U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2019, 02:15 PM

21,799 posts, read 11,922,040 times

Advertisements

His poll numbers went up.

Old 07-15-2019, 02:17 PM

5,328 posts, read 1,487,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
His poll numbers went up.
Polls, especially if you are using composite polls (which if you want to use polls at all you should be) are lagging indicators... you won't see the public opinion results of this for another couple weeks. JS.

Old 07-15-2019, 02:56 PM

34,763 posts, read 29,598,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
wrong. he asked 'why don't they'. and then ---

wait for it ---

come back afterwards.

it isn't. no matter how badly you wish it.

good thing he didn't tell them to do that then, right?

well you can calm down now. he didn't state that they should do that. but if they were to do so, they should come back.

simple solution to your tizzy-fit.
I'm calm as hell... I am not surprised he said any of this mess, and to some degree, I'm not terribly surprised at the supporters who DO condone it. Not all of them, anyway.

Some, yes... I'm disappointed in them, maybe that's the right word.

But, no... I don't run around screaming, I don't want MSNBC, I don't even have cable TV.

I don't do marches and I don't own a pink p-hat.

I don't misspell Trump's name... etc.

I just think he's woefully inept and lacking in good character.

And a racist, frankly.

Old 07-15-2019, 03:02 PM

2,759 posts, read 737,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
They are.

Please show me in the 3 tweets he posted covering this where he said "non-white".
Are you trying to tell me that he was referencing white congresswomen? Which ones do you think he was attacking?

"Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all)…."

Whom do you think Trump attacked in his xenophobic and racial rant? Who do you think he was referencing if not US citizens that are non-white congresswomen?

The only foreign born congresswomen who are Democrats are non-white:

Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) Somalia
Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-Wash.), India
Rep. Debbie Mucarsel-Powell (D-Fla.), Ecuador
Rep. Stephanie Murphy (D-Fla.), Vietnam
Rep. Norma J. Torres (D-Calif.), Guatemala

Did he mean those non- white women above?
Or did he reference the congresswomen who have recently clashed with the Speaker and did he ignorantly think 3 of these 4 non-white women were born somewhere other than the U.S, cause he did say go back to your countries?

Rep Ocasio-Cortez, (D -NY) born in NY
Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) born in Detroit
Rep. Ayanna Pressley (D-Mass.) born in Cincinnati
Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) as noted above was born in Somalia

Well, we are quite accustomed to Donald Trump's tweets on these kinds of things as they are often somewhat carefully crafted — enough to give some plausible deniability to his followers and apologists. It’s pretty clear to everyone else, though, whom this attack was directed, but even if it were the other list he cannot escape no matter what the apologists try to spin. All of the women are non-white. They are non-white U.S citizens and his remarks were xenophobic and racist and meant to cause division and hate and fear.

Folks in the US and over the world are condemning him and rightly so! They are tired of Donald's worn out birtherism tactics. Period!

Last edited by corpgypsy; 07-15-2019 at 03:38 PM.. Reason: grammar mistake

Old 07-15-2019, 03:02 PM

Quote:
He never called America a 'sh!thole' he called other places like Haiti and El Salvador that.
Since 3 out of 4 of the people he was telling to go back to their country were BORN IN THE USA?

Yes... he did.

Old 07-15-2019, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Our media is not making people crazy over non-issues. They are reporting Donald Trump's tweets. You know, the platform that he uses to conduct the business of the government and rally his supporters. The tweets are issues and big ones.

Are you saying you want to pretend that the President of the United States didn't tell non-white congresswomen to return to the countries they came from? That it is the media's fault for reporting Trump's exact racist and xenophobic words?
Boggles the mind, doesn't it?

It's like everyone's supposed to ignore it and let him say and do whatever he wants because... MAGA, or something nonsensical.

Old 07-15-2019, 03:03 PM

5,682 posts, read 4,477,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
trump:

'why don't leftist buffoons go back to their craphole countries of origin, fix them, then come back and tell us how they did it?'

leftists:

'RRRRRRRAAAAAACISSTT!!!!!!!!!!!'
Yea, I donít see how those comments are racist. The truth hurts I guess.

Old 07-15-2019, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
They have to follow him because he won the election. The voters chose him. That's what democracy is all about.
Not how that works. Those people won elections, too. Congress does not FOLLOW the President. They SERVE the voters.

The voters who voted for EACH of the members of Congress.

Old 07-15-2019, 03:05 PM

Quote:
They are.

Please show me in the 3 tweets he posted covering this where he said "non-white".
Are you really planning to pretend you have no clue to whom he was referring? LOL.

Old 07-15-2019, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Well no, we don't. Anyone that follows anyone on twitter or any other social media is an idiot and a lemming.

It is funny how people are all butt hurt about it though.
What alternate reality exists where voters blow it off when Presidents say stupid, racist crap?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or