U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 06:39 AM

79,548 posts, read 33,842,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Trump is trying to get rid of illegals, which apparently bothers you, but the DNC blocks him at every turn because they want open borders.

But go ahead and cheer for reparations. Lol
He has done nothing which only goes to show how you have been played. 2 1/2 years and he has done nothing.

I was honest about what I thought about reparations.

Old 07-17-2019, 06:41 AM

21,106 posts, read 10,170,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
So I guess $99 Billion is out of the question.
No, but it would offend the people getting it....lol.

Old 07-17-2019, 07:07 AM

29,859 posts, read 16,521,882 times
If Williams really understood the issues and truly cared about "black people" she'd be advocating not for arbitrary payoffs (of which the state will take a generous cut of) in exchange for votes and loyalty, but for the elimination of min.wage laws, welfare schemes that incentivize the destruction of the family,and the war on drugs.
Of course she neither understands the issues or cares about anyone other than herself and is more than happy to make unrealistic promises that would have truly disastrous effects if ever implemented.
If anything her dog and pony show further demonstrates that statism is a religion with politician as preacher promising redemption and utopian rewards to the sinners (voters) so long as they behave in the correct manner (obey the states commandments and tithe generously).
Thanks for tuning in and may the force be with you...oh and dont forget to vote.

Old 07-17-2019, 07:16 AM

14,297 posts, read 11,694,455 times
Is there really anything to debate here? The simple answer that everybody who is against reparations gives is that there is nobody alive today who is responsible for what happened 150 years ago. Nor is there anyone alive who was effected by that. The whole sins of the Father thing.

I never owned slaves. I did not fight in a rebellion where it was an issue. Nor have I ever treated Black people with discrimination. There's nothing to apologize and pay for. It's over folks. That being said of course we should remember our history. That's where our most important lessons are. But living in it is an act of insanity.

We of today do not owe anyone else of today for yesteryear. Besides Black people are now a protected class of citizen with special rights others do not have. Hiring preference, education perks, regulations on speech that involves them, overall treatment preferences and concessions in general. And here we go with "show me the money." Umm....no.

How is it that ideas such as this have anything to do with diversification and equality when they accord special treatment to "protected" classes? The very idea makes things unequal. Far from level and plumb. And it's not that complicated to figure out. Yet here we are beating it to death.

Holding todays White citizens of the US as somehow individually responsible for the institution of slavery having once existed her and demanding apology and payment. What about the descendants of the Arab and African slavers who captured and sold slaves? The descendants of the slave ship sailors who brought slaves here? Many of them were Dutch, English etc.

But somehow only White US citizens are being held as accountable for the wrongs of our ancestors and most of us are not even descended from slave holders. The utter nonsense of this apology and reparations proposal should be obvious to even the most dull witted among us.

Old 07-17-2019, 08:08 AM

2,531 posts, read 839,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I donít even apologize for the effed up things I do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
That's incredibly sad.
It's not sad, it's funny. Do you honestly believe that poster has never apologized for anything? Sheesh. Not only off the mark about this whole white guilt apology nonsense, but too many progressive types have no sense of humor, either.

Old 07-17-2019, 08:11 AM

21,106 posts, read 10,170,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
It's not sad, it's funny. Do you honestly believe that poster has never apologized for anything? Sheesh. Not only off the mark about this whole white guilt apology nonsense, but too many progressive types have no sense of humor, either.
The phrase 'tightly wound' isn't even strong enough.

Old 07-17-2019, 08:18 AM

7,017 posts, read 2,560,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Call me old fashion but as a dark-skin ghetto kid I sort of miss how white liberals used to pander to me.
I'm not liberal, but I am white. I grew up poor, but still in the suburbs. Not full on bougie white devil, but close enough, so.....

I'M SORRY.

Is there anything I can do to help you get through the rest of your day/week/month/life? I'll PM my contact info so we can figure out my pandering game and where it needs upped.

Old 07-17-2019, 08:20 AM

30,414 posts, read 16,712,906 times
Where does the Left dig these people up?

Old 07-17-2019, 08:22 AM

10,440 posts, read 9,432,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Where does the Left dig these people up?
From under the same rock with the rest of them.

Old 07-17-2019, 10:37 AM

22,639 posts, read 11,663,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Is there really anything to debate here? The simple answer that everybody who is against reparations gives is that there is nobody alive today who is responsible for what happened 150 years ago. Nor is there anyone alive who was effected by that. The whole sins of the Father thing.

I never owned slaves. I did not fight in a rebellion where it was an issue. Nor have I ever treated Black people with discrimination. There's nothing to apologize and pay for. It's over folks. That being said of course we should remember our history. That's where our most important lessons are. But living in it is an act of insanity.

We of today do not owe anyone else of today for yesteryear. Besides Black people are now a protected class of citizen with special rights others do not have. Hiring preference, education perks, regulations on speech that involves them, overall treatment preferences and concessions in general. And here we go with "show me the money." Umm....no.

How is it that ideas such as this have anything to do with diversification and equality when they accord special treatment to "protected" classes? The very idea makes things unequal. Far from level and plumb. And it's not that complicated to figure out. Yet here we are beating it to death.

Holding todays White citizens of the US as somehow individually responsible for the institution of slavery having once existed her and demanding apology and payment. What about the descendants of the Arab and African slavers who captured and sold slaves? The descendants of the slave ship sailors who brought slaves here? Many of them were Dutch, English etc.

But somehow only White US citizens are being held as accountable for the wrongs of our ancestors and most of us are not even descended from slave holders. The utter nonsense of this apology and reparations proposal should be obvious to even the most dull witted among us.
They should argue for Jim Crow reparations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or