U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 06:50 PM

12,930 posts, read 3,551,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I agree with Trumpís comments even though they were a little bit over the top.

The 4 Congress women in question donít deserve to be representatives in our national government. This is especially true of Omar. Who in the world thinks that any of them stand for American values?

The Democrat support of illegal immigrants in the United States is incomprehensible and anti-American.
I don't like them either, but I don't see how you or I feel about them matters.

The only people whose opinions matter on that issue belong to the people eligible to vote in their districts, and all four of them got elected.

Old 07-15-2019, 06:55 PM

12,930 posts, read 3,551,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
so it's okay to 'attack' the president but not other politicians?

this is confusing.
Trump should let it go.

He shouldn't engage in what is known as 'punching down'.

He's the President.

Old 07-15-2019, 07:17 PM

5,677 posts, read 4,470,060 times
These idiots don’t realize that by over using the word racist it loses its power. It’s like how some black people call each other the n word.... it loses its power.

Old 07-15-2019, 07:55 PM

2,627 posts, read 1,170,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Yep: Trump telling nonwhite congresswomen to return to the countries they came from is divisive. Cause they are American citizens. Duly elected congresswomen and Democratic representatives for whom America is home. He used xenophobic and racist rhetoric, 2 of his favorite tools to create more divide. Read the tweets all of them. Doubling down is not helpful, just dizzying.
Cut the crap about "divide." You and AOC and Ilhan Omar are as divisive as anyone. You attack people who you don't like and who you disagree with, same as Trump or anyone on the right. So spare us the sanctimony.

Old 07-15-2019, 09:15 PM

19,778 posts, read 17,826,356 times
Twitter? You do know how partisan they are to the left, don't you?

Old 07-15-2019, 09:23 PM

12,340 posts, read 3,111,158 times
Twitter is mostly bots and fake accounts, from what I've heard. Z list celebs buy them to pad their accounts.

Old 07-15-2019, 10:49 PM

34,763 posts, read 29,554,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
He may, he may not.

haha!! You're cute. My statement is exactly what it is. Once again, hatred is so strong that you are also trying to twist stuff.
He never said a specific race. He said congresswomen. Kept it very general until his press conference today. I know that 1 of the 4 was born outside of the US.

I read everything...both sides, then go from there.
Once again...you never showed me in that collection of 3 tweets where he went full on racist.

haha...No he didn't. If he thinks something is a sh!thole, he would say it.

See, thats the beautiful thing. I'm not. The media is the master of gaslighters. It really is amazing when you don't listen to the media, listen to things in their entirety on your own. Views change.
That carny grifter POTUS has you thinking the news media cannot be trusted and he can.

The latter being the scary part.

Old 07-15-2019, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
so it's okay to 'attack' the president but not other politicians?

this is confusing.
It is fine to be critical of all politicians.

It's not okay for the POTUS to say racist and/or xenophobic things about anyone, much less the elected members of Congress.

Presidents are supposed to be leaders of the ENTIRE country... not just their "base."

Old 07-15-2019, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Trump isn't racist and most people know this so the word "racist" has lost all meaning and I don't even care if people call ME racist anymore. It just shows their low IQ and/or lack of substance.
I rarely discuss this, but my IQ is quite high.

So is my knowledge of the Constitution and the political process... I was majoring in Pol Sci before I began my History MA.

The only reason the word "racist" doesn't matter to a good chunk of Trump supporters is because they are.

Racist, that is.

And, they don't care if they are.

Old 07-15-2019, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
If he told a White Russian immigrant the same thing everyone would be cool with what he said. The level of mental retardation that has gripped the left.
I don't think he should be telling citizens to "go back where they came from" but telling a POC that is a bit different than being a white guy and telling a white person that.

I am not surprised you don't see the difference, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or