U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 09:58 AM

79,548 posts, read 33,842,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
"We are" what? Different? "Just people" means no need to observe differences? That's convenient.
I covered this. If you have an argument to make, make it.

Old 07-16-2019, 10:18 AM

625 posts, read 109,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I covered this. If you have an argument to make, make it.
Going in circles. No thanks. Suit yourself.

Old 07-16-2019, 10:19 AM

33,408 posts, read 20,216,937 times
I have a black brother-in-law whom I truly love and respect.

He NEVER (and yes, NEVER) talked about racism with any of us, because why? We are not black male. Period. Perception is reality, we will never understand it. He understands that.

This said, He did mention that white people who want to apologize to blacks are bunch of clowns. They just want to push an agenda to make themselves feel happy. They want to be the compassionate ones, the loving ones and kind ones. They are not be trusted. He also said he doesn't need any non-white to be the spokeperson for him, lol he just doesn't need them. lol If they really want racism gone, then treat everybody exactly the same. (well, easier said than done.)

I thought that was an interesting perspective.

As for myself, well, my brother has a good friend served with him in the Marine Corps. He is black. After my brother graduated from UC Berkeley, this black guy helped my brother started his own southern style bbq restaurant near a local VA hospital. This black guy gave my brother his secret recipe and he asked his brothers to work for my brother for free for a total of three month. That is what I call real brotherhood. =)

Old 07-16-2019, 10:51 AM

14,297 posts, read 11,694,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

He NEVER (and yes, NEVER) talked about racism with any of us, because why? We are not black male. Period. Perception is reality, we will never understand it. He understands that.

This said, He did mention that white people who want to apologize to blacks are bunch of clowns. They just want to push an agenda to make themselves feel happy. They want to be the compassionate ones, the loving ones and kind ones. They are not be trusted. He also said he doesn't need any non-white to be the spokeperson for him, lol he just doesn't need them. lol If they really want racism gone, then treat everybody exactly the same. (well, easier said than done.)

I don't have any Black friends or acquaintances. But that's not some life choice. There just aren't any Black people in the circles I travel in. There's no opportunity to interact. Some years back when my son and I were heavily into competition pistol shooting we had one Black friend. He helped instruct my son in certain techniques and I worked on his gun for him tuning and tweaking. But he passed on a couple years ago. Not once in our years spent on the range did skin color ever come up. We truly just didn't see it as some sort of factor that differentiated us from each other in any way.

That is how I would choose to interact with everyone regardless of our skin. Truly...it works quite well. TYet here we are. he content of character quote actually means something to me. I'm totally good with that. But there is this massive divisiveness drawn up along color lines going on right now and it makes things truly difficult.

And it's being advocated and pushed forward more by White people claiming to have the best interests of POC in mind. Perhaps it's well intentioned (perhaps not) but there is that adage about the paving of the road to Hell there. Never in my life do I ever remember racial tensions being this tightly wound. Not even back in the early 70s when I was a kid. It was there but nowadays the vehement militancy is far more pronounced. And with White people spearheading it. I see these racial demonstrations on the news supposedly advocating for Black people and right there at the front line are a bunch of screaming, yowling and violent White people. Lots of women it seems. But still White as the driven snow.

I don't get it. What is to be gained by inciting all this hatred and division? It grabs headlines and gives the radicals talking points I guess but beyond that it's an empty shell. Yet here we are. All a guy like me can do is roll with the punches and carry on regardless.

Old 07-16-2019, 10:54 AM

33,408 posts, read 20,216,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I don't have any Black friends or acquaintances. But that's not some life choice. There just aren't any Black people in the circles I travel in. There's no opportunity to interact. Some years back when my son and I were heavily into competition pistol shooting we had one Black friend. He helped instruct my son in certain techniques and I worked on his gun for him tuning and tweaking. But he passed on a couple years ago. Not once in our years spent on the range did skin color ever come up. We truly just didn't see it as some sort of factor that differentiated us from each other in any way.

That is how I would choose to interact with everyone regardless of our skin. Truly...it works quite well. TYet here we are. he content of character quote actually means something to me. I'm totally good with that. But there is this massive divisiveness drawn up along color lines going on right now and it makes things truly difficult.

And it's being advocated and pushed forward more by White people claiming to have the best interests of POC in mind. Perhaps it's well intentioned (perhaps not) but there is that adage about the paving of the road to Hell there. Never in my life do I ever remember racial tensions being this tightly wound. Not even back in the early 70s when I was a kid. It was there but nowadays the vehement militancy is far more pronounced. And with White people spearheading it. I see these racial demonstrations on the news supposedly advocating for Black people and right there at the front line are a bunch of screaming, yowling and violent White people. Lots of women it seems. But still White as the driven snow.

I don't get it. What is to be gained by inciting all this hatred and division? It grabs headlines and gives the radicals talking points I guess but beyond that it's an empty shell. Yet here we are. All a guy like me can do is roll with the punches and carry on regardless.
yeah, I totally agree with you.

I don't get it either, I always thought that "we are all in this together" The bad, the good, the ugly. America is our home. divide and conquer, divide and conquer, so sick and tired of this.

Old 07-16-2019, 10:58 AM

625 posts, read 109,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

As for myself, well, my brother has a good friend served with him in the Marine Corps. He is black. After my brother graduated from UC Berkeley, this black guy helped my brother started his own southern style bbq restaurant near a local VA hospital. This black guy gave my brother his secret recipe and he asked his brothers to work for my brother for free for a total of three month. That is what I call real brotherhood. =)
That's pretty much it. But blacks wanting an apology are not to be trusted either. Maybe those wanting to apologize and those wanting an apology can go to opposite sides of the world and move on.

Old 07-16-2019, 11:39 AM

810 posts, read 145,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Wow so creepy, no one in that audience had anything to do with slavery and yet like robotrons they got up and did it. She probably could have added "now go home a sell everything you own and send the money to me" and they'd have done that too
It reminded me of a sunday sermon where a pastor/preacher would ask everyone in the congregation to face each other and utter the words "he has risen". So it goes with politics and the worshiping of the state.
And its just the way those in power like it.
The victimhood mentality has to be re-enforced every now and then.

Old 07-16-2019, 11:59 AM

8,795 posts, read 10,895,724 times
She's a former new age writer. It will take more than that to make Trump go away.

Old 07-16-2019, 12:08 PM

12,840 posts, read 8,843,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
She's a former new age writer. It will take more than that to make Trump go away.
Maybe that explains the deer in the headlight look she always gives..too much LSD

Last edited by ELOrocks17; 07-16-2019 at 12:55 PM..

Old 07-16-2019, 12:31 PM

21,106 posts, read 10,170,283 times
All I know is she wrote about peace, love, dove and opening your heart or something of that nature, and people I worked on a project with said she was the biggest *b* they had ever encountered.

I'd love to have been there watching the WTH look on the faces of some of those black folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or