U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we behave better in politics?
Yes: We can and should behave better! 17 73.91%
Indifferent: It is to be expected and not that bad. 5 21.74%
No: This behavior helps politically and maybe we should even be worse. 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 02:45 PM

36 posts, read 7,831 times

Advertisements

This upcoming election will be the first election that I will be old enough that I can vote in. I am excited and trying to pay attention and learn.

However, I am getting increasingly disappointed and worried over the constant behavior that I see from adults of ages from my age to the retired....name-calling, selective use of facts, belittling, fact evading, smearing, refusing to listen....and using double standards.....it isn't just me....several of my friends of similar age are getting...jaded you might say...over politics and the current condition it is in.....identifying with neither party.....

There have always been issues like this I am sure, but it is bad....and getting worse.

We need to try to be proper adults and set the example for those coming up....

...please don't point the finger at other individuals or groups in this thread....we are all imperfect and so are both parties....however, we can all do our part to try and tone down the ill-behavior.

I take a pledge to be on my best behavior with intellectual integrity and in conduct to others on these threads. Please call me out if I fail and remind me of my pledge.

I ask others to join me in following suit so that we can discuss better and if we discuss better maybe we can find enough common ground for a resolution. We are all humans after all and have that special light in our eye.

Please feel free to respond if you agree to follow suit or even if you don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 02:54 PM

4,289 posts, read 1,850,589 times
Do you know what it is that makes the politics forum more entertaining than the others?

Old Today, 03:04 PM

4,161 posts, read 4,796,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post

It's great to read that your doing research for your first time in the booth

Please keep this in mind as you do, Who best represents you

The Government or Yourself

"Wherever the real power in a government lies, there is a danger of oppression. In our government, the real power lies in the majority of the Community... Government is the mere instrument of the major number of constituents.Ē

Quote: James Madison

Old Today, 03:24 PM

24,845 posts, read 9,671,662 times
You haven't voted yet?

Do yourself a favor and don't. Your soul will thank you.

Old Today, 03:31 PM

14,380 posts, read 9,081,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
This upcoming election will be the first election that I will be old enough that I can vote in. I am excited and trying to pay attention and learn.

However, I am getting increasingly disappointed and worried over the constant behavior that I see from adults of ages from my age to the retired....name-calling, selective use of facts, belittling, fact evading, smearing, refusing to listen....and using double standards.....it isn't just me....several of my friends of similar age are getting...jaded you might say...over politics and the current condition it is in.....identifying with neither party.....

There have always been issues like this I am sure, but it is bad....and getting worse.

We need to try to be proper adults and set the example for those coming up....

...please don't point the finger at other individuals or groups in this thread....we are all imperfect and so are both parties....however, we can all do our part to try and tone down the ill-behavior.

I take a pledge to be on my best behavior with intellectual integrity and in conduct to others on these threads. Please call me out if I fail and remind me of my pledge.

I ask others to join me in following suit so that we can discuss better and if we discuss better maybe we can find enough common ground for a resolution. We are all humans after all and have that special light in our eye.

While I admire your um eagerness to want to learn and have people work together. Itís not going to happen the hate the two parties have for each other are out of hand.

Take a good hard look on this forum and look at different social media outlets. They donít want to get along and make things better for the country. Only for their Perspective parties

Old Today, 03:38 PM

4,877 posts, read 2,352,360 times
Who is the we you are referencing as my answers would be different.

Media - definitely has to behave and quit trying to make a mole out of a molehill.

Republicans: I actually think they have to speak up and realize Trump is the leader people want.

Democrats - yes they need to behave better and quit crying like spoiled children who didn't get what they wanted. They never learned life isn't fair and no matter how much you cry - you don't make the situation better.

Old Today, 03:58 PM

9,615 posts, read 4,605,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Who is the we you are referencing as my answers would be different.

Media - definitely has to behave and quit trying to make a mole out of a molehill.

Republicans: I actually think they have to speak up and realize Trump is the leader people want.

Democrats - yes they need to behave better and quit crying like spoiled children who didn't get what they wanted. They never learned life isn't fair and no matter how much you cry - you don't make the situation better.
Trump was NOT the one people wanted. He was just the anti-Hillary and she still got more votes.

Old Today, 04:00 PM

63,078 posts, read 34,350,819 times
Quote:
Please Behave - take the pledge!
Why not ask the mud-slinging troll in the WH to behave.

Old Today, 04:05 PM

5,241 posts, read 3,757,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
You haven't voted yet?

Do yourself a favor and don't. Your soul will thank you.
You haven't voted yet?

Do yourself a favor and do. The heart and soul of every veteran living and dead will thank you.

And no matter what - no matter what - think for yourself. Do not go along to get along, do not be uneducated, do not be intimidated. Be fearless. Best of luck to you.

Old Today, 04:24 PM

32,474 posts, read 26,347,895 times
one thing you are going to learn as you grow up is that politics is a rough and tumble institution. there have been attempts to reduce the mudslinging, and the hate and discontent, but they have all failed because hate works so well. there will come a point though when the masses finally see through the hate, and start to realize that the ones the hate is being directed at isnt warranted, but that will be awhile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or