Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 10:11 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,578,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
“And the reason tech giants love Indian-born workers? They tend to work for far less than American workers.”

As someone who works in tech in Silicon Valley, I’m telling you that this statement is not correct. People from india are offered just as much as US citizens. Moreover, the US has such a shortage of engineers that without Indians and Asians coming over, the US would not currently be to top country for tech development.
Absolutely not true! Intel has laid off many young American engineers, but not until they train their Indian and Chinese replacements. It happened to 2 of my neighbors who were both in their early 30's. Disgusting that people believe lies rather than the truth.

Last edited by Harpaint; 07-15-2019 at 11:14 PM..

Old 07-15-2019, 10:16 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,046,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
Focusing on SI here, they absolutely to pay taxes in their community. Not sure why you think they don't...

I just find it strange that, you, someone who is pro-outsourcing does a full 180 on taxes here...
I think you need to start reading the Wall Street Journal....lots of articles on how the TECH CORPORATIONS avoid paying their fair share of taxes.

Hey, if the Wall Street Journal calls you out......how bad do you think it is!!!

What in the world...made you think I was pro-outsourcing???

Old 07-15-2019, 10:22 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,812,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
I think you need to start reading the Wall Street Journal....lots of articles on how the TECH CORPORATIONS avoid paying their fair share of taxes.

Hey, if the Wall Street Journal calls you out......how bad do you think it is!!!
Obviously you aren't reading The Wall Street Journal. For starters, you don't know how to spell it. Second, The Wall Street Journal. is referring to income tax. Not the real estate taxes that feed into the community and then into the education system. You may want to look up how taxes work. CA and SI have high real estate taxes... that these companies pay on the massive offices and campuses they own.

Also, corporations are owned by people... who pay income tax and/or capital gains as they profit from these companies...

Old 07-15-2019, 10:23 PM

Quote:
What in the world...made you think I was pro-outsourcing???
You've demonstrated your support. Here's a post of your encouraging others to outsource healthcare and even provide an example of yourself outsourcing your own healthcare:

Anyone go up to BC for health care?

Old 07-15-2019, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Obviously you aren't reading The Wall Street Journal. For starters, you don't know how to spell it. Second, The Wall Street Journal. is referring to income tax. Not the real estate taxes that feed into the community and then into the education system. You may want to look up how taxes work. CA and SI have high real estate taxes... that these companies pay on the massive offices and campuses they own.

Also, corporations are owned by people... who pay income tax and/or capital gains as they profit from these companies...
Well, they drop it off in my driveway every morning...so I read it.

Nope, Washington state has a Business and Occupation Tax for businesses based on GROSS RECEIPTS, not net income. There is no corporate income tax in Washington state.

Boeing even got themselves exempted from paying sales taxes on their airplanes. Microsoft....decided to pay taxes in Ireland rather than Washington state.....and we ALL KNOW about Apple and their tax structure.

There is no income tax in Washington state or capital gains taxes so all those rich TECH people don’t pay those in Washington state.

You think that might be the reason all those RICH bastards move to Washington state???

You as a taxpayer, paid me to do economic analysis for Washington state.....sorry, my analysis did not fit with YOUR CORPORATE agenda.

Old 07-15-2019, 10:54 PM

Quote:
You've demonstrated your support. Here's a post of your encouraging others to outsource healthcare and even provide an example of yourself outsourcing your own healthcare:

Anyone go up to BC for health care?
Yep...I lived in Canada and did get two post-operative visits that I paid for out of pocket.

Why should I support CORPORATE medicine in the states that is ripping me off....when it is cheaper to get that care in Canada?? BTW....doesn’t work anymore....Canadians won’t treat you unless it is an emergency.

BTW...did you see my second posting of 40,000 for a heart attack in Canada.

But even Donald Trump agrees with me on the corporate rip-off in medicine.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Well, they drop it off in my driveway every morning...so I read it.

Nope, Washington state has a Business and Occupation Tax for businesses based on GROSS RECEIPTS, not net income. There is no corporate income tax in Washington state.

Boeing even got themselves exempted from paying sales taxes on their airplanes. Microsoft....decided to pay taxes in Ireland rather than Washington state.....and we ALL KNOW about Apple and their tax structure.

There is no income tax in Washington state or capital gains taxes so all those rich TECH people don’t pay those in Washington state.

You think that might be the reason all those RICH bastards move to Washington state???

You as a taxpayer, paid me to do economic analysis for Washington state.....sorry, my analysis did not fit with YOUR CORPORATE agenda.
If you didn't realize, SI is in CA, not WA. Also, WA has property taxes. So you're just straight up lying when you say they wouldn't pay taxes in WA.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Yep...I lived in Canada and did get two post-operative visits that I paid for out of pocket.

Why should I support CORPORATE medicine in the states that is ripping me off....when it is cheaper to get that care in Canada?? BTW....doesn’t work anymore....Canadians won’t treat you unless it is an emergency.

BTW...did you see my second posting of 40,000 for a heart attack in Canada.

But even Donald Trump agrees with me on the corporate rip-off in medicine.
Encouraging outsourcing and participating in it. Rather than having Americans do the work you would rather outsource it to save money. We get the point.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:01 PM

17,304 posts, read 12,251,233 times
I’ll admit that’s one of the reasons I moved to WA from OH. The tax savings alone covered the cost of living difference even though my house here costs 3x as much. Bit of a conservative utopia here in southwest WA. No state/city income tax, 1/3rd rate of property tax, sales tax free shopping across the river. Live and let live lifestyle. Quite different from Seattle to the north or Portland to the south.

But barring legal blocking of moving between states, in capitalism who wouldn’t naturally seek out the most advantageous environment? Ohio was horrible. All those extra taxes got me roads in worse shape, failing schools dragging down property values, high crime, etc.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
I’ll admit that’s one of the reasons I moved to WA from OH. The tax savings alone covered the cost of living difference even though my house here costs 3x as much. Bit of a conservative utopia here in southwest WA. No state/city income tax, 1/3rd rate of property tax, sales tax free shopping across the river. Live and let live lifestyle. Quite different from Seattle to the north or Portland to the south.

But barring legal blocking of moving between states, in capitalism who wouldn’t naturally seek out the most advantageous environment?
You don't really save any money by shopping across the river. You still pay taxes on what you purchase...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies