U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 10:36 AM

788 posts, read 139,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
Its sad how good Trump is at getting his followers to hate an entire group of people.
Invaders? Yes, I hated them long before Trump. I even hated them back when Obama was condemning them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2019, 10:38 AM

1,545 posts, read 716,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
It will be challenged in court and thrown out as it should be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
why should it be thrown out? real asylum seekers would apply for asylum in the first safe country, not the one with the most bennies.
Simple, the policy would be good for America and a political win for our President. The loony left hates American and POTUS.

Old 07-15-2019, 10:38 AM

40,571 posts, read 40,073,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Our gang against your gang mentality.... The right side of history has never been a Democrat trait.
I've never seen anything like the current climate we have now. It's like people have lost their damn minds. I was too young for the 60's political unrest. The shift in how people are thinking, I don't know, is it really a small vocal minority or what??

I don't know how we got to the point where is America is bad, foreigners are automatically good, our politicians openly pandering to people that are here illegally, I mean a serious serious WTH is going on.

Free college, free this free that, benefits for illegals, the democrats are literally whoring themselves for votes and power.

Repubs aren't much better, at least they don't appear to calling for benefits for people that shouldn't even be in the country in the first place. I'll give them that much.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:21 AM

27,015 posts, read 19,150,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
Its sad how good Trump is at getting his followers to hate an entire group of people.
what a pathetic post.

leftist excuse for a mind now thinks not taking in the entire world = 'hate'

Old 07-15-2019, 11:25 AM

27,678 posts, read 17,707,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Isn't this already a thing? It makes no sense that someone could walk thousands of miles through several countries just to claim asylum in the US. I thought they had to claim it in the next country over?

Well this is a start but will it do any good when their ultimate goal is to get to the US to take advantage of our gullible generosity. This might slow down the caravans and put the coyotes out of work but how will we know if someone follows the new law? They lie now by grabbing some kids and claiming them as their own. They lie about their names to escape arrest warrants in their homelands. They lie about how bad it is at home for them and how much they fear for their lives.

If this new law does get passed the Democrats will just do their best to block it.
My understanding is that it's a matter of semantics. If they "apply" in other nations, currently they are applying for "refugee status". That requires that they do so in the first "safe" country they come to. Once they get into our country it's "asylum".

And you're undoubtedly right, the left will continue their 2 year temper tantrum.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:26 AM

4,044 posts, read 1,236,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Wow. Do a majority of his supporters truly believe this?
How did you generalize an entire group from one random post on the internet?

Old 07-15-2019, 11:29 AM

5,429 posts, read 1,466,431 times
This is already the international standard for how asylum works - you go to the first safe country you can. In this case, it's Mexico, which for all its problems, has made tremendous progress over the past 30 years and is now a relatively rich and safe country, particularly compared to the northern triangle of countries.

There is no reason they should be making their way to the United States for asylum. If they wish to try to immigrate to the US under the legal immigration system, for school, financial reasons, etc, more power to them, but they should not be taking advantage of the asylum system.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:30 AM

8,274 posts, read 2,456,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Not sure he won't face legal challenges on this one. The U.S. allows asylum to those on American soil.
Not anymore, it would seem.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:37 AM

9,066 posts, read 2,799,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
why should it be thrown out? real asylum seekers would apply for asylum in the first safe country, not the one with the most bennies.
First safe country is the key. Not every country they travel through is safe. Hence, the legal right to asylum in the U.S.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:39 AM

9,066 posts, read 2,799,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
Simple, the policy would be good for America and a political win for our President. The loony left hates American and POTUS.
No matter how many times people here talk about leftists hating the country, it doesn't make it so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or