Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2019, 08:51 AM

89,000 posts, read 44,813,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
So, if I dont like military spending.. I could opt out of it?
Military spending and a few other things have a US Constitutional mandate. They're enumerated in Article I Section 8. Public assistance programs, education, health care, etc., do not have a Constitutional mandate and as such, according to both Article I Section 8 and the 10th Amendment, are the purview of each individual state. Each individual state can tax as they see fit to fund public assistance programs, education, health care, and any other state taxpayer-funded program the state and/or it's people see fit to fund and provide.

Old 07-14-2019, 08:52 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Capitalism is attempted rape among all participants...
Who’s the victim in capitalism? Name one.

You have never been able to name any exceptions through our discussions, yet you still parrot your own view with vengeance.

Old 07-14-2019, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
This is so silly it's hardly worth a response. But I will give it one college try.
It's not silly. I posted FACTS, and you cannot refute any of them.

Old 07-14-2019, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's a lie. We lost money on the bail out. I've covered this many times.
Only because of the loss the Federal Reserve is going to have to take on the $2 trillion worth of Fannie and Freddie MBS they bought, as I've already explained, in detail.

Old 07-14-2019, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
But maybe if we give them time they will pay it back with interest?
Nope. Debt is supposed to be repaid over time with interest. Too many can't keep up with even the bare minimum payments, and then incur additional fees and compounded interest. It's a downward spiral trap, but too many people are too greedy to live beyond their means and too stupid to recognize the danger of accumulated debt plus compounded interest, so they WILLINGLY fall right into that trap. And then ceaselessly whine and complain about what they've done to themselves, afterwards.

Old 07-14-2019, 09:06 AM

1,705 posts, read 538,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Military spending and a few other things have a US Constitutional mandate. They're enumerated in Article I Section 8. Public assistance programs, education, health care, etc., do not have a Constitutional mandate and as such, according to both Article I Section 8 and the 10th Amendment, are the purview of each individual state. Each individual state can tax as they see fit to fund public assistance programs, education, health care, and any other state taxpayer-funded program the state and/or it's people see fit to fund and provide.

Defense and Welfare...

Healthcare is welfare.

If government paid/funded/run healthcare system, is 200% cheaper then private and with equal and better results... that is to the happiness, safety, benefit and prosperity to all Americans.

Old 07-14-2019, 09:09 AM

8,136 posts, read 3,671,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
"Some," not all. The bottom line is that even the German government is showing a real estate tax rate of 1.62%. That's a LOCAL tax. So stick to comparing National/Federal taxes, as I've discussed, as it's the National/Federal governments that provide national health care, free college, old age pensions (Social Security), etc.
Lol. You should stick to comparing apples to apples. But you never do.

P.S. If you knew anything about Europe you would know that property taxes are very low. They are not used to fund schools, etc.

Old 07-14-2019, 09:13 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Who doesn’t benefit from the military?
Sandra Lee Scheuer.

Unless you count getting your jugular vein ripped open and bleeding out by a bullet from a M-1 rifle as you walk to class as a "benefit".

Old 07-14-2019, 09:15 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,958,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
The problem with places like China and Congo is they actually do not have capitalist system. They are more or less either communist or feudalism.

My family immigrated here to the US from a communist country. My dad was a professor before the communists took over. After they took over, he was "assigned" to be a day laborer. My brother was also assigned as a "laborer". My mother, who was a teacher before they took over, was assigned to a sweat shop. My sisters were also in the sweat shops. I was destined to be either a laborer or a sweatshop worker.

The problem with these other systems is they do not allow people to explore their full potential.

My family waited in line for 10 years to legally immigrate here to the US. Yes, 10 years. We are now all in the upper middle class. All thanks to the regulated capitalist system here.

As I said before, I don't believe in completely free capitalism. It leaves too much room for corruption and cheaters to thrive. Hence, back in post 68 I said I believe in some kind of combination or balance to help everyone thrive, not just those who have managed to get to the top of the food chain.
How can we be capitalist though if we trade with communist countries?
Their market mixes with ours and labor under the capitalism side gets punished because of it.

We should rewrite the rules where we are only allowed to trade with other capitalist countries.
Do you think the capitalists in this country would agree to that?

Old 07-14-2019, 09:17 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,958,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
"In capitalism, Man exploits his fellow Man. In communism, it's the other way around".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies