Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 08:32 PM

29,200 posts, read 14,474,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
And what psychology and science is that based on, if you don't mind my asking?
If you can't figure it out, i can't help you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2019, 08:34 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,388,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
You say it so flippantly like there are no adverse effects to puberty blockers.
There might be, but I can tell you from personal experience that not affirming that child’s basic needs and feelings and trying to force them into a mold the parent sees as fit does far worse damage.

Old 07-11-2019, 08:44 PM

17,205 posts, read 14,492,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
There might be, but I can tell you from personal experience that not affirming that child’s basic needs and feelings and trying to force them into a mold the parent sees as fit does far worse damage.

There aren't only two options: puberty blockers or forcing your square kid into a round hole.

There are serious SERIOUS health risks that come with blockers - and we don't even know all the possible side effects that could happen.

To phrase it like you did, like stopping blockers is as easy as changing your shoes speaks of how little you know about the subject.

Old 07-11-2019, 08:49 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,388,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
There aren't only two options: puberty blockers or forcing your square kid into a round hole.

There are serious SERIOUS health risks that come with blockers - and we don't even know all the possible side effects that could happen.

To phrase it like you did, like stopping blockers is as easy as changing your shoes speaks of how little you know about the subject.
It would if I had, but I never phrased it like that.

I said they can still go through normal puberty if they stop them, and they can and that is what happens in typical cases. I never said there was zero risk to this approach, there is always risk with major medical procedure or drugs.

Old 07-11-2019, 08:51 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,395,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
And what psychology and science is that based on, if you don't mind my asking?
What science and psych is yours based on? Science is Crystal ******* clear on the mechanisms of reproduction concerning multicellular life. Any exceptions to those rules are few and far between and never far from the trash heap of of evolution.

Psychology? I will give you a cold hard fact. The human mind as we know it IS NOT something nature needs to ensure life endures. It, like many things is an anomaly. Many facets of our minds are anomolous too. Many aspects of psychology can be called pseudo science and I highly suspect there is a lot of that in the fine print of this subject .

Old 07-11-2019, 08:51 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,083,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
I know that there is a lot of suicide among the LGBT. What makes that even more sad is if you see a suicide note that basically said "I was raised a member of an opposite sex/gender by preference of my parents. I just wanted to be a cisgendered kid."
Have you seen a note like that?

Old 07-11-2019, 08:54 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,083,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
What science and psych is yours based on? Science is Crystal ******* clear on the mechanisms of reproduction concerning multicellular life. Any exceptions to those rules are few and far between and never far from the trash heap of of evolution.

Psychology? I will give you a cold hard fact. The human mind as we know it IS NOT something nature needs to ensure life endures. It, like many things is an anomaly. Many facets of our minds are anomolous too. Many aspects of psychology can be called pseudo science and I highly suspect there is a lot of that in this fine print of this subject .
I didn't even state mine and you are still basing your opinion on...wait for it...your opinion. Why did you become so defensive when I asked you that question?

Old 07-11-2019, 09:18 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,416,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Nope, I’m done with you. Your kind of intolerance is quickly fading away which I’m very grateful for.
If not wanting kids to be subjected to this insanity is "intolerance," then count me in as intolerant.

Old 07-11-2019, 09:32 PM

10,020 posts, read 9,473,588 times
Absolutely ridiculous. When you become an adult and have the mental maturity to make an informed decision. Until then, no way. Any physician who approves of such a thing should be ashamed of themselves.

Old 07-11-2019, 10:04 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,545,038 times
1. No child should be given any hormone treatments or allowed surgery to treat gender dysphoria. They should be 18.
2. It's such a tiny percentage of our population, I don't know why both sides obsess over it so much.
3. A very significant number of kids who have gender dysphoria grow out of it.
4. The bottom line is that in most cases the person's brain chemistry for gender doesn't match their physical gender. It's not learned. It's not a mental illness. It's chemistry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies