Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 07:25 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
there goes my vacation money to Tahiti checking out The bikini sites...just great...

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...-flood-schools
.........you're welcome.!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2019, 07:41 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
Yes agreed, I expected someone would bring up the immigration of the past and compare it now when it’s completely different, in response to my post. They forget even Ellis Island had rules regarding health, sound mind and physical ability, no illnesses, able to work a trade , etc. Many people were turned away.
That's not quite true about Ellis Island, there was no need to 'work a trade', and only about 1% of the people were denied entry because of mental or physical health problems. And, if you had the money to travel 1st or 2nd class you didn't even stay at Ellis Island, you were allowed entry at the docks in NY. Until 1917 almost everyone got in, the only real 'exclusion' was for Chinese people.

Old 07-13-2019, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
Old subject and not equal to what’s happening today and you know it. Plus the Irish and Italians didn’t expect freebies and to be supported by other people. Totally different situation.
Most illegal immigrants don't expect freebies or expect to be supported by other people. Most of them are hard working and try to fly under the radar, they aren't anxious to apply for any benefits because they don't want their immigration status to be discovered.

Old 07-13-2019, 08:22 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Most illegal immigrants don't expect freebies or expect to be supported by other people. Most of them are hard working and try to fly under the radar, they aren't anxious to apply for any benefits because they don't want their immigration status to be discovered.
Do you think it's appropriate, ethical and humane to have millions of people who are forced under the radar, so others can take advantage of them, so we can get cheaper stuff? Is it better because they're brown or 'other'? Meanwhile, they are unable to benefit from Social Security, Medicare, unemployment insurance or OSHA regulations.

You do you realize that the real racists are the Democrats calling for such an arrangement as I described right?

Old 07-13-2019, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Do you think it's appropriate, ethical and humane to have millions of people who are forced under the radar, so others can take advantage of them, so we can get cheaper stuff? Is it better because they're brown or 'other'? Meanwhile, they are unable to benefit from Social Security, Medicare, unemployment insurance or OSHA regulations.

You do you realize that the real racists are the Democrats calling for such an arrangement as I described right?
I am not an advocate for open borders so miss me with that crap. I have argued against employers getting away with hiring illegals for the past 40 years. I've watched it, I've seen entire work forces replaced with illegals and I've worked for an employer who laughed about hiring illegals and how easy it was because he used a labor contractor (his brother-in-law) to hire them so he could never face any liability.

That is what makes me sick, not the people who come here to try to support their families. Employers who hire illegals whether through a labor contractor or directly need to go to prison, if just a few of them were locked up this BS would stop, but it won't - and Trump won't stop it because he doesn't want to upset the industries who support his campaign, agra, builders, contractors, meat and produce packers all depend on illegals.

You are delusional if you really believe that Trump, or any politician is really serious about ending illegal immigration. Even the states that require e-verify have huge carve-outs for agriculture and other industries where they can't find citizens who will do the job..or they simply look the other way and don't enforce the laws they passed. Trump will do his little raids to take the focus off of something else that he doesn't want us to be concerned about, but all he's doing is throwing out some chum for his base.

Any President, and any congress during the past 50 years could have stopped this by arresting employers who hire illegals, you need to ask yourself why not one of them ever did that.

Old 07-13-2019, 09:00 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
Quote:
I am not an advocate for open borders so miss me with that crap. I have argued against employers getting away with hiring illegals for the past 40 years. I've watched it, I've seen entire work forces replaced with illegals and I've worked for an employer who laughed about hiring illegals and how easy it was because he used a labor contractor (his brother-in-law) to hire them so he could never face any liability.

That is what makes me sick, not the people who come here to try to support their families. Employers who hire illegals whether through a labor contractor or directly need to go to prison, if just a few of them were locked up this BS would stop, but it won't - and Trump won't stop it because he doesn't want to upset the industries who support his campaign, agra, builders, contractors, meat and produce packers all depend on illegals.

You are delusional if you really believe that Trump, or any politician is really serious about ending illegal immigration. Even the states that require e-verify have huge carve-outs for agriculture and other industries where they can't find citizens who will do the job..or they simply look the other way and don't enforce the laws they passed. Trump will do his little raids to take the focus off of something else that he doesn't want us to be concerned about, but all he's doing is throwing out some chum for his base.

Any President, and any congress during the past 50 years could have stopped this by arresting employers who hire illegals, you need to ask yourself why not one of them ever did that.
I'm glad to hear we agree on the use of illegal labor and the consequences that employers should face. While you obviously do not agree with such a policy, there are many, many on the left who think it's perfectly acceptable and in fact, do not understand the details I had mentioned in my previous post. They fail to see the hypocrisy in their views.

Old 07-13-2019, 09:02 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:

so president and congress person are expected to arrest people now???

its already illegal to hire illegals.... its already illegal to work off the books

and yet liberals embrace illegals, tell LEO's to NOT cooperate with INS, and never pursue employers paying people (illegal or not) under the table

so what do you expect??? do you want Nazi type rats, who turn in people to the Gestapo???

Old 07-13-2019, 09:19 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Another 300,000 reasons for privately funded schools

Old 07-13-2019, 10:05 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
I still support public education, but all of these people would be signing up for the free lunch programs. It would be too big of a burden on the US taxpayer.

Old 07-13-2019, 10:16 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I still support public education, but all of these people would be signing up for the free lunch programs. It would be too big of a burden on the US taxpayer.
But if we processed these families in a timely manner and help them to move to communities that need more employees -- we might not have such a burden. Instead this administration's approach is to spend money to make them as uncomfortable as they can -- not realizing these people have seen such horrors that they are still willing to endure hardship here for the promise of being able to one day settle here.

Landscaping companies in south Caorlina still having to apply for temp visas because they can't get the staff they need.

WHAT? WHY?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies