U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is more tolerant of opposing views?
The Left 47 21.27%
The Right 174 78.73%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 08:45 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,992,456 times

Advertisements

Sure as hell is NOT the left by a long shot. Disagree with their view and your doxed, attacked and destroyed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2019, 08:50 AM

14,533 posts, read 11,887,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty Seven View Post
I would say not wanting a girl with a penis to share a locker room with your daughter is at the extreme mild end of the intolerance scale, if it must be put on the scale at all. And leftists are extremely tolerant of overweight people, so long as they are women, have purple hair, and hate the same people they hate.

LOL, yes this is all true. The examples I used were indeed non specific and rather off the cuff. I should have added clarity to them. Sometimes it is extremely difficult to try and walk down the middle of the road. You can easily get greased by traffic form both directions.

Old 07-16-2019, 08:53 AM

33,609 posts, read 20,613,956 times
Hard to say, tolerance has nothing to do with party affiliation or political belief.

Old 07-16-2019, 08:56 AM

20,053 posts, read 12,604,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Sure as hell is NOT the left by a long shot. Disagree with their view and your doxed, attacked and destroyed.

??????????????? Libs are clearly opposed to individual freedom and liberties

1. dem leaders encouraging libs to physically attack conservatives while in public

2. beating the hell out of journalists they perceive to be threatening

3. using political correctness to ban opposition speech

4. shouting down and preventing conservatives from speaking at college campuses

5. punishing students who manifest "toxic masculinity"

6. punishing students who do not recognize 60 genders

7. threaten those who do not celebrate tansgenders using any bathroom they want

8. trying to remove any political impact of smaller states by banning the electoral college

9. "fairness doctrine"

10. Limiting 1st, 2nd and 10th Amendment rights.

Liberals are the new fascists in America who are attempting to turn the nation into a totalitarian state, in which there is only one opinion tolerated and that is one that supports far left dogma and a supremely powerful central government.

Old 07-16-2019, 08:56 AM

9,874 posts, read 10,825,913 times
I think both sides could do much better.

I shake my head at what I read in the news these days...from both sides.

Old 07-16-2019, 08:58 AM

33,609 posts, read 20,613,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I think both sides could do much better.

I shake my head at what I read in the news these days...from both sides.
yep. Everybody seems so overly pissed off and overly sensitive.

Old 07-16-2019, 09:06 AM

9,588 posts, read 4,412,388 times
I don't know how people can say conservatives are better on free speech when they literally want to censor all art and entertainment to make sure it conforms to "family values" which basically means it must have been acceptable in 1955. When a private business wants to show support for the LGBT community or be more inclusive in saying 'Happy Holidays' instead of 'Merry Christmas', conservatives lose their minds.

Old 07-16-2019, 09:18 AM

5,719 posts, read 8,542,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Here's the thing. You can respect a person's RIGHT to HAVE the opinion, especially under the law. But you don't have to respect the opinion nor the person who holds it. Having a right to an opinion does not make it a good opinion.
... and how is that ^ different from what I said?

Old 07-16-2019, 09:38 AM

7,140 posts, read 3,955,757 times
A draw. I think there are two things going on. Both sides have people who are hypersensitive and are cocked and loaded to react to even the slightest thing. The religious right seems to have this in spades. Victimhood is the new American Way. Also, both sides have people who enjoy poking their thumb in the eye of anyone who has an opposite thought or who those who don't agree or support their perspective. These folks live for the chance to put others down - it gets them out of bed each day. On this forum, it appears that the right is less tolerant but I'm not sure that is reflective of reality since there are more vocal right-wing members.

Old 07-16-2019, 09:39 AM

1,113 posts, read 392,927 times
To be fair, the Left is MUCH more hell bent on changing things in America so by nature they need to be intolerant to a degree to point out things that need to be altered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or