Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 07:59 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,602,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I am going to be total honest about divisiveness and the "far left". The US does not have a far left. We have a left. This left is thought to be one unified voice. As if by one person. Being human, there are many voices in said left.

I think the left looks divisive because they are sick and tired of trying to gain by facts, sense and the values that our country stands for. The arguments and behavior have been vicious so long that taking the high ground is pointless. *******. Snowflake. Makes me laugh every time I hear a right winger whine about how they can't say Christmas anymore or some BS. Tip: No one cares if you say Merry Christmas. You just don't get to force others to. Or white dudes who complain about how they are being treated poorly. But totally unwilling to hit the streets. Where do you think change comes from? Tip: It is not whining on the internet.

The if you don't like it go home mantra is enough to make me nearly violent. And I am far from a violent person. I love my home. When something breaks in it, I fix it. I don't just leave. The "everyone is a racist" **** SHOULD be making some people stop and think. Do you even know what a racist is? Or you so busy decrying that you aren't one that you just can't see? That the right can bury its head in the sand to the violence perpetuated on the black community by police and then say - with a straight face - I am not a racist is baffling ... used to be baffling. Now it has turned to enraging. And that is just ONE of the issues that black and any person of color faces in this country. That you can support a "president" whose recent comments about congresswomen are so abhorrent that the rest of the world is aghast says to me, YOU are the problem. Not Trump. YOU.

That people support a grab 'em by the *****, disabled person mocking (oy of course we can go on) person as president means YOU are the problem. Oh he is rich! Since when do we value someone simply for being rich? That is not MY country which I love. Oh he is such a good businessman. I guess you do not read the news.

Bottom line, the current "right" of this country is a bunch of people who love the sound bites that give them a place to rest their bigotry. Having a "right" to an opinion does not mean your opinion is any good. No, in fact many of them are just plain evil. And I don't need a god to tell me that. Want to stop abortion? Make it illegal. But everyone knows, or should know, that that does not stop abortion. That just stops abortion for poor people and continues the cycle of poverty in those families.

Truth. The right values money. And hates poor people above all else. That black and Hispanic people tend to be the poor people, it is easy to vilify. The right values punishment. Making poor people PAY and HURT for being poor. Hey wait, I am poor! I don't hate the poor! Yah - sorry, you do. You don't want to be poor. You want to BE Donald Trump. Cheat, lie, whatever it takes to have an ostentatious, disgusting lifestyle of greed. You need god to sit in judgement of you and promise you eternal hellfire just to get you to behave.

This country is currently a weird cross between the Handmaid's Tale (Tip: This is a story of POWER and WEALTH not just the abuse of women and "gender traitors") and Idiocracy. I am so done being sad about it. Divide on, I say. Because someone needs to shut the right down. And Right Now. No more high road.
Don't be silly - of course there is a far left. Political views are on a spectrum. I was once on the far left but as the far left has been infiltrated by people who put American's last, I've become more moderate in my views.

One unified voice? The loons on the far left do not speak for me and I am not part of that group in any way.

What a ridiculous notion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2019, 08:00 AM

25,713 posts, read 18,788,778 times
I believe the far left is far more than divisive. More like treasonous and dangerous to the concept of individual liberty.

Old 07-16-2019, 08:16 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,185,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Don't be silly - of course there is a far left.
Look at Europe and come back to me.

Old 07-16-2019, 08:17 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,602,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Look at Europe and come back to me.
I'm looking at America since that's where I live.

Old 07-16-2019, 08:19 AM

21,863 posts, read 25,129,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
That you think that these are far left democrats, just shows you how Far Far Right US politics has gone!

Biden: Wall Street Democrat
Harris: Wall Street Democrat
Buttigieg: Wall Street Democrat

Warren: Centrist Democrat

Bernie Sanders: Social Democrat - Scandinavian Capitalism
Not really gone, it's always been pretty right. Buttigieg is fairly moderate, but he's not going to go anywhere. Otherwise, yeah, Harris, Warren, Sanders are all quite left. Harris personally I think it's more rhetoric than substance but it's hard to tell. Certainly her rhetoric is very much at odds with her reputation as a prosecutor and AG.

Old 07-16-2019, 08:22 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,791,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Did that bastard kill Kenny?
LOL and a rep for you. Doesn't Kenny die every episode?

Is the far left divisive? Yes. Is the far right divisive? Yes. The lunatic fringe exists on both sides of the coin.

Old 07-16-2019, 08:23 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,185,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I'm looking at America since that's where I live.
Yah cuz who could possibly learn anything from anything else in human events past and current. I mean. The gall of the very idea!

Old 07-16-2019, 08:24 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,877,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
LOL and a rep for you. Doesn't Kenny die every episode?

Is the far left divisive? Yes. Is the far right divisive? Yes. The lunatic fringe exists on both sides of the coin.
ding ding, best post so far.

The lunatics on both sides do nothing but divide. Hell we just saw a few them carping because some centrists are willing to compromise.

Old 07-16-2019, 08:35 AM

1,705 posts, read 537,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Not really gone, it's always been pretty right. Buttigieg is fairly moderate, but he's not going to go anywhere. Otherwise, yeah, Harris, Warren, Sanders are all quite left. Harris personally I think it's more rhetoric than substance but it's hard to tell. Certainly her rhetoric is very much at odds with her reputation as a prosecutor and AG.

Its quite simple... Democrats taking money from corporations that work against Workers are not "Left"... They are Republican light.

Harris has 3 times now, been on national TV and said publicly she is for Medicare for all.. then the next day claim she did not hear the question correctly. 3 times!! She wants the soundbite out there and walk it back the next day when nobody is listening.

Warren is a US center Democrat.. she wants to stop corporations and Financial institutions screwing over American consumers. But otherwise not left left.

She would be a Rightwing politician in Scandinavia!

Old 07-16-2019, 08:57 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,282,587 times
The biggest catalyst to any divisive talks is attempting to make it one-sided, just like the OP has. You cannot focus on one side with the word divisive. That's simply pointing fingers of blame elsewhere. The problem is one side blinded by their own extreme views thinking that the other people with opposing extreme views are all wrong. What we have is nothing more than a gang fight going on with the left & right, and it's sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies