U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 12:22 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,154,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Well, a little eccentric post, but yea, never understood those who struggle in these absurdly high cost areas, when they can make the same income in a much lower COL area and live better.

I am not talking about the 23 year old grad trying to climb the ladder, living in the metro area with such opportunities, I am talking about the dude who has no skills other than retail, serving, etc, maybe a family, yet will struggle for their entire life living in a high COL area.
Thanks to the liberal elitists..all of America will soon be unaffordable. Liberals are spreading like cancer around America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 12:49 AM

13,988 posts, read 10,930,642 times
I'm sure there are enough dairy farm jobs for us all, what with the agricultural sector in the midst of a major boom. Farmers everywhere!

Old Today, 12:51 AM

13,988 posts, read 10,930,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
Thanks to the liberal elitists..all of America will soon be unaffordable. Liberals are spreading like cancer around America.
If cost of living is high, that's an indicator of economic success and resulting high demand for living space. If no one wanted to be in those fancy liberal cities, prices would go down. Economics 101, right? Conversely, East Bumble****, Idaho is cheap because about ten people want to live there.

Old Today, 01:10 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,154,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
If cost of living is high, that's an indicator of economic success and resulting high demand for living space. If no one wanted to be in those fancy liberal cities, prices would go down. Economics 101, right? Conversely, East Bumble****, Idaho is cheap because about ten people want to live there.

Id rather live in east bumbles**t Idaho any day over your smug, self centered a**hole liberal elitist cities, Its funny you live in Portland or Seattle for while and trying to make friends is like trying to jump over the moon. Then you move to downhome West Virginia or to Tennessee. Or To Missouri...and you make ten friends in one week. Truth be told. Most liberal smug elitists are money loving, status obsessed. judgmental snobs who will shun you based on what you have and how much you make..and what position you hold. Pure a**holes. Especially liberal women in these liberal cities, You go down to Branson Missouri for instance ..and everyone chats with you,,invites you over...and etc, They don't give a hoot about what you have. Give me downhome country folk any day over an icy cold NYC smug liberal

Old Today, 01:37 AM

1,854 posts, read 912,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I'm sure there are enough dairy farm jobs for us all, what with the agricultural sector in the midst of a major boom. Farmers everywhere!
Dairy farms are in financial trouble. I'm sure they've got lots of jobs for everyone.

Old Today, 01:46 AM

17,253 posts, read 19,555,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Yes, take a roommate. Then, when the roommate doesn't pay his/her half of the rent, you end up with an eviction on your record. Good luck getting a decent place to live then.
I always found the idea of having a roommate to be a strange way to live. I prefer my own space.

Different strokes, I guess.

Old Today, 02:25 AM

1,854 posts, read 912,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I always found the idea of having a roommate to be a strange way to live. I prefer my own space.

Different strokes, I guess.
I see it as dangerous. It's easy for a person to pretend to be all super nice when you're first getting to know the person. I majored in criminal justice. I've been a victim of violent crime and studied about it happening to others. I had my own family stealing from me my whole life. I'd never trust anyone enough to have a roommate.

Old Today, 02:46 AM

21,477 posts, read 14,387,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
They all want to live in the cool areas and do easy work or not bother working at all. Instead of living in LA which you can't afford, move to Long Prairie, MN and work on a dairy farm. You get at least $12/hr which is plenty to split an apartment for $500/mo. Yeah, no Starbucks latte, deal with it. This will drive illegals out too. Stop avoiding the work and lifestyle you need to stay afloat.
Are you living in Long Prarie? nyc, or are you planning to move there soon?

Or are you only telling the other guy what he should do with his life, but never what you would do with yours?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or