Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 12:13 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,706,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I bet you see States ripped apart. The coastal elite snobs, trying to tell the well armed rednecks what to do, has never ended well for the elite snobs.
I don't care about the rednecks and the rednecks don't care about me. That's why it would be an amicable divorce. And those educated "coastal elite snobs" would be extremely valuable to Canada. Abortion may be the GOP's hill to die on and that's fine. I've come to believe a demographic that would elect Trump is the best to have an amicable divorce with. There's nothing to fight about, just draw a line and part ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2019, 12:15 PM

3,536 posts, read 2,856,699 times
The last presidential election showed about 95% of the country being red, with a couple of small but population dense coastal county's being blue. The liberals had best hope the split doesn't go by county.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:16 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That theory seems to assert that those who are not self-supporting (themselves and their dependents, if any) and are therefore a net drain on society's resources and can be eliminated.
In the beginning, only the strong and productive, did survive. The weak & the freaks were culled rather quickly, as not to be a burden. That is how the USA became the strongest, most productive nation in such a short period of time.
Then came Marxism and the 16th Amendment and you see the people once again, property of the State. Revenue.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:17 PM

88,983 posts, read 44,793,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
genocide?
Democide. Same as ordering soldiers off to war to die for the best interests of the Constitutional Republic.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:21 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,706,185 times
Quote:
Democide. Same as ordering soldiers off to war to die for the best interests of the Constitutional Republic.
While Trump supporters rattle their sabers, the coastal tech could engineer their destruction before they loaded up their trucks. There really is no need to get angry, just shake hands and say "We don't get along, in fact, we can't stand each other, happy trails." Draw a new border and call it good. Then red states will need to figure out how to replace all that blue state money because their ranking in the world economy would fall several rungs.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:24 PM

88,983 posts, read 44,793,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
While Trump supporters rattle their sabers, the coastal tech could engineer their destruction before they loaded up their trucks.
I don't see anyone saber rattling. No one is itching for war, despite the left-wing's ultimate desire to make war happen.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:24 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I don't care about the rednecks and the rednecks don't care about me. That's why it would be an amicable divorce. And those educated "coastal elite snobs" would be extremely valuable to Canada. Abortion may be the GOP's hill to die on and that's fine. I've come to believe a demographic that would elect Trump is the best to have an amicable divorce with. There's nothing to fight about, just draw a line and part ways.
The talks are in the works and have been for some time. California is a huge taxation without representation State. New California

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbiu0r7to2I

Old 07-11-2019, 12:27 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,806,830 times
Quote:
I don't see anyone saber rattling. No one is itching for war, despite the left-wing's ultimate desire to make war happen.

All the talk of civil war has been and continues to be from the right wingers. The most I've seen liberals suggest is a peaceful divorce and even that's a minority opinion. Of course, most conservatives will consider liberal policies that promote equality regardless of race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation to be "inciting war."

Old 07-11-2019, 12:29 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,516,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Really? To get an idea of what an independent South would look like, one only has to look to Roy Moore's Alabama. Banning abortions entirely, requiring public schools to tell teenagers that homosexuality is unnatural and abnormal, and allowing churches to have their own police forces to enforce Christian law. That's just the beginning of what would happen in an independent South.
Yep. Cut em loose; what does Alabama and Mississippi do for the rest of the country? I'm all for a divorce.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:34 PM

4,861 posts, read 9,306,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
As long as there is a grace period for people who live in red states but who aren't heterosexual or conservative Christian or who don't want to live in a theocracy to flee north. An independent South will be an authoritarian theocracy that will likely be tyrannical to anybody who defies the social norms.
With all due respect, do you have anything else to fill your hours with than hating on white Christians? I get it if you don't agree with people but you seem to be totally consumed with belittling and trying to undermine white Christians to the point where your posts don't even carry any weight anymore because they are all rubber stamp copies of each other.

White Christians bad, white Christians bad, white Christians bad....and repeat 600 times.

You do realize that black and brown Christians share the same beliefs as white Christians, right? Just sayin'.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies