Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 09:11 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,081,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Trump hired him. Trump defended him. Any condemnation of Trump here is warranted.

I argued all along that the entire Russia thing was B.S.

This is different.
All true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2019, 09:12 AM

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Well another one bites the dust
The administration of acting heads, I guess we will have another acting head soon. So much for hiring the best people.

Old 07-12-2019, 09:13 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Trump hired him. Trump defended him. Any condemnation of Trump here is warranted. I argued all along that the entire Russia thing was B.S.
This is different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
All true.
Wait. Wasn't he also confirmed by the US Senate too?

Sounds like nothing more than Orange Man Bad to me.

Old 07-12-2019, 09:13 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,115,213 times
Why is the sentencing judge not being noted? Because tds? Acosta was apprently upset with sentence. More i learn, more i conclude this is tds

Old 07-12-2019, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Why is the sentencing judge not being noted? Because tds? Acosta was apprently upset with sentence. More i learn, more i conclude this is tds

This is about hating on Trump, nothing more than that for them.

Old 07-12-2019, 09:16 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
The sad thing about reading this first page (presumably others as well) is many of these posters would be silent if it were an Obama appointee, but use this as a means of self congratulatory attacks on Trump.
One of them in the circle talks of Maddow who apparently has a board with those no longer in the Trump admin.
Based on the commentary she apparently keeps a tally as a means of being critical of Trump.
Then when a thread like this starts, all the typical ID's pop in to express glee, even without much factual reason to do so, others than "orange man bad" comments because someone in his cabinet came under scrutiny.

I frankly do not know enough about this case yet, but there are a lot of nuisance and other factors that go into plea deals.

I have two friends who are both federal prosecutors, and they will let me know their opinions when I see them in the coming weeks.
But over the years I have heard plenty of stories how you have everything from incompetent prosecutors who drop the ball, to those who are great, but wind up with horrible cases.
Whether the case is botched from the initial phase of police/LE investigation, witnesses dump out, victims don't want to testify, etc., sometimes getting convictions is almost impossible. Thus plea deals will be made, or lesser charges pursued to try and get some jail time.

Not that the two directly compare, but look at Al Capone. This guy ran a criminal enterprise of murder, extortion, etc., but they could never get him on any of it.
Yet what put him behind bars and ended his reign of terror was income tax fraud he was prosecuted and convicted of.

The bottom line is that had this guy been an Obama guy, the glee you see and maybe even the thread itself would not be frequented by all these TDS types.

`
Congratulations. You're the first to pull the "but, but, but, Obama" crap. And by the way, how does "nuisance" factor into a plea deal?

Old 07-12-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Congratulations. You're the first to pull the "but, but, but, Obama" crap. And by the way, how does "nuisance" factor into a plea deal?

But he's right isn't he? If this had been an Obama appointee, you'd do a runner.

Old 07-12-2019, 09:20 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Wait. Wasn't he also confirmed by the US Senate too?

Sounds like nothing more than
Orange Man Bad to me.
I condemned them for that. It doesn't excuse Trump. The background of someone in this position is very well researched. Trump knew what he did and if he thought so little of Epstein like he now claims, there is no way you nominate and defend Acosta.

Old 07-12-2019, 09:20 AM

1,658 posts, read 2,693,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
The sad thing about reading this first page (presumably others as well) is many of these posters would be silent if it were an Obama appointee, but use this as a means of self congratulatory attacks on Trump.
One of them in the circle talks of Maddow who apparently has a board with those no longer in the Trump admin.
Based on the commentary she apparently keeps a tally as a means of being critical of Trump.
Then when a thread like this starts, all the typical ID's pop in to express glee, even without much factual reason to do so, others than "orange man bad" comments because someone in his cabinet came under scrutiny.

I frankly do not know enough about this case yet, but there are a lot of nuisance and other factors that go into plea deals.

I have two friends who are both federal prosecutors, and they will let me know their opinions when I see them in the coming weeks.
But over the years I have heard plenty of stories how you have everything from incompetent prosecutors who drop the ball, to those who are great, but wind up with horrible cases.
Whether the case is botched from the initial phase of police/LE investigation, witnesses dump out, victims don't want to testify, etc., sometimes getting convictions is almost impossible. Thus plea deals will be made, or lesser charges pursued to try and get some jail time.

Not that the two directly compare, but look at Al Capone. This guy ran a criminal enterprise of murder, extortion, etc., but they could never get him on any of it.
Yet what put him behind bars and ended his reign of terror was income tax fraud he was prosecuted and convicted of.

The bottom line is that had this guy been an Obama guy, the glee you see and maybe even the thread itself would not be frequented by all these TDS types.`
What a bunch of crap.

Yes, you don't know enough about this case.

There was a 53 page indictment and 30 witnesses. Acosta's office did their best to deter the witnesses from testifying, but most still wanted to tell their stories. Jay Lefkowitz told Acosta - in that "unimportant" breakfast meeting at the hotel - that the victims were not to be told about the plea agreement. The Miami Herald has an email confirming this and the NY Times has a letter from JL thanking Acosta for the addendum to the agreement.

Al Capone? Now I know that you really don't know what you're talking about.

Old 07-12-2019, 09:21 AM

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
Relax. Settle down. Trump is going no where. Trump's staying in office until Jan 2025. We had to wait 8 long miserable years for Obozo to leave office so now you dRATs can wait.
That's what you hope far but, you don't know that as fact until it happens. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't bet your life on that. Nobody knows what the future holds, a lot can happen to change everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies