Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Crush the subversives using the full force of the US government against them
yes 57 77.03%
no 17 22.97%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 10:43 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
The point you seem to be missing is that this is NOT ok. Americans of all political persuasions should be condemning this. But, they're not. The silence of our left wing friends speaks volumes.
No what I am saying is -- while the actions are stupid, and maybe even illegal (trespassing) -- it is NOT a declaration of war.

And I'm saying that it is true -- you might get yourself in way more trouble in other countries (not that Canada would do anything more than charge you with trespassing or stealing -- definitely not with declaring war ).

There is a difference between doing something that is wrong or even illegal and declaring war.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2019, 10:43 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
You didn't read my post...I said of course in a foreign country you wouldn't do that.

We are in the USA.
We are better.
When someone does something stupid -- it is stupid -- but it isn't a declaration of war.

Overly dramatic.........
It is YOU who are confused. Again, your ignorance is astonishing. It has nothing to do with feeling or "acting better."

American embassy = American soil. So replacing American flag with other nation's flag inside American embassy EVEN on foreign soil = declaration of war.

Do you know what American embassy means? American embassy means American soil. You simply DO NOT replace American flag on American soil with foreign national flag. Same goes you don't replace American flag with foreign national flag in an American embassy. This is the point I am making. They can, however, burn American flag on American soil or in front of American embassy on foreign soil. They can, however, protest ! They cannot, REPLACING American flag WITH FOREIGN flag. Got it?!

Again, your ignorance is astonishing. It has nothing to do with "drama".

Old 07-13-2019, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
It is YOU who are confused. Again, your ignorance is astonishing. It has nothing to do with feeling or "acting better."

American embassy = American soil. So replacing American flag with other nation's flag inside American embassy EVEN on foreign soil = declaration of war.

Do you know what American embassy means? American embassy means American soil. You simply DO NOT replace American flag on American soil with foreign national flag. Same goes you don't replace American flag with foreign national flag in an American embassy. This is the point I am making.

Again, your ignorance is astonishing. It has nothing to do with overly dramatic.
It wasn't an embassy, it was an ICE detention center.

It was a govt. building....not an embassy -- not the same thing.

It was not a declaration of war.

It was a symbolic protest against this govt.'s immigration policies.

Was it illegal -- perhaps, was it stupid -- probably.

But it was not a declaration of war.

As for the embassy in another country -- well that's a completely different discussion and I agree with you that would be dangerous but that's not what happened here.

Old 07-13-2019, 10:49 PM

17,623 posts, read 6,908,038 times
Quote:
No what I am saying is -- while the actions are stupid, and maybe even illegal (trespassing) -- it is NOT a declaration of war.

And I'm saying that it is true -- you might get yourself in way more trouble in other countries (not that Canada would do anything more than charge you with trespassing or stealing -- definitely not with declaring war ).

There is a difference between doing something that is wrong or even illegal and declaring war.
I don't think you support this awful act. I've read enough of your posts to know that while you disagree with me on who to vote for you love this country.

It's just very sad to me that it has come to this. Why don't Democrats love our country?

Old 07-13-2019, 10:51 PM

Quote:
It wasn't an embassy, it was an ICE detention center.

It was a govt. building....not an embassy -- not the same thing.

It was not a declaration of war.

It was a symbolic protest against this govt.'s immigration policies.

Was it illegal -- perhaps, was it stupid -- probably.

But it was not a declaration of war.

As for the embassy in another country -- well that's a completely different discussion and I agree with you that would be dangerous but that's not what happened here.
It looks like you just don't get it!

I will try this one more time. They are trying to replace American flag with foreign national flag. If that is not declaration of war, I don't know what is. These protesters certainly declared war.

Why do you think Mexican government wants nothing to do with it? LOL If it is the Mexican government removed the American flag and replaced American flag with Mexician flag, that means they declared war with the U.S.

These protesters = domestic enemies. Too damned bad that you cannot see it.

Old 07-13-2019, 10:51 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Yeah some didn't have the same freedom or see the same tolerance did they?
The VAST majority did. Far better than today.

Old 07-13-2019, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
It looks like you just don't get it!

I will try this one more time. They are trying to replace American flag with foreign national flag. If that is not declaration of war, I don't know what is. These protesters certainly declared war.

Why do you think Mexican government wants nothing to do with it? LOL If it is the Mexican government removed the American flag and replaced American flag with Mexician flag, that means they declared war with the U.S.

These protesters = domestic enemies. Too damned bad that you cannot see it.
No they aren't trying to completely replace the American Flag. They were protesting the existing immigration policies and chose at this one place to make a statement by changing the flag.

It isn't a declaration of war.

Old 07-13-2019, 10:56 PM

And as I read more, I see that it was the actions of a few -- not all the protesters.

Some stupid people thought they would get more attention.

Stupid, ridiculous and perhaps criminals but not a declaration of war .

Old 07-13-2019, 10:58 PM

And the suggestion is - these rogue protesters that did not represent the group that originally organized the vigil outside of the detention center, represent all folks who are concerned with this administration's immigration policies

That's like saying the KKK represents Republicans. They don't.

Old 07-13-2019, 11:01 PM

Quote:
And as I read more, I see that it was the actions of a few -- not all the protesters.

Some stupid people thought they would get more attention.

Stupid, ridiculous and perhaps criminals but not a declaration of war .

well, if you go by the formal definition,

A declaration of war is a formal act by which one state goes to war against another.

Then sure, it is not declaration of war because protesters =/= state

But go by their action, it is certainly declaration of war.

If any government goes to your country illegally, pull down your national flag, and replace it with their national flag, that means war.

So these protesters who participated in this act should be immediately arrested or deported. for your information, nobody claims they represent all illegals. I imagine majority of the illegals know better. I certainly hope so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies