Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 04:23 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,763,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Colleges are dominated by the far-left these days. That is a fact. I work in higher education and have the pleasure of experiencing it all the time unfortunately. Even Bloomberg and Inside Higher Ed have articles about how left-leaning colleges are now. Articles linked below showing the FACTS of just how left-leaning colleges are today:

Article

Article

Article

Article

Article
So what? If you don't like it, talk more of your Republican friends into being professors. You reap what you sow, and in this case Republicans graduate and become high-earning business people rather than taking lower paying University jobs. You are complaining about a situation of your own making.

Old 07-14-2019, 05:08 PM

3,773 posts, read 5,321,473 times
This is neither a new phenomenon nor solely an American one. I spent 16 years teaching college students in Asia and there were some quite attractive girls who had sugar daddies paying for their tuition, cell phones, and clothing.

It's not Trump's fault. And it's not the Far Left's fault even though they control most US campuses these days. Some girls will get sugar daddies simply to afford the latest designer cr@p. It is not just about tuition.

Old 07-15-2019, 03:03 PM

15,070 posts, read 10,089,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
There are plenty of ways to pay for college that doesn't involve selling your body.

I paid for every penny of my college education by myself. No hand outs, no selling my booty, no committing crimes, no whining to mama/papa to pay for classes. I did it through GI bill and, company reimbursement, and using my own money I saved up.

Any person saying that they seek sugar daddies to pay for school, is really just a convenient excuse and trying to make it seem 'respectable,' but in reality it's just to make easy money, and a lot of it too. Hey, as long as it's between two consenting adults, I'll keep my nose out of it.
When you enlist into the armed forces you are agreeing for a term of your life to be property of the government as a soldier serving in the armed forces.

We all sell ourselves; labor, body, mind, health... to some extent.

Unlike private employment serving as a G.I. isn't at-will. You can't just go A.W.O.L. without legal consequences... even jail term. You are for that agreed amount of time, property.... mind and body.

Last edited by usayit; 07-15-2019 at 03:20 PM..

Old 07-15-2019, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
As higher education costs continue to soar, more women are selling themselves to "sugar daddies" in order to be able to afford college. Since colleges and universities these days are run by the far-left, I wonder what the far-left thinks about women having to sell themselves in order to afford a college degree today, and rely on older men to pay their way through school? So much for "empowerment." #metooandmysugardaddy

Article
You make it sound like Republicans are anti-education (I am pretty sure they are not). Women who seek Sugar Daddies come from all walks of life; political leanings as well.

This blog maybe relevant... certainly there are Republican Sugar daddies...

https://blog.seeking.com/2012/01/16/...ugar-lifestyle

Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SeekingArrangement

Quote:
When the 2012 Republican National Convention took place in Tampa Bay, Florida, SeekingArrangement.com plausibly saw a 25.9% increase of site users stemming from this geographic area. This increase translates to the average of 1,823 daily users increasing to 2,295 accessing the site at this reported time.[34]

The Huffington Post quotes “politicians in the Republican Party had more than just politics on their mind.”

Huffington Post continued to state that further evidence suggests that of the 200,000 Sugar Daddy users, 42.1% reportedly identify as Republicans and 34.9% as Democrats.
Keep in mind, not all Sugar Daddies are seeking sexual relationships.... although a significant portion do have it in their agreement.

Old 07-15-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
This is neither a new phenomenon nor solely an American one. I spent 16 years teaching college students in Asia and there were some quite attractive girls who had sugar daddies paying for their tuition, cell phones, and clothing.

It's not Trump's fault. And it's not the Far Left's fault even though they control most US campuses these days. Some girls will get sugar daddies simply to afford the latest designer cr@p. It is not just about tuition.
I agree with this. Sugar Daddy scene has been around for a very long time... under different terms/names. Japan culture is extremely tolerant of it; "enjo kosai" or compensation dating. However the situation there is difficult because there is little protections for the women; it is a conflict between traditional and modern cultures... when society rather shun and ignore it exists rather than directly address it.

Old 07-15-2019, 03:21 PM

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times
It’s the women who are willing to do it at fault. No one else.

Old 07-15-2019, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
It’s the women who are willing to do it at fault. No one else.
Yes I agree ... kinda. Ultimately, the women are making free choices and exercising dominion over body... the right to choose.

"Fault"... there really isnt' anything "fault" here if both the Sugar Daddy and the lady agreeing are both consenting adults making a decision of free will.

Old 07-15-2019, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Planned Parenthood and other liberals scream support for abortion, saying that nobody should be able to tell a woman what she can or cant do with her body. But then comes prostitution, and all of the sudden the govt can rule over them. So which is it?
I know it is easier to process a debate or issue in those terms.... but try to think beyond conservative vs liberal. Your very last statement isn't founded.... There isn't really any large movement in either party when it comes to prostitution.

In general Democrats lean towards legalization of prostitution... However it isn't cut and dry...A lot of it has to do with the fact that any politician openly supporting legalizing of prostitution will face scrutiny from the public because of our taboo views on sexuality.

Old 07-15-2019, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
So young women are having to hook up with older men?

I can't imagine a more exciting piece of news for Donald Trump, his friends, and his supporters.

Finally, the right-wing can benefit from the pursue for knowledge.

I'm no fan of Trump... but I doubt the fault lies with him. Arrangements like this from prostitution by the hour, to sugar daddies, to women who marry for wealth has existed since the beginning of time.

Old 07-15-2019, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I think this is sexist until a Sugar Mama business is established, too.
They do exist... but just don't attract the same media attention. Why? I like to blame it on misplaced paternal/father complex; women in sex work (and sugar daddy scene) are "suppose" to be protected... which is laughable.. A lot more common in the upper tiers of class than you might think.

In general, Women date up and Men date downward in socioeconomic ladder. Just like men, there are powerful and wealthy women that also don't really have the time nor motivation to invest in building a relationship but still want company in their free time.

The issue is when a power/wealthy woman is near at the top of the socioeconomic ladder, what men are available in that pool?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies