Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 07:32 AM

78,376 posts, read 60,566,039 times

Advertisements

Thread theme song courtesy of Def Leopard. Oooh, maybe it could be a walk-up song like in baseball....

https://www.google.com/search?source...10.Z66W6VE1K2s

[quote][/Out of touch, out of reach, yeah
You could try to get closer to me
I'm in luck, I'm in deep, yeah
Hypnotized, I'm shakin' to my knees
I gotta know tonight
If you're alone tonight
Can't stop this feeling
Can't stop this fight

Oh, I get hysterical, hysteria
Oh can you feel it, do you believe it?
It's such a magical mysteria
When you get that feelin', better start believin'
'Cause it's a miracle, oh say you will, ooh babe
Hysteria when you're near

Out of me, into you yeah
You could hide it's just a one way street
Oh, I believe I'm in you, yeah
Open wide, that's right, dream me off my feet
Oh, believe in me

I gotta know tonight
If you're alone tonight
Can't stop this feeling
Can't stop this fire

Oh, I get hysterical, hysteria
Oh can you feel it, do you believe it?
It's… QUOTE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2019, 07:33 AM

13,955 posts, read 5,621,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Prove it wrong.
How does one disprove a hypothetical scenario conjured by an hysterical fever dream?

It is logically impossible to prove a negative or that which is not there. This "prediction" exists only in so far as a name put to one of infinite possibilities of a future timeline. None can be proved or disproved because uhm...the uncertainty principle and chaos theory?

I can no more disprove your fever dream hysterics any more than you can provide a valid proof of same. We would both be attempting to "prove" how the 137,945th coin flip of a silver dollar would affect the shift of the Earth's magnetic north. Proving or disproving that hypothetical outcome would be impossible, ne-c'est pas?

Old 07-15-2019, 07:34 AM

78,376 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, you're saying the earth's climate isn't suppose to ever change?
Hey, 90% of Wisconsin and their resident cheddar heads under a mile of glacier sounds pretty good to me.

Old 07-15-2019, 07:35 AM

18,434 posts, read 8,268,923 times
doesn't 3rd warmest year...mean it was warmer 2 times before....and that it's not getting any warmer but staying the same or lower

Old 07-15-2019, 07:37 AM

31,031 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Phew, I thought you were talking about Barbara Streisand flying her dogs 10,000 miles so they could watch her perform! What a relief!
Or when the Leftist elite flew their gas guzzling private planes half way around the world to Paris, with their Musicians to save the planet from gas guzzlers

Old 07-15-2019, 07:58 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, you're saying the earth's climate isn't suppose to ever change?
From the human perspective, no, it is not supposed to change, especially not this much this fast.
Unless there are huge natural events like the eruption of giant volcanoes or meteor hits in the past, the climate changes rather slowly.

Old 07-15-2019, 08:00 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
From the human perspective, no, it is not supposed to change, especially not this much this fast.
Unless there are huge natural events like the eruption of giant volcanoes or meteor hits in the past, the climate changes rather slowly.
The SUN causes the planet to change and sometimes quickly as has happened before.

Old 07-15-2019, 08:17 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The SUN causes the planet to change and sometimes quickly as has happened before.
But it is not "supposed to" happen because we utterly depend on the climate we have had until recently, our agriculture etc. depends on it.
From what I read, there was some huge climate event in the Middle Ages, and it caused mass starvation in Europe and elsewhere.

Old 07-15-2019, 09:21 AM

4,336 posts, read 1,554,059 times
Quote:
Even you will understand sooner or later...
I doubt, as you predict, that I will EVER understand why loser-types call their betters "morons". Perhaps you are trying to make yourself look big, but it has the opposite effect. You just show your "smallness", in SPADES.

Old 07-15-2019, 09:27 AM

4,336 posts, read 1,554,059 times
Quote:
From your own link:
It's also important to note that 2019's chilly start in the nation's northern tier is an outlier from the rest of the world. Earth was on track to have its third warmest year on record through the end of May.
"On record" is an important qualifier. The fact is that the "record" is way too short and way to inconsistently-measured to be of any value whatsoever. Give me 2,000 years of accurately-measured data and we can talk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies