Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 05:21 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,765,878 times

Advertisements

EVERYBODY knows it's the muslims who are responsible for this.

Pretty handy that you can't get the stats because it's conveniently politically incorrect to take that information when solving a crime.

Quote:
The sad reality is the violence we're seeing on our streets today is an appalling side effect of increasing inequality and alienation caused by years of austerity and neglect.â€

— Sadiq Khan
https://www.foxnews.com/world/united...h-london-mayor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2019, 05:50 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
EVERYBODY knows it's the muslims who are responsible for this
Interesting. Last time everyone "knew" the reason was their gun laws.

Whatever gets you through the night......

Quote:
Pretty handy that you can't get the stats because it's conveniently politically incorrect to take that information when solving a crime
So, you make a claim, and you blame your inability to back it up on political correctness

Old 07-19-2019, 05:52 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,250,687 times
<SARCASM>

NO NO NO!!!! BAN KNIVES!!!! NO REASON ANYONE SHOULD OWN A KNIFE!!!
No reason in this day in age that people need to keep dangerous knives in your house!!!
only red neck hill billies own knives!! c'mon its 2019.

</SARCASM>

Old 07-19-2019, 05:58 AM

16,035 posts, read 6,840,321 times
Dear Lord,I hope the next wave of crime does not utilize a roll of toilet paper
as choice of weapon........................then what?

Old 07-19-2019, 06:21 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.â€" (set 1 day ago)

27,163 posts, read 13,449,232 times
Actually serious violence relating to hosptal admissions is falling, whilst an increase in levels in knife crime most probaby reflects the fact that the police are now using a lot of stop and search, and if you are found with a knife, it's recorded as a crime. As for blaming Muslims, that's simply not true, indeed knife crime can take many forms from domentic violene, to rbbery to street gangs etc.

The murder rate in London is also once again declining, although last years homicide rate of 133 homicides in a city of 9 million, with 3 million daily commuters and 20 million foreign visitors was a lot better than many other cities around the world.

Met police chief hails fall in violent crime in London | UK news | The Guardian (2019)

Stabbings and murders plummet in London as Met commissioner hails stop and search (2019)

This Is London's Murder Rate Compared To Major US Cities | HuffPost (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC News

Overall levels of violence in England and Wales are on the decline, in spite of an increase in knife crime, a study of A&E data suggests.

Analysis by Cardiff University found admissions of patients injured in violent attacks dropped 1.7% in 2018.It indicates a rise in knife crime, gun crime and homicide recorded by police is not part of a wider upsurge.The study's authors said the rise of "high harm" crimes amid falling overall violence was "difficult to explain".

Fewer people injured in violent attacks - A&E data study - BBC News (2019)

Violent Cime Not At Record Levels - FullFacts (2019)

The nature of violent crime in England and Wales - Office for National Statstics (2019)
The UK is also putting in place knife provention orders, relating to stop and search, and has sert up violent crime reduction units, whilst both Prime Minesterial candidates in terms of Johnson and Hunt have promised an extra 20,000 police officers.

Boris Johnson promises 20000 extra police officers if he becomes prime minister - ITV News

However Khan can be criticised for being against stop and search, the very thing that is now helng to reduce knife crime and also in relation to using police officers for his own hate crime agenda rather than having them deal with knife crime. Khan has not been a good mayor and may well lose the bext election in 2020, but that doesn't mean London has a high crime rate fir a city of it's size or that muslims can be blamed for stabbing and violent crime.

Last edited by Brave New World; 07-19-2019 at 06:37 AM..

Old 07-19-2019, 06:47 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
The knife laws were enacted due to Muslim extremist knife attacks. More knee jerk "the solution is to restrict" (add anything here.) First they banned firearms, pretty much line item, starting with those nasty "assault" weapons, which included pretty much all rifles and handguns, then it was those nasty shotguns which scooped up all of them regardless of model or purpose as well. Now owning a personal firearm is a distant memory in the UK.

Now there has been this big focus on edged tools and weapons. Tools like kitchen knives weapons like swords. Anything with an edge on it is a restricted item. Oh, folks are allowed pocket knives so long as they are of a certain length and blade design. But just ry to go and buy a carving knife for that ham or roast you are going to cook. Sheesh you have to be over 18 (something I find curious since the knife attackers were all well over 18) and there is this paperwork process like it is here buying a firearm.

Hell, if I lived in say London I could get arrested and jailed amidst cries of horror just for what I have in my kitchen drawers. Let alone my camping and hunting gear. My daily carry pocket knife would be seriously iffy. Good grief! A tool that people have used for tens of thousands of years in one form or another people can no longer be trusted with.

At least not without government approval and close supervision. So I guess the next target will have to be blunt instruments. Things like bats and rolling pins. Playing cricket and baking a pie will become difficult. Ah yes, the world is just full of evil tools. I was reading an article that Ireland bans the Japanese katana specifically by name. As a particularly deadly and evil implement. It didn't say but I assumed that things such as Celtic broadswords are OK? That's not a katana style blade which is an "assault" style sword?

Old 07-19-2019, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
The knife laws were enacted due to Muslim extremist knife attacks. More knee jerk "the solution is to restrict" (add anything here.) First they banned firearms, pretty much line item, starting with those nasty "assault" weapons, which included pretty much all rifles and handguns, then it was those nasty shotguns which scooped up all of them regardless of model or purpose as well. Now owning a personal firearm is a distant memory in the UK.

Now there has been this big focus on edged tools and weapons. Tools like kitchen knives weapons like swords. Anything with an edge on it is a restricted item. Oh, folks are allowed pocket knives so long as they are of a certain length and blade design. But just ry to go and buy a carving knife for that ham or roast you are going to cook. Sheesh you have to be over 18 (something I find curious since the knife attackers were all well over 18) and there is this paperwork process like it is here buying a firearm.

Hell, if I lived in say London I could get arrested and jailed amidst cries of horror just for what I have in my kitchen drawers. Let alone my camping and hunting gear. My daily carry pocket knife would be seriously iffy. Good grief! A tool that people have used for tens of thousands of years in one form or another people can no longer be trusted with.

At least not without government approval and close supervision. So I guess the next target will have to be blunt instruments. Things like bats and rolling pins. Playing cricket and baking a pie will become difficult. Ah yes, the world is just full of evil tools. I was reading an article that Ireland bans the Japanese katana specifically by name. As a particularly deadly and evil implement. It didn't say but I assumed that things such as Celtic broadswords are OK? That's not a katana style blade which is an "assault" style sword?
Knife Laws in England & Wales have been tightened however legislation is not something new, indeed the Prevention of Crime Act 1953, Section 1(1) states it is an offence to carry an offensive weapon on or about the person while in a public place without a lawful authority or reasonable excuse. Prohibited weapons may include a knuckleduster, baton, hammer or knife.

The Prevention of Crime Act 1953, Section 1(1) is still the main legislation used in relation to the carryng of knives and other offensive weapons in public places without lawful authority or a reasonable excuse.

Other important legislation includes the Restriction of Offensive Weapons Act 1959, Criminal Justice Act 1988, Offensive Weapons Act 1996 and Knives Act 1997.

Generally you must have a good reason to carry a knife in public without good reason, unless it has a folding blade with a cutting edge 3 inches long or less.

In terms of kitchen knives in homes, that is total nonsense, and there ids nothing stopping you having kitchen knives or oyher tools in your home, or carrying them packaged from a shop to your home, which would be deemes a valid reason to be carring a knife.

The latest piece of legislation is the Offensive Weapons Act 2019.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOV UK

Home Secretary said:
As Home Secretary, I’m doing everything in my power to tackle the scourge of serious violence. Our new Offensive Weapons Act is a central part of this.

These new laws will give police extra powers to seize dangerous weapons and ensure knives are less likely to make their way onto the streets in the first
place.

The Act will also see the introduction of Knife Crime Prevention Orders – a power the police called for.

As well as tough law enforcement, it’s hugely important we continue our work to steer young people away from a life of crime in the first place.
Offensive Weapons Act receives Royal Assent - GOV.UK
Terrorism was the motive in the London Bridge terror attacks, when knives were used but overall it is not common, and has little to do with knife crimes in the UK, the main fatorts being domestic violence, robbery and gangs.

Last edited by Brave New World; 07-19-2019 at 07:22 AM..

Old 07-19-2019, 07:05 AM

29,470 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Actually serious violence relating to hosptal admissions is falling, whilst an increase in levels in knife crime most probaby reflects the fact that the police are now using a lot of stop and search, and if you are found with a knife, it's recorded as a crime. As for blaming Muslims, that's simply not true, indeed knife crime can take many forms from domentic violene, to rbbery to street gangs etc.

The murder rate in London is also once again declining, although last years homicide rate of 133 homicides in a city of 9 million, with 3 million daily commuters and 20 million foreign visitors was a lot better than many other cities around the world.

Met police chief hails fall in violent crime in London | UK news | The Guardian (2019)

Stabbings and murders plummet in London as Met commissioner hails stop and search (2019)

This Is London's Murder Rate Compared To Major US Cities | HuffPost (2019)

The UK is also putting in place knife provention orders, relating to stop and search, and has sert up violent crime reduction units, whilst both Prime Minesterial candidates in terms of Johnson and Hunt have promised an extra 20,000 police officers.

Boris Johnson promises 20000 extra police officers if he becomes prime minister - ITV News

However Khan can be criticised for being against stop and search, the very thing that is now helng to reduce knife crime and also in relation to using police officers for his own hate crime agenda rather than having them deal with knife crime. Khan has not been a good mayor and may well lose the bext election in 2020, but that doesn't mean London has a high crime rate fir a city of it's size or that muslims can be blamed for stabbing and violent crime.

Interesting you post that. I'm a huge fan of it, although it goes against our Constitution, we have to take the bad with the good sometimes. We also have many Liberals that will come up with every excuse in the book how it doesn't work, though.

Last edited by scarabchuck; 07-19-2019 at 07:37 AM..

Old 07-19-2019, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Interesting you post that. I'm a huge fan of it. We have many Liberals that will come up with every excuse in the book how it doesn't work, though.

Stop and Search actually works, and knife crime is now being succesfully tackled through stop and search.

Knife Arches at transport hubs and dedicated violence reduction unitys also work.

Sadly it's often the left and their campaign against stop and search that leads to a lot more deaths of young people.

Old 07-19-2019, 07:27 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Interesting you post that. I'm a huge fan of it. We have many Liberals that will come up with every excuse in the book how it doesn't work, though.
Excuses like the 4th Amendment?

Its not just liberals, I know some conservatives who still respect it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies