you wouldn't cheat to save your life?
How china conducts business in China so long as it doesn't harm americans is none of our business.
This idea that we are the worlds morality police is what keeps getting us in trouble.
I'm not saying its a bad thing. I would do it. And I bet everyone on here would as well.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:45 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
I'm not saying its a bad thing. I would do it. And I bet everyone on here would as well.
Thank you for being honest. I would too.....

Old 04-15-2008, 07:33 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,220,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post

I see your point, I really do. However, I do not think the world should just stand by and watch other countries commit genocide - there would be very few Jews left in Europe if no-one had stepped up to stop it.
Sometimes action has to be taken.

I can only hope that the original post is untrue or at least vastly exaggerated. Shudder.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:46 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,114,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
I see your point, I really do. However, I do not think the world should just stand by and watch other countries commit genocide - there would be very few Jews left in Europe if no-one had stepped up to stop it.
Sometimes action has to be taken.

I can only hope that the original post is untrue or at least vastly exaggerated. Shudder.
What should the world do to stop it? What would you suggest? Should we tell China to stop? Where would all our goodies in stores come from, what if they called in the debt we owe them...China is powerful enough to tell us to stick it. Frankly, that is their right as a sovereign nation. It's abhorrent what they're doing; all America can do is fully prosecute any US citizens that may be involved in illegal dealings with it.

The reason we fought in Europe wasn't to save the Jews, it was to stop Hitler from taking over more countries AND because Germany declared war on us.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:59 PM

1,845 posts, read 4,228,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
A doctor friend of mine from Louisiana works in the prison system there. On a recent trip to China she observed the assembly line procedure for removing the living organs of chinese criminals.
The older criminals (over the age of 40) are taken on trucks to remote areas where they are given a few minutes to dig a shallow hole, they stand in the hole and a soldier fires a bullet through the back of his/her's head and they fall forward. The force of the bullet coming through the front of the face makes the body almost unrecognizable for family who sometimes wait to recover their lovedones froma distance.
With the increased demand for human organs and the complete harvest of an individual being worth upwards of two hundred thousand dollars, the Chinese have begun a business of providing this service to the world.
The younger criminals are head shaved and disenfected. They are lined up near a stainless steel tables and shot in the back of the head with a small caliber pistol...they fall forward onto the table and tilted forward. Two surgeons remove the kidneys in less than a minute. The body is flopped over and insised from bladder to sternum. The liver is removed, while a surgeon removes the eyes and ears...the lungs are removed with the heart...almost always still beating...
In less than 20 minutes the procedure is over and the body tossed on the pile and taken to the dump where the older criminals were disposed of.
Hundreds are done in a day...we are speaking of millions of dollars in organ harvesting...

My question is this: Does this constitute abuse? Is this a new market for the world? Are the Chinese exempt from doing this with their criminal population? Will it lead to the eradication of all crime in China?
Most of all...how soon will we see this here. It's not so removed from Hitler's solution with the Jew's...taking the gold from their teeth and making guinea pigs out of them for crazy medical trials...not to forget the use of human skin for various things...
You make this sound like your friend went on a tour of the Jelly Belly Tour in Vacaville. The details she/you give seem too graphic and set in well styled poetic prose. Perhaps lifted from some article.

While I do not doubt that these events occur, the way this was OBSERVED is very suspect.

"The force of the bullet coming through the front of the face makes the body almost unrecognizable for family who sometimes wait to recover their lovedones froma distance."

"The liver is removed, while a surgeon removes the eyes and ears...the lungs are removed with the heart...almost always still beating..."

Your doctor friend sure did observe a lot. In fact, much more than it seems possible to observe. Did she get a brochure from the Chinese too? At best, she heard some stories about what goes on. Otherwise, she must have been there on a very busy schedule.

Bash if you must, but at least try to tell an otherwise credible story in a credible way. You could have left out your OBSERVATIONS of your DOCTOR friend and just say the usual.

I heard...
I was told...
Everyone knows...
The Chinese are renown for ...
Only an ignorant person would disagree that...

Like I said, I am not arguing that organ harvesting among Chinese prisoners is not true. However, if you are going to tell a credible story, tell is so it makes sense.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:03 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,433,231 times
Personally I believe the US should boycott relations with countries who commit human rights such as has been mentioned here. If a country has child labor, we shouldn't be doing business with them, if they are doing something like this to prisoners, I don't believe we should do business with them.

While I am NO fan of Castro, it would seem there is a history of the US boycotting a country we have a problem with.

The reality is that the US wouldn't find it convenient to boycott China, so have a conscience is about convenience and nothing more.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:05 PM

1,573 posts, read 4,063,144 times
THe stories wouldn't surprise me if they were true.

Alot of prisoners in China are not criminals in the sense that Americans would use the term. Many are "political prisoners", members of Falun Da Fa (Falung Gong), etc. Many religions are illegal in China, and you can be imprisoned or executed for adhering to an illegal religion. Others are guilty of corruption, stealing, or "disloyalty", things that are never punished by death in a country like the US.

I don't believe a medical doctor should ever participate in anything related to an execution, it is a violation of medical ethics for a doctor to profit from the killing of another human being, or assisting others in profitting from the victim's death. Harvesting organs from criminals is not something a civilized country should engage in, either, for similar reasons.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:30 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
I saw a TV program on this and some film snuck out of china proported to be criminals be killed for organs. I highly doubt that any US doctor has been able to take a tour of this happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies