Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2019, 10:51 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Last I heard, the number of people saying they will do exactly that is over 400,000.

Of course, I'm pretty sure that when the time comes to do it, only about 8 folks will show up (along with 57 reporters). And they'll be seriously bewildered as to why there are so many no-shows. The reporters will be laughing their heads off.
The best way to do this is to look at how Central Americans are organized when they come to the southern borders. For a while, we were getting roughly 50-100k per month. How were they able to travel with so many people, so far and so consistently? Well, they were organized to.

You literally have to have people recruiting people to get on buses to take them there to make sure that they'll show up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2019, 10:54 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
I've never understood why people wont let the gov. / military develop and test aircraft in privacy without nosy people that could possibly let the secrets out what we are doing. Once they started the UFO's for a coverup, people ran with it.
Well, to be honest, what great strides have come recently in aircraft technology? The F35, which is the most advanced fighter plane in existence, doesnt hold a candle to most of the reported 'UFOs' in modern times, so Im not sure what they are actually working on in these places!

If you look at majority of modern UFO reports, some of the most commonly reported capabilities are the following, ability to hover in one place, with no engine noise, using some kind of cloaking technology that makes the craft nearly invisible to the naked eye, and ability to disrupt electronic and mechanical devices in the area...Have you seen any publicly known aircraft that can do any of these things?

The difference, in the past, when UFOs was used as a cover for experimental aircraft... the UFO reports coming in from the public directly corresponded to the aircrafts new tecchnology...that is NOT the case today though, its actually the total opposite, which suggests this is not the same thing going on today.

Old 07-13-2019, 11:00 AM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
There are better ways to go about this anyway, just storming the base isnt going to result in anything! these people are foolish to assume the top secret extraterrestrial material is just kept inside one of the buildings in the complex (more than likely if anything like this is here, its extremely guarded and restricted), like maybe a secret elevator that goes down 100 stories to an underground section, people storming the base will never get close to these things!
As I said before, when the government admitted the existence of Area 51 as a secret facility, it would have only been after they'd already moved TOP SECRET information to a yet-undisclosed facility.

Old 07-13-2019, 11:06 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
As I said before, when the government admitted the existence of Area 51 as a secret facility, it would have only been after they'd already moved TOP SECRET information to a yet-undisclosed facility.
I do agree with that, but apparently people still see strange things over Area 51 pretty regularly. (craft that defy the laws of physics), so I doubt they are experimental military craft!

However, maybe we are giving the Govt too much credit, common sense has rare in other things involving Govt/ military, whose to say they wouldnt store this stuff at the exact place everyone in the public assumes its stored at?!! LOL

Old 07-15-2019, 08:58 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,317 times
It is tempting to want to know what some of the things the government does at Area 51. However, with those "This area is reserved for the military only"-type signs and associate people who legally-bound to limit what can be revealed, not sure how one can realistically find out some of the secrets.

Old 07-15-2019, 09:01 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
What looks like it started as a joke has over 200k planning to attend and hundreds of thousands interested. The idea is to storm area 51 at 3 am on September 20th:

https://apple.news/ASBaObESXMJC73mfWTgekwQ

People want to “see the aliens” and “they can’t stop us all.”

Let's see how many actually show up.

Also, its a federal facility, right? Do they really think the military is just going to let them in and wander around?

What the hell do they expect to find? Let's say there were aliens there (very, very unlikely). If the feds were going to let people in (which they are not), they would just move them. Do they really think they are going to go in there and shake hands with ET?

I would love to hear interviews of anyone who actually shows up to see how crazy they are.

Old 07-15-2019, 09:04 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Up to 1 million now going or interested.
there is a vast gulf between 'going' and 'interested.'

Old 07-15-2019, 09:09 AM

15,794 posts, read 20,493,343 times
Pretty sure the whole thing is one big joke that's just gathering steam from a bunch of people who simply ckick a button on their phone and become part of the joke.

But booking a flight out there and actually doing it? Doubtful.

Still...part of me wants to see the whole-thing live-streamed.....

Old 07-15-2019, 09:18 AM

13,952 posts, read 5,621,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I was in Vegas for the earthquake last week. There was a man sprawled on the sidewalk outside my hotel immediately after it was over. Apparently he sprained his ankle and was having trouble breathing after stepping off the curb to clear himself of the building.

Late 20s, about 150 pounds overweight, and sweating like a w*ore in church (it was 8:30ish at night mind you so still hot but not midday Vegas heat).

It was a scene, man.
Most surveys/studies put the number of people who don't drink enough water somewhere around 75-80%. The desert is a really effective test for how hydrated you are.

Most surveys/studies put the number of people who do not meet either the aerobic or muscle-strengthening guidelines at 80%. A 15 mile hike across the desert is a really effective test for how out of shape you are.

So like I said, assuming at least 80% of the crowd dropping out of the planned "advance" within the first mile, and then figuring both continued attrition as the desert does its desert thing and simply the amount of time required to traverse the distance, I'd say maybe 3 vehicles and like half a dozen armed guards should be able to handle whichever proper athletes make it anywhere within 5 miles of a building on site, and really, they need to be "armed" with some bottled water and handcuffs, since they'll meet very little resistance by that point.

I'd say Area 51 doesn't have much to worry about, since an invasion of three toed sloths would be more threatening than one made up of the average American internet denizen.

What's funny is Area 51 is probably nothing more than a bunch of warehouses filled with old truck and airplane parts, and they use the fence and the mystique to simply give people something to believe makes the government seem powerful and crafty. I'd love it if a bunch of people actually made it to the buildings and found them all empty, totally innocuous warehouses. What an awesome revelation of government uselessness that would be.

Old 07-15-2019, 09:42 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,590,031 times
I am sure nothing will happen but this is the type of talk makes Uncle Sam very nervous! At some point he would run out of bullets to fire at his own people (and more importantly the pawns willing to fire them...once they quit it's game over)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies