U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Who is more tolerant of opposing views?
The Left 47 21.27%
The Right 174 78.73%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-16-2019, 06:35 AM
 
Location: Washington State
19,586 posts, read 10,154,371 times
Reputation: 16696

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
Donald Trump is the poster child of intolerance. I dare you to name a President that was worse.
Abraham Lincoln was very intolerant of slavery. Trump is intolerant of those that hate America and Americans such as "The Squad."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-16-2019, 06:35 AM
 
Location: Florida
64,650 posts, read 35,210,863 times
Reputation: 10813
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Not 100%, but with most run by churches, it's going to be very high.
According to what? What what I have observed many poorer church goers donate their time to serve at food pantries etc rather than the money they do not have, while those with money prefer to donate their money. This makes sense, and works well. Also, the catholic church, which is considered liberal as whole, is quite involved in helping the community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2019, 06:46 AM
 
Location: Michigan, Maryland-born
149 posts, read 36,858 times
Reputation: 261
I am still figuring things out in terms of where I stand politically and I think both parties say things I agree with and things I disagree with.

I think I am generally a bit more in line with Democrats than Republicans. However, I think my teachers that were vocal on politics were Democrats and they were not that tolerant of other viewpoints on politics. That is just my own personal experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2019, 06:51 AM
 
16,895 posts, read 9,319,692 times
Reputation: 6858
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
Donald Trump is the poster child of intolerance. I dare you to name a President that was worse.
Andrew Johnson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2019, 06:56 AM
 
6,207 posts, read 1,612,426 times
Reputation: 4971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Calm down, I would never do any of that. Trump is a racist and sexist though, itís a proven fact.
No, that's an opinion. Maybe you can consult your third grade teacher to teach you the difference since you apparently don't know it. Fun fact: The Democrats label everyone a racist who is on the opposing side. The more effective the person (and we know Trump is effective. That IS a fact), the more they call them a racist. It used to work until they started doing it all the time. Now people are seeing through it. Even Democrats.

But the most fun is seeing Democrat Congress members calling the old guards racist and using their own strategy against them. Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden? That's called karma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2019, 06:57 AM
 
Location: USA
20,035 posts, read 9,601,133 times
Reputation: 15126
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
Thatís why Trump needed help from the Kremlin to win. Because the left believes in tyranny.
Only LOONS still believe that, but good luck with that HOAX.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2019, 06:57 AM
 
6,207 posts, read 1,612,426 times
Reputation: 4971
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Exactly. Except it doesn't stop at racist. You have xenophobe, transphobic, homophobic, inbred, deplorable, misogynistic, and I'm sure there are more.
That's because racist doesn't carry the weight that it used to. That used to have the desired effect by shutting down the opponent. Now people are on to the strategy so they had to try something else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2019, 06:58 AM
 
Location: OH->FL->NJ
10,628 posts, read 8,369,968 times
Reputation: 4608
Neither
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2019, 06:59 AM
 
Location: OH->FL->NJ
10,628 posts, read 8,369,968 times
Reputation: 4608
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Andrew Johnson.
I call Johnson and raise you Wilson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2019, 07:18 AM
 
Location: Ohio
5,270 posts, read 1,920,046 times
Reputation: 4431
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Exactly. Except it doesn't stop at racist. You have xenophobe, transphobic, homophobic, inbred, deplorable, misogynistic, and I'm sure there are more.
Not sure about the "inbred" that would be pure speculation. But there is no question that the other adjectives apply to a certain proportion of Trump's hard core far Right radical base. That extremist subsection is heavily represented here on C-D POC.

Most Trump supporters are nothing like the people that spread their poison here day after day, or the people that attend Trump rallies. The vast majority would be repulsed by the stuff that gets posted here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:39 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top