U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 05:22 PM

25,882 posts, read 39,172,212 times

Advertisements

Having traveled in the recent days, outside the Country and entering again, the comparison to what you see on TV is beyond ridiculous.

Citizens, green card holders, visa holders, ESTA holders, etc. all have to go in line and wait their turn to get to the pole with screen to enter their passports, green cards, etc. Then they will be finger printed, picture taken and a paper will roll out the machine. After the paper is obtained and checked by another employee, the person can go up to the customs employee to have passport, green card, etc. checked and paper turned in, then a nice welcome home or welcome to the USA, can be heard and you can enter.

On TV we can see the illegals that just cross the border and enter and waive the flag of their original country, like a victory lap or dance, which basically means that they can now make America their Country they left for so called a better life.

When we came here we didnít waive the flag of our native country but brought an American flag with us (small one) and sooner than later had a big flag hanging on our wall.

How can anyone, justify that citizens and other legal aliens have to go through all these steps and illegal aliens cross the border without identification, demanding better food, better...whatever and complain about being separated. I was separated from my family for the same reason these illegals are separated...

CHOICE!

They can stay where they are and do not have to be separated and every time I hear the whining about separation I hear the voices of Angel families, families who lost someone due to health issues, loss due to someone making a stupid mistake and ending up in prison to pay for their mistake.

Sorry but having seen Citizens, green card holders, visa holders, ESTA holders, etc. stay in line, peacefully and waiting their turn to do the right thing, is making me get more upset about the left and their anti Trump bashing.

Where were they when Obama said the same thing. That was one of the things I did agree with Obama on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 05:46 PM

4,539 posts, read 891,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Having traveled in the recent days, outside the Country and entering again, the comparison to what you see on TV is beyond ridiculous.

Citizens, green card holders, visa holders, ESTA holders, etc. all have to go in line and wait their turn to get to the pole with screen to enter their passports, green cards, etc. Then they will be finger printed, picture taken and a paper will roll out the machine. After the paper is obtained and checked by another employee, the person can go up to the customs employee to have passport, green card, etc. checked and paper turned in, then a nice welcome home or welcome to the USA, can be heard and you can enter.

On TV we can see the illegals that just cross the border and enter and waive the flag of their original country, like a victory lap or dance, which basically means that they can now make America their Country they left for so called a better life.

When we came here we didnít waive the flag of our native country but brought an American flag with us (small one) and sooner than later had a big flag hanging on our wall.

How can anyone, justify that citizens and other legal aliens have to go through all these steps and illegal aliens cross the border without identification, demanding better food, better...whatever and complain about being separated. I was separated from my family for the same reason these illegals are separated...

CHOICE!

They can stay where they are and do not have to be separated and every time I hear the whining about separation I hear the voices of Angel families, families who lost someone due to health issues, loss due to someone making a stupid mistake and ending up in prison to pay for their mistake.

Sorry but having seen Citizens, green card holders, visa holders, ESTA holders, etc. stay in line, peacefully and waiting their turn to do the right thing, is making me get more upset about the left and their anti Trump bashing.

Where were they when Obama said the same thing. That was one of the things I did agree with Obama on.
Nice post. One thing I do sympathize with the bleeding heart liberals on is how the kids of illegal immigrants are treated and the rape or torture of illegals. Detestable to say the least. An illegal that makes it a point to get a green card or citizenship while in the U.S. is where I disagree with deporting them.

Old Today, 05:55 PM

23,151 posts, read 12,309,358 times
Immigration has always reported that the majority of illegal residents are folks that over stayed visas -- meaning they came in through the port of entry.
https://www.rollcall.com/news/congre...visa-overstays

And obviously you have been only paying attention to the parts of the story that serve your bias.

Many of those choosing to cross between ports of entry are doing so because the have been in line for days at the ports of entry.

Trump's administration has chosen to 'slow' the process down and make those wait longer.

So your little wait in line is nothing. If that's all they had to do they would gladly do it.

I'm an immigrant. Canadian. And yes when I cross the border I wait. But I don't have to wait for days, weeks to get through. Longest wait I've ever had is about 20 minutes -- and it isn't because they are trying to deter me from leaving or coming in.

Old Today, 06:23 PM

24,033 posts, read 11,941,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Immigration has always reported that the majority of illegal residents are folks that over stayed visas -- meaning they came in through the port of entry.
https://www.rollcall.com/news/congre...visa-overstays

And obviously you have been only paying attention to the parts of the story that serve your bias.

Many of those choosing to cross between ports of entry are doing so because the have been in line for days at the ports of entry.

Trump's administration has chosen to 'slow' the process down and make those wait longer.

So your little wait in line is nothing. If that's all they had to do they would gladly do it.

I'm an immigrant. Canadian. And yes when I cross the border I wait. But I don't have to wait for days, weeks to get through. Longest wait I've ever had is about 20 minutes -- and it isn't because they are trying to deter me from leaving or coming in.
No waiting to go back to where they came from.

Old Today, 06:26 PM

23,151 posts, read 12,309,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
No waiting to go back to where they came from.
Yes there would be if they went through the port of entry.

I know I'm being petty.....but that's the reality.

There are people who have been waiting for days in lines.........

https://www.apnews.com/ed788f5b4269407381d79e588b6c1dc2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or