U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2019, 01:28 PM

3,597 posts, read 1,055,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
Do more reading and research, buddy.
HB, your graph is "growth"....change from the base...and does not show growth from what base

Obama started at a much lower base....was easier when the only way was up...so he grew the economy faster....0 to 10 is easier than 10 to 20

Old 07-15-2019, 01:28 PM

24,619 posts, read 12,859,740 times
I have one friend who has been very upset about all the criticism of Trump and his policies in the last two years.

This morning she posted criticism of his tweets.

She will still vote Republican because that's what she does.

She's the base - -maybe not a Trump fan -- but a member of the base.

But Trump won the last election with swing voters, independents -- and not by a landslide -- by a total of 80K votes in three states.

All you need is those people not to like these tweets.

Doubling down on those statements today and defending that he doesn't regret his tweet because others agree with him does little to make this better for Trump & Republicans.

Don't get me wrong -- I know that Republican base will not shift because of these comments.

So what....that's not what is at stake at the next election.

Old 07-15-2019, 01:29 PM

28,267 posts, read 19,690,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
He didn't "criticize" them.

He said they should "go back where they came from."
wrong. he asked 'why don't they'. and then ---

wait for it ---

come back afterwards.

Quote:
That's racist.
it isn't. no matter how badly you wish it.

Quote:
If he said "I think that AOC's views on (pick a topic) are unreasonable and I think that a more conservative approach to (whatever topic) is best for America"... THAT WOULD BE CRITICISM.

Any sort of "go back where you came from" chatter aimed at people of color is always going to come across as racist to anyone reasonable.
good thing he didn't tell them to do that then, right?

Quote:
It's extremely unbecoming of a US President to state that members of Congress he disagrees with should "go back to their own country"... and it's really stupid sounding when 3 out of 4 of them are FROM THE UNITED STATES IN THE FIRST PLACE.
well you can calm down now. he didn't state that they should do that. but if they were to do so, they should come back.

simple solution to your tizzy-fit.

24,619 posts, read 12,859,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
he asked why she didn't go there, then come back. how is that racist, again?
Whatever you want to think -- even his fan boy Graham thinks he should stick to policy and drop the personal attacks.

Whatever you think -- there are Republicans who support Trump who don't support these statements.

34,763 posts, read 29,554,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Whatever people. You've all been calling Trump a racist from the get go. Is this supposed to be breaking news? As if you all suddenly decided he was a racist?

Ilhan does need to go back to her country. That has nothing to do with "race". It's because she clearly hates America - so then go back where the hell you came from.

He is singling her out because she has spewed out all her rage at Trump and this country - that's why.

But go ahead and ignore reality and screech "racism", cause we've never heard that bs before.
America IS her country.

She's been a citizen here longer than she was one in Somalia.

Maybe someone who was forced out of a country as a refugee has a good handle on what is WRONG in a country?

I don't say I align with what she stands for 100%, but she's got her right to opinions of this country, good and bad. She is a LEGAL CITIZEN.

Old 07-15-2019, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
3 of the 4's craphole countries of origin are the United States (and the 4th is a legal immigrant who worked to become a citizen) and they are doing just that: trying to fix it. AOC's heritage may be Puerto Rican but guess what? Puerto Ricans are American, too.

Odd how he singles out 4 women of color to identify as not being born in this country. It's almost like he's racist or something.
Shocking, isn't it?

No? Yeah... it's not shocking at all.

It's his usual.

Old 07-15-2019, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchtoecig View Post
This whole sh*tstorm has been brought to you by the case of massive attention whoring. Attention *****-in-chief said something bad about attention-whores-in-training. Works as a distraction like a charm. Not a single person in that clusterf*ck does the job he or she was elected to do. Nobody there is doing the job of properly representing you or any part of you. But I'm afraid that many of you will realize it once it is too late. Or not even then.
I'm pretty sure this is an Epstein distraction, really.

Old 07-15-2019, 01:32 PM

2,890 posts, read 4,586,949 times
Quote:
He didn't "criticize" them.

He said they should "go back where they came from."

That's racist.

If he said "I think that AOC's views on (pick a topic) are unreasonable and I think that a more conservative approach to (whatever topic) is best for America"... THAT WOULD BE CRITICISM.

Any sort of "go back where you came from" chatter aimed at people of color is always going to come across as racist to anyone reasonable.

Sorry... I know you love to defend even his stupidest statements, man, but he stepped in his own poop on this one.
Yet Nancy Pelosi herself was the one saying that the Trump administration is all about "making America white again". Her crap was racist. His tweet said nothing about specific color.
Trump has been about America. Regardless of color. He only became a racist when he chose to run for office.

Old 07-15-2019, 01:35 PM

5,097 posts, read 3,806,102 times
Quote:
Well, since Omar came here during the Somalian refugee crisis, maybe she's got a unique perspective on the problems we now have here in the US and doesn't want to have to move yet again?

Just a thought.

I don't actually agree with everything any of them say, but Trump was foolish to lash out at elected officials in this manner simply because they disagree with him.
Her unique perspective is: ISIS really isn't that bad.

Old 07-15-2019, 01:36 PM

28,267 posts, read 19,690,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Whatever you want to think -- even his fan boy Graham thinks he should stick to policy and drop the personal attacks.

Whatever you think -- there are Republicans who support Trump who don't support these statements.
it's not about what i think. it's what he actually said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or