U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:51 PM

50,698 posts, read 26,743,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
The post you quote asked for back up of your outlandish claims. Your reply does not provide any. Complete non-sequitur.
Lol...exactly. You can’t let me make you implicate yourself. You and I both know your answers, and they’d be quite damning. You’re a Southern sympathizer to the hilt. Giving honest answers would easily prove it, wouldn’t it?

See, I know how to get right to the heart of the matter. I know you right wingers all too well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:56 PM
TKO

2,963 posts, read 3,106,461 times
They'd be the mainstream Republicans who've ceded their party to populist anger and bigotry. They're still around they're just really quite these days.

Old Yesterday, 08:02 PM
Status: "I said God Bless the Coal Miners Union" (set 2 hours ago)

3,397 posts, read 593,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol...exactly. You can’t let me make you implicate yourself. You and I both know your answers, and they’d be quite damning. You’re a Southern sympathizer to the hilt. Giving honest answers would easily prove it, wouldn’t it?

See, I know how to get right to the heart of the matter. I know you right wingers all too well.
Again, your psychic powers have badly malfunctioned. I am not a 'Southern sympathizer.' Nor am I a 'right winger.' Stop trying to channel the late Miss Cleo--it won't work.

Old Yesterday, 09:56 PM

50,698 posts, read 26,743,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Again, your psychic powers have badly malfunctioned. I am not a 'Southern sympathizer.' Nor am I a 'right winger.' Stop trying to channel the late Miss Cleo--it won't work.
I know all the right questions to ask. You saw’em and said “uh oh...I’m not touching that!”

Stop it. You’re a right wing conservative Republican.

Old Today, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I know all the right questions to ask. You saw’em and said “uh oh...I’m not touching that!”

Stop it. You’re a right wing conservative Republican.
Where did I say that? I didn't. Please stop shoving words into the mouths of other posters. It's a dishonest and despicable debating tactic.

Old Today, 12:12 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,089,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I don’t completely agree. The parties were opposite though. Back then you had a legitimate “Christian Left” which doesn’t really exist today. It was lead by mainland Protestant churches that today’s conservative Christians consider apostate. The conservative Democrats, back then, were aligned with the Southern Baptist Church, which split from the Northern Baptists over slavery. Today, the Southern Baptist Church is at the forefront of the Republican Party and continually fights against progress, justice, and equality, just like back then.
My old doctor is Christian left.

walks the walk too.

Flew to Haiti to help out a day or two after the big earthquake. Raises money for Haiti. Has built clinics...

Yes I know a rare bird these days.

Works until 11 on Wednesdays. I remember him telling me, "because many of my working patients will not take an hour off work to come see me."

Old Today, 12:15 PM

7,275 posts, read 4,199,403 times
So basically libertarians. Which are ostracized by both parties.

Old Today, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
My old doctor is Christian left.

walks the walk too.

Flew to Haiti to help out a day or two after the big earthquake. Raises money for Haiti. Has built clinics...

Yes I know a rare bird these days.

Works until 11 on Wednesdays. I remember him telling me, "because many of my working patients will not take an hour off work to come see me."
I'm not religious but my impression is that there are plenty of 'Christian left.' The pope, for example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or