Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 06:25 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times

Advertisements

People who are obsessed with racism and who see everything through the lens of racism, are racists. And that applies to everyone, regardless of what their skin color is or what their political affiliations are.

Case closed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2019, 06:27 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Better get your own house in order. Hard left msm is working for dems, but this cant be ignored.
https://news.yahoo.com/increasingly-...212740912.html

An increasingly public, racially-charged rift in the Democratic party is widening after attacks are lobbed between Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's camp and the Democratic establishment

Well, Trump just did the one thing we thought couldn't be done. Mending the rift in the democratic party by suggesting 4 American members of congress go back to where they came from.

Way to Go Trump!

Old 07-14-2019, 06:32 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
I for one am enjoying the show. For at least the last 10 years the Dems have taken delight in labeling all opponents as one of the following or all the above.
Racist
Sexist
Xenophobe
Homophobe
Isolationist
Deplorable.

The Democrat party became the party of labels and calling names. Now they are doing it to each other.

If you disagreed with Obama's policies, you couldn't finish a sentence without the race card being thrown in your face. Now I took it very personally because My family is composed of 3 different races, including black.

Who in the hell do these politicians, who are supposed to represent all of us, think they are? They are public damned servants and not very good ones at that. They suck at their jobs. There is a reason that their approval rating was and is lower than GWB's. Who are they to label anyone?

Now the party of name callers, (I love when democrats call Trump a name caller), are calling each other racists.
The irony is that it is mostly self hating whites who use the race card the most.

I like AOC. She isn't afraid of Pelosi or any of the established Democrats. She isn't wrong for calling them out. Yes Pelosi and company are all for people of color, as long as said people don't disagree or rock the boat. Know your damned place. LOL

Old 07-14-2019, 06:59 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I for one am enjoying the show. For at least the last 10 years the Dems have taken delight in labeling all opponents as one of the following or all the above.
Racist
Sexist
Xenophobe
Homophobe
Isolationist
Deplorable.

The Democrat party became the party of labels and calling names. Now they are doing it to each other.

If you disagreed with Obama's policies, you couldn't finish a sentence without the race card being thrown in your face. Now I took it very personally because My family is composed of 3 different races, including black.

Who in the hell do these politicians, who are supposed to represent all of us, think they are? They are public damned servants and not very good ones at that. They suck at their jobs. There is a reason that their approval rating was and is lower than GWB's. Who are they to label anyone?

Now the party of name callers, (I love when democrats call Trump a name caller), are calling each other racists.
The irony is that it is mostly self hating whites who use the race card the most.

I like AOC. She isn't afraid of Pelosi or any of the established Democrats. She isn't wrong for calling them out. Yes Pelosi and company are all for people of color, as long as said people don't disagree or rock the boat. Know your damned place. LOL
Don't forget transphobe!

Old 07-14-2019, 07:27 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Well, Trump just did the one thing we thought couldn't be done. Mending the rift in the democratic party by suggesting 4 American members of congress go back to where they came from.

Way to Go Trump!
I don't believe Trump specifically singled out the 4 (AOC, etc). In the story I saw, it was a generic remark. Do you have a quote?

Old 07-14-2019, 07:29 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Don't forget transphobe!
True, but to be fair, conservatives do tend to be transphobic. LOL

Old 07-14-2019, 08:34 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Racism is the central pillar of the Democrat party's political values. Nothing is more important to them.

If anyone can identify anything else that the Democrat left puts a higher value on than racism, please do tell us what you think that is.
i got nothin’

Old 07-14-2019, 08:41 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:

Way to Go Trump!
ah, the rift is now magically mended?
hilarious!

Old 07-14-2019, 09:45 PM

78,394 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
1. Your post is the equivalent of the racist neighbor telling the multiracial family to not worry about him, because he once heard the white step son say he doesnt like rap music, LOL, its not the same.

2. You could have actually taken this opportunity to call out AOC for race baiting(which would have been a truthful statement), but instead you took the opportunity to call Democrats the "real racist" and showed that this is why we can never have honest conversations about race in America.

To wrap this up. Nancy Pelsoi has never once come after any of these freshmen women of color; Lucy McBath( black),Jahana Hayes(black),Debbie Mucarsel-Powell(hispanic), Donna Shalala(Lebanese), Lauren Underwood(black), Sharice Davids(black/native american), Deb Haaland(native) Xochitl Torres Small(Native), and Veronica Escobar (hispanic).

AOC trying to call people racist is just a lie. Its her stupid comments that get her called out.
In general your post is solid and I agree with a lot of it.

However, gender and racial politics are so endemic at this point with politics (I'll refrain from pointing party fingers) that it points out not that they are racist but that those are weapons just unleashed willy nilly at the drop of a hat.

This isn't just Trump, it *really* started up hot and heavy in 2008 in the primaries. We had a lot of very heated discussions in various forums about how Hillary supporters were racist. Even the Clintons....racist.

These days, as I've noted in posts here, there have been gender\race attacks on Beto, Bernie and Biden on CNN via not their opinion pieces but in their own political section by Pro-Kamala writers.

Basically, Hillary (racist), Bernie (racist and hates women) and Biden (racist and pervert towards women) have all been attacked and to turn a blind eye to it is likely linked to the fact that it's enjoyed when the target is Trump etc. Please note that ALL of the attacks I noted in () are from within their own party.

Old 07-14-2019, 09:48 PM

78,394 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:

Way to Go Trump!
He didn't mend anything. Just watch the upcoming carnage over the next 6 months as front runners face a battery of racism, harrassment etc. claims.

Just imagine circa 1960 and replace communist with racist or sexist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies