U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:55 AM

20,754 posts, read 10,064,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Yah cuz who could possibly learn anything from anything else in human events past and current. I mean. The gall of the very idea!
So you would agree that based on the problems Europe is having with refugees we should learn from their mistakes and curtail entry of them into our country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:39 AM

12,208 posts, read 9,900,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
So you would agree that based on the problems Europe is having with refugees we should learn from their mistakes and curtail entry of them into our country?
I would say that is the single most... I was going to say simplistic, but with modify it to simple-minded thing I have ever seen written.

Old Yesterday, 10:41 AM

23,181 posts, read 12,321,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
I've seen a lot of comments on here from hard leftists about Donald Trump being "divisive." You don't really believe that you all aren't divisive as well, do you? I mean, you can't seriously believe that.
Far left and far right are most definitely and purposefully divisive.

Old Yesterday, 10:44 AM

31,701 posts, read 20,001,474 times
The "far" everything is divisive. Far left, far right.... all extremism.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old Yesterday, 12:03 PM
Status: "Be yourself. What's the alternative?" (set 24 days ago)

8,713 posts, read 10,854,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
The biggest catalyst to any divisive talks is attempting to make it one-sided, just like the OP has. You cannot focus on one side with the word divisive. That's simply pointing fingers of blame elsewhere. The problem is one side blinded by their own extreme views thinking that the other people with opposing extreme views are all wrong. What we have is nothing more than a gang fight going on with the left & right, and it's sad.
It is. A society at war w/ itself. I think most people are somewhere in the middle and can give and take enough to get stuff accomplished.

Old Yesterday, 07:47 PM

20,754 posts, read 10,064,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I would say that is the single most... I was going to say simplistic, but with modify it to simple-minded thing I have ever seen written.
Translation:

'I have no comeback and will now resort to insults.'

Got it.

Old Yesterday, 07:53 PM

2,918 posts, read 2,021,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Many old school democrats may not like republicans or Trump but they do not like the democrats, either. These radicals are pushing them out of the party. They appeal to the millenials and disinformed who have nothing to lose( or gain) by backing anarchy.
This is what's driving Independent or unaffiliated voters to being the fastest growing voting block.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
I remember 5-6 years ago, very conservative people where calling Obama the biggest Racist in the country. He HAAAATED white people... and a Muslim, so somehow he hated white christian men!

These where hard core 2nd amendment fellows....
This forum (specifically the Politics & Other Controversies section) is full of those types. Much more so than the so-called "leftists".

Old Yesterday, 08:13 PM

12,208 posts, read 9,900,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Translation:

'I have no comeback and will now resort to insults.'

Got it.
I could write a book on economics, social justice... But they have been written.

Old Yesterday, 08:23 PM

1,846 posts, read 1,705,584 times
Bernie has been in government for decades. Name me one thing he's done to divide this country compared to what Trump has done so far in 2 years.

Old Yesterday, 08:26 PM

2,107 posts, read 770,217 times
They’re the most divisive people on the planet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies