Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 02:35 PM

18,399 posts, read 6,995,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
But then the alternative is Donald Trump. The Democrats could nominate a serial killer and still run a competitive race.

Well, that's pretty much what y'all did last time.....

And look what happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2019, 02:36 PM

23,715 posts, read 14,826,704 times
If his base has not abandoned him by now, they are his no matter what he does.

All anybody needs to know about the official Republican Party need do is look at Paul Ryan.

Anybody who thought the Tea Party faction was all about a balanced budget and/or no more deficit spending needs to rethink their opinion.

Old 07-15-2019, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Yet Trump goes out of his way to alienate large segments of the population with gratuitous insults and hate filled rants. Some see this as a brilliant strategy of shoring up his base. I see it as Trump shooting himself in the foot. The economy is strong. Markets are up. Business is good. Trump should be riding high but can't reach even 50% approval rating. Why do you suppose that is?

Not everyone sees what you see.

Not everyone thinks the things Trump says are "Hate".

The Left has done their level best to run their entire platform on finding "hate" under every rock.

I have a little clue for you:

The America that I know is sick of it.

Sick of identity politics.

Sick of political correctness.

Sick of being told what horrible people they are for wanting to enforce the rule of law and protect our borders

Sick of being told that they are single handedly responsible for all the evils of the world.

Did you guys not learn anything at all from Hillary's "deplorables" campaign?

Calling the people you want to vote for you racist Nazi pigs is not a good way to win friends and influence people.

And it's certainly not going to help you win this election any more than it did the last one.

Old 07-15-2019, 02:44 PM

5,712 posts, read 2,161,405 times
I thought this was a 2016 topic

Old 07-15-2019, 02:56 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,021,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Not everyone sees what you see.

Not everyone thinks the things Trump says are "Hate".

The Left has done their level best to run their entire platform on finding "hate" under every rock.

I have a little clue for you:

The America that I know is sick of it.

Sick of identity politics.

Sick of political correctness.

Sick of being told what horrible people they are for wanting to enforce the rule of law and protect our borders

Sick of being told that they are single handedly responsible for all the evils of the world.

Did you guys not learn anything at all from Hillary's "deplorables" campaign?

Calling the people you want to vote for you racist Nazi pigs is not a good way to win friends and influence people.

And it's certainly not going to help you win this election any more than it did the last one.
Obviously you won't answer my question but I'll ask it again anyway: With the economy strong, business good, and markets up, why can't Trump reach even 50% favorable approval rating? Any other president with this economy would be at 70% plus. But not Trump. Why is that?

Old 07-15-2019, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Obviously you won't answer my question but I'll ask it again anyway: With the economy strong, business good, and markets up, why can't Trump reach even 50% favorable approval rating? Any other president with this economy would be at 70% plus. But not Trump. Why is that?

Poll takers skew polls to get the results they want.

And they also have a complicit media running the DNC campaign for them 24/7 , telling the whole world what horrible person Trump is for taking two scoops of ice cream and doing the Chicken Little dance over literally everything Trump says and does

In the almost 40 years that I've been voting, I've never been polled once......so why should I, or anyone else, take any stock in polls?

Besides, when was the last time any president polled at 70%?

Old 07-15-2019, 03:12 PM

29,751 posts, read 18,615,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
He's not a man. Anyone who deserves to be called a man does act that way and steal from fellow Americans at a bogus university. That has to be explained to you? Where and how were you raised? Sad for you that you consider a spineless slimy worm your standard bearer.
I was raised with white privilege to work hard, pay your own way and not leach off the government, obey the laws, teach your children, sacrifice for family, hate no one, save and invest for the future, help others when they need it....in other words, the opposite of lying demonicrats.

Old 07-15-2019, 03:17 PM

7,810 posts, read 4,515,431 times
Quote:

And they also have a complicit media running the DNC campaign for them 24/7 , telling the whole world what horrible person Trump is for taking two scoops of ice cream and doing the Chicken Little dance over literally everything Trump says and does

In the almost 40 years that I've been voting, I've never been polled once......so why should I, or anyone else, take any stock in polls?

Weak sauce.

Old 07-15-2019, 03:19 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,021,327 times
Quote:

And they also have a complicit media running the DNC campaign for them 24/7 , telling the whole world what horrible person Trump is for taking two scoops of ice cream.

Obama's highest rating: 69%
Bush II: 90%
Clinton: 73%
Bush I: 89%
Reagan: 71%
Carter: 74%
Ford: 70%

Trump: 46%

Old 07-15-2019, 03:24 PM

7,810 posts, read 4,515,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
If his base has not abandoned him by now, they are his no matter what he does.

All anybody needs to know about the official Republican Party need do is look at Paul Ryan.

Anybody who thought the Tea Party faction was all about a balanced budget and/or no more deficit spending needs to rethink their opinion.
But why continue to pander to them when, as you say they are locked in at the expense of planting doubts in the minds of those more moderate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies