Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 08:37 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times

Advertisements

So because the movie apparently sucks, they can spin it into something bashing white people. Had it gotten good reviews all we'd hear about it is how it embraces and celebrates African culture. If they want to trash European influences on Africa, a live action Tarzan is the movie to do it. Just be sure to point out that it was shambles before and after the Europeans influenced it, there's blame enough to go around.
I guess when the new Little Mermaid movie stinks on ice it will be all the racists fault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2019, 09:00 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
My thing is this. Disney needs to stop doing these live action movies that are rehashed from original cartoon movies of the late 80s to early 2000s. Disney needs to create fresh and new movies designed for a new generation. Doing these live action films only brings new life into old stereotypes prior to the sjw outrage culture that we have now.

The echo chambers will always have something to be outraged about. Look at how the folks on the right are outraged about Ariel being black in the upcoming little mermaid live action. But as that movie comes out, the sjw and the pro black will be jsut as outraged as white nationalist and alt right types. The sjw will made about the patriarchy that exist in the movie, and the affluent white male, and the pro black will be upset that a black woman has white beauty standards. Watch and see. You think Disney can do a live action pocahontas during this cultural political and social climate we are in? No.

Disney attempts to act or appear as woke will back fire with movies like Aladdin, lion king and next year holiday season with little mermaid. Disney wokeness will back fire due to sjws, feminist and the pro black. All of which come from positions of weakness.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 07-14-2019 at 09:12 AM..

Old 07-14-2019, 11:22 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Do you read a newspaper every day?

Our local paper has an 'opinion' section.

The editor of the paper does do articles and I would suggest his opinion pieces are the 'voice' of the paper.

Then there are the letters to the editor....obviously from subscribers.

Then on the next one or two pages there are a number of opinion pieces.

They are from a variety of sources and voice different opinions. I would never assume the paper adopts all the views it presents in those opinion pieces.
So how do the opinion pieces get selected? Random draw?

The newspaper is clearly giving a voice to some views....but not others.

As such, logically they have some ownership because they're deciding whom gets to use their platform.

Imagine if your local newspaper were to start putting in opinion pieces about how the holocaust didn't really happen or someone with allegations of Joe Biden raping them? They get a free pass for that? I mean it's in the opinion section, it's practically an accident that it got printed right? lol

Old 07-14-2019, 11:27 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
My thing is this. Disney needs to stop doing these live action movies that are rehashed from original cartoon movies of the late 80s to early 2000s. Disney needs to create fresh and new movies designed for a new generation. Doing these live action films only brings new life into old stereotypes prior to the sjw outrage culture that we have now.

The echo chambers will always have something to be outraged about. Look at how the folks on the right are outraged about Ariel being black in the upcoming little mermaid live action. But as that movie comes out, the sjw and the pro black will be jsut as outraged as white nationalist and alt right types. The sjw will made about the patriarchy that exist in the movie, and the affluent white male, and the pro black will be upset that a black woman has white beauty standards. Watch and see. You think Disney can do a live action pocahontas during this cultural political and social climate we are in? No.

Disney attempts to act or appear as woke will back fire with movies like Aladdin, lion king and next year holiday season with little mermaid. Disney wokeness will back fire due to sjws, feminist and the pro black. All of which come from positions of weakness.
There is not a movie ever made, or that will be made that someone can not find offense with it.

In todays climate, we have a bunch of people running around looking to be offended and it's jumped the shark.

Frankly, I think there is a growing backlash against what really are a bunch of bitter SJW trolls. Nobody wants to be around people that toxic.

Old 07-14-2019, 12:20 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
They will deconstruct gender roles in Star Wars so that they don't have to call out Muslims for clitorodectomies. Same thing here. If they talk about the Lion King, then they don't have to discuss real problems in Africa and among African Americans.

These people have no shame, sense, honesty, courage, wisdom...and on and on. They exist to create gibberish for their echo-chamber of buffoons.
Wow! That's exciting.

I've never seen Lion King and have no desire to do so. In fact, I have no desire to see anything Disney produces.

Then again, it's WaPo which I consider to be "Way-out Politics."

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Once again folks are confused. When a newspaper posts an opinion piece -- it doesn't mean that the paper itself supports that view.
No, you're confused.

Publishing is support.

Old 07-14-2019, 12:22 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Lions are fascists! Down with lions!

Old 07-14-2019, 12:56 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Lions are fascists! Down with lions!
My birth sign is "Leo".

Does that put me on somebody's sh' list?

Old 07-14-2019, 02:39 PM

5,958 posts, read 2,875,868 times
Whats he talking about " our borders " he lives in the Netherlands [Holland }.?

Old 07-14-2019, 02:48 PM

16,035 posts, read 6,840,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
this is truly embarrassing. ‘Democracy dies in darkness’? really

the Onion couldn’t have come up with anything this moonbatty.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.wa...outputType=amp

Hahahahaha.............
ethnically coded “street” accents ?
I guess Vinnie Paz, Atmosphere,Eminem,Slim Shady,Marshall Mathers,Mac Miller,Beasties, and Asher Roth are all people of color.
Are you ready for it.....................................Ebonics Gentrification......................Hahahaha...... .........
You read it here first.

Old 07-14-2019, 03:09 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,565,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
this is truly embarrassing. ‘Democracy dies in darkness’? really

the Onion couldn’t have come up with anything this moonbatty.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.wa...outputType=amp

These perpetual cries from the deranged SJWs remind me of that game "Bop It." But instead of the bop it, pull it, twist it.........it's racist, sexist, white supremacy. Dun, dun, dun, dun.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies